How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

17 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

My father in law just told us last night, people are dying in his village from CV-19.

This is out in the boonies in Isaan, 40km from the nearest 7/11.

So to say there is no CV-19 cases?

Who in the Thai government is going around to Isaan and other rural places to check?

According to my father in law, no one.

A person has to ask themselves, if there really were zero cases, why the delay in re-opening the economy?

I suspect the gov't knows there are many cases or hasn't bothered to investigate the vast rural areas and suspects many cases.

Why the unfounded scaremongering, trying to justify your fear or what?

"Father in Law" living 40k from a 7/11, how did you find out, carrier pigeon?

I live in Isaan, would like to meet you FIL, can certainly tell a believable story ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bitterbatter said:

How much do you want to bet that it's a self-righteous spinster wife, behind a cucked husband politician, that is making a lot of these decisions?

There is no such thing as a "spinster wife." Spinster means an unmarried woman, typically an older woman beyond the usual age for marriage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In my view, things are looking bleak for the Thai nightlife industry, with very few customers in sight for what could be months to come. Even when tourists are able to return, will they have the money and will to do so? The industry has struggled for some years due to much higher and often unrealistic prices and a general turndown in attitude by bar staff of all kinds. Stickman has reported that at least one bar in Cowboy, in typical Thai-style, has actually raised prices upon re-opening. Unbelievable.

Now, this long closure could well be the final nail in its coffin. In recent times the girls have increasingly been turning to social media to meet ‘friends’, rather than spend many mind-numbing hours dancing in the bars hoping to catch someone’s eye. With bars closed, they have been forced to turn exclusively to their phones to find company, and one wonders how many will now return to the bars even when they are allowed to. Especially, as the OP says, the number of lady drinks they will receive will be way down with the resulting loss of wages.

Which one has raised prices? I'm very familiar with Soi Cowboy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

My father in law just told us last night, people are dying in his village from CV-19.

This is out in the boonies in Isaan, 40km from the nearest 7/11.

So to say there is no CV-19 cases?

Who in the Thai government is going around to Isaan and other rural places to check?

According to my father in law, no one.

A person has to ask themselves, if there really were zero cases, why the delay in re-opening the economy?

I suspect the gov't knows there are many cases or hasn't bothered to investigate the vast rural areas and suspects many cases.

So I guess your “boonie” FIL is a Doctor?

On 7/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, Orton Rd said:

Yes for farang sex tourists, adulters and losers who never seem to catch on that most of the girls actualy despise them.

You seriously think that ordinary tourists never go to them.? Or ordinary people, come to that. 

They are part of what makes Thailand different, and nobody is forced to go. 

You wil have the place as interesting as Warrington New Town. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

About the Indians (or what I think are Indians): It seems many of them like to look at girls but spend almost nothing. As far as I know that is the reason why they are not welcome in many bars. 

Same when I lived in Durban, South Africa, strip clubs would not let them in. Or ask an unrealistic entrance fee. 

• Like 1

Those customer counts remind me of weeknights back in the early and mid 90's! Fond memories indeed. Unless there is a vaccine soon and Thailand fully opens up, many if not most, of those establishments are doomed. Many other businesses too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So I've read. That's nearly a fiver for what I assume is a bottle. Jack Daniels is 195 and a 15 baht cola is 160.

It will be a 330ml bottle, that makes it more expensive than in the UK and in Tilac they keep their tops on, so no naked boobs! Dollshouse is the only go go down there with reasonable prices due to the happy hour, the girls tend to be quite friendly in there even if you don't buy them a drink, quality it ain't though lol.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 3:23 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

10 to 15k depending on the bar, plus 100 to 250 lady drinks plus 10 to 15 bar fines.

I really dont think most GoGos can afford to pay 15k now.........I think the girls would be lucky to even get 10k........Hell they might only be paying 7-8k these days.....

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I really dont think most GoGos can afford to pay 15k now.........I think the girls would be lucky to even get 10k........Hell they might only be paying 7-8k these days.....

My info was from a few years ago, 10k or less depending on the bar now for sure.

Edited by tribalfusion001

On 7/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

This is a (sorry, bad quality) panorama picture of Nana on the 1st July about 21:00.

On the first view it does not look too bad. But on second view the left and right corners are completely dark. All closed. And the 3rd floor is completely closed.

Yesterday the two "smaller" bars in the 3rd floor were open - with very few customers.

Nana20200701.thumb.jpg.057e2fe44c18a24110dc0cb77b741ff0.jpg

I was there on the 8th and all the bars on the first and second level that weren’t planning on closing or closed already before covid were open. The 2 largest bars on 3rd level will open on the 15th. Customer levels will remain low but bkk does have a lot of expats so I think the most popular bars before covid will survive as there are many expats still hiding in their closets from a pandemic that according to the government does not exist here. I talked to a Swedish expat who maybe had a drink too many and was very happy about the low customer levels because it gave him “pick of the litter” as they say lol. If that was you “ oops sorry”  ????

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what your business is or where it is in the world, right now it's all about limiting losses and generating revenue. The gogos that survive will probably cut operating hours, cut back on staff and run promotions geared towards expats. Sure many will not make it, but I believe a surprising number will.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, elliss said:

On line sex Apps , the new world norm .

No lady drink , No bar fine .  In and out in one hour , 1000 bht .

Thx Covid-19 .    Every cloud has a silver lining ..

What you describe was happening before the virus hit.  

The days of lady drinks and bar fines were coming to an end anyway.  

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, redwood1 said:

It's possible that gogo dancers may be all freelancers in the future, because the gogo bar can't afford to pay salaries.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

Care to put a percentage of survivors to the ones that die?  

I would say 20% survival rate.  80% mortality.   

My guess is 40 % survive. 

It wouldn't be a bad thing if some of the smaller ones with older bigger girls close up shop.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

Care to put a percentage of survivors to the ones that die?  

I would say 20% survival rate.  80% mortality.   

The ones that are illegal money laundering businesses will survive, and there are many.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1