How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

29 minutes ago, androokery said:

My impression is that the majority of the businesses in Nana gogo bars, as well as the establishments in soi Cowboy and on Bangla road, rely more on tourists wanting to visit the supposedly sexy dirty night scene than they actually rely on prostitution.  These places are an obvious draw for tourism and generate a lot of income.

Many of these family tourists made the streets look busy. And some of those tourists have a beer or two in the outside part of the bars. But relative few of those family tourist go inside and spend money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About the Indians (or what I think are Indians): It seems many of them like to look at girls but spend almost nothing. As far as I know that is the reason why they are not welcome in many bars. 

The Indian groups tend to be cheap. But there are lot of FIT males from the subcontinent with cash to burn. The girls love em as they tend to be loyal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About the Indians (or what I think are Indians): It seems many of them like to look at girls but spend almost nothing. As far as I know that is the reason why they are not welcome in many bars. 

Correct and also try to get one girl for short time but shared around the group. I've seen them refused entry at Rainbow 4, charged 500 baht each at Crazy House and kicked out of Deja Vu (the one next to Country road).

• Like 2

So what is the, "If you don't get enough lady drinks, we will deduct from your monthly salary" thing? 

I'm embarrassed that I don't know about this. Perhaps it never came up (so to speak) since this was never an issue in the past. What are the mechanics of this? 

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Thais became addicted to this easy cash from stupid foreigners. I hope this health crisis weans them off this bs. I'm sure the strip clubs in Miami are doing well lol.. 

Even if the thais working class work hard they are still being paid peanuts so why bother? You would have done the same thing I believe in such situation. Just that your Labour Union will shout their heads off and fight a better pay for you.

My sympathy is with the working class Thais whose bloods are being suck by the big corporations.

I cannot criticize the government or the upper class here so you have to imagine what is happening in this country and the working class is wrongly label as lazy and useless and what not.

If I under pay you for a job done and you are not allow to say anything not allow to criticize then you just go home and drink your beer for consolation. So sad.

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

The Indian groups tend to be cheap. But there are lot of FIT males from the subcontinent with cash to burn. The girls love em as they tend to be loyal.

The only place in BKK that I've seen girls go with Indians was at Shock39 and the Thai girls were on the fatter/rougher side lol.

36 minutes ago, androokery said:

rely more on tourists wanting to visit the supposedly sexy dirty night scene than they actually rely on prostitution.

Yep, seeing more and more of these giggly couples and all-female groups at the gogos getting in the way of serious men. But to be fair their money's green too and they don't tend to loiter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

So what is the, "If you don't get enough lady drinks, we will deduct from your monthly salary" thing? 

I'm embarrassed that I don't know about this. Perhaps it never came up (so to speak) since this was never an issue in the past. What are the mechanics of this? 

You have a quota per month, if the girl fails to get her quota her salary is cut, same for not fulfilling the bar fine quota, same for turning up late or not turning up at all. It is to encourage the girls to get the guys to spend more money, same as 3 girls hanging around one guy, more drinks, more money for the bar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

The principle is the following:

They get i.e. 15k salary. For that money they are supposed to get 180 drinks paid by customers within that month. If customers buy them i.e. only 80 drinks then the 100 "missing" drinks get deducted from their salary, maybe 50B per missing drink. That's 50B * 100 = 5,000B deduction. And then there are some other requirements which we better don't talk about here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The only place in BKK that I've seen girls go with Indians was at Shock39 and the Thai girls were on the fatter/rougher side lol.

Shock39? Man, can't you afford better than rat-infested dives? Grow some class. Spasso, Mixx, Demo, ... Ain't no "fatter/rougher" babes in them places. We is talking models, sir.

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Shock39? Man, can't you afford better than rat-infested dives? Grow some class. Spasso, Mixx, Demo, ... Ain't no "fatter/rougher" babes in them places. We is talking models, sir.

I went with a friend, he liked it, I didn't. Been to Mixx, Demo, Glow, Mustache and back in day after hours clubs like Bossy, plus Cimax, Nana disco and any other dives that were still open lol.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have any numbers but I think there are still lots of farangs who live in Bangkok. Some work and make money and others have a pension to spend.

yes ,but how many of them go to bars? or stay home with the wife?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Have we learned talking by listening to rap?

Forgive me,  sir, I lifted myself up by my bootstraps to a very high level of education and income. But my past haunts me and occasionally I lapse back into the tongue of whence I came from.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just googled that name. I am shocked.

shock+39+bangkok+nightclub+hookup.jpg

I first went there in 2011 and it awful then. Last year it was even worse, rough Thai girls and kazakhs being chatted up by groups of Indians wearing disgusting shirts. The bar staff were rude and wanted a 50 baht tip for serving me, didn't get anything 55.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I first went there in 2011 and it awful then. Last year it was even worse, rough Thai girls and kazakhs being chatted up by groups of Indians wearing disgusting shirts. The bar staff were rude and wanted a 50 baht tip for serving me, didn't get anything 55.

It reminds me of the disco in Grace hotel many many years ago. I have no idea if that still exist or if they shut it down maybe a decade ago.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It reminds me of the disco in Grace hotel many many years ago. I have no idea if that still exist or if they shut it down maybe a decade ago.

Very much there late last year. Can't say recently. A ridiculous 500b. cover. Arab music, guys and gals dancing Arab style. The gals were mostly highly made-up somewhat portly Uzbeks and the occasional Thai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For months I have been thinking to a big extent its gonna be a case of "use em, or lose em".

So I will do my bit ... but only when the reports of the situation get a bit brighter. 

Im in Pattaya and the few reports I have seen about the Go Go open said "sad".

And the same high prices for take outs. Less demand usually means prices lower.

Tongue in cheek light heartedness. I know bars/girls not had it easy.

Edited by PAWNEESE
Edit
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agogos, dunno, wait and see how it pans out, i reckon 50% of bars will close, most girls have found thaifriendly and I can't see them going back to bars

That would be my guess, probably 50% of the bars have an alternate income stream :wink:

That they need to "hide" ????

• Thanks 1