BANGKOK
OneMoreFarang

How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Shock39? Man, can't you afford better than rat-infested dives? Grow some class. Spasso, Mixx, Demo, ... Ain't no "fatter/rougher" babes in them places. We is talking models, sir.

I went with a friend, he liked it, I didn't. Been to Mixx, Demo, Glow, Mustache and back in day after hours clubs like Bossy, plus Cimax, Nana disco and any other dives that were still open lol.

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

We is talking models, sir.

Have we learned talking by listening to rap?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have any numbers but I think there are still lots of farangs who live in Bangkok. Some work and make money and others have a pension to spend.

yes ,but how many of them go to bars? or stay home with the wife?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Have we learned talking by listening to rap?

Forgive me,  sir, I lifted myself up by my bootstraps to a very high level of education and income. But my past haunts me and occasionally I lapse back into the tongue of whence I came from.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just googled that name. I am shocked.

shock+39+bangkok+nightclub+hookup.jpg

I first went there in 2011 and it awful then. Last year it was even worse, rough Thai girls and kazakhs being chatted up by groups of Indians wearing disgusting shirts. The bar staff were rude and wanted a 50 baht tip for serving me, didn't get anything 55.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just googled that name. I am shocked.

shock+39+bangkok+nightclub+hookup.jpg

I wonder whether he put a bit of effort into his appearance and put his best flip flops and T-shirt on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I first went there in 2011 and it awful then. Last year it was even worse, rough Thai girls and kazakhs being chatted up by groups of Indians wearing disgusting shirts. The bar staff were rude and wanted a 50 baht tip for serving me, didn't get anything 55.

It reminds me of the disco in Grace hotel many many years ago. I have no idea if that still exist or if they shut it down maybe a decade ago.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It reminds me of the disco in Grace hotel many many years ago. I have no idea if that still exist or if they shut it down maybe a decade ago.

Very much there late last year. Can't say recently. A ridiculous 500b. cover. Arab music, guys and gals dancing Arab style. The gals were mostly highly made-up somewhat portly Uzbeks and the occasional Thai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

For months I have been thinking to a big extent its gonna be a case of "use em, or lose em".

So I will do my bit ... but only when the reports of the situation get a bit brighter. 

Im in Pattaya and the few reports I have seen about the Go Go open said "sad".

And the same high prices for take outs. Less demand usually means prices lower.

Tongue in cheek light heartedness. I know bars/girls not had it easy.

Edited by PAWNEESE
Edit
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agogos, dunno, wait and see how it pans out, i reckon 50% of bars will close, most girls have found thaifriendly and I can't see them going back to bars

That would be my guess, probably 50% of the bars have an alternate income stream :wink:

That they need to "hide" 😲

• Thanks 1