How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

On 7/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I just googled that name. I am shocked.

shock+39+bangkok+nightclub+hookup.jpg

I have been there once, terribly terribly drunk with my sister to celebrate her 21st. I remember meeting a couple from Iran and there were a lot if Indian men. 

I remember women trying to take me right in front of my (Thai) wife, but I was too drunk to respond. To be honest a very fun night, but I discovered my dear sister had an odd thing for Indian men. 

I have no idea where this place actually is, loung (uncle) took us here when we discovered the ambassador spicy on Suk Soi 11 was closed.

I do remember it being a very interesting place that I would like to return to and are how much of what I saw was real and how much of my vision was blurred by the drink. 

• Haha 1

hopefully a decent number of bars will close...

the reduced availability of jobs and bars needing X number of warm bodies

should results in culling the overnutritioned and esthetically-challenged girls

that make up an all too high percentage of the girls massaging the poles...

1 hour ago, poskat said:

hopefully a decent number of bars will close...

the reduced availability of jobs and bars needing X number of warm bodies

should results in culling the overnutritioned and esthetically-challenged girls

that make up an all too high percentage of the girls massaging the poles...

In principle I agree with you.

I spoke about this with a fried. His opinion was that it's more likely that the overnutritioned and esthetically-challenged girls will continue to work in bars. And the pretty young girls will find better options.

I hope my friend is wrong and you are right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, easton said:

My guess is 40 % survive. 

It wouldn't be a bad thing if some of the smaller ones with older bigger girls close up shop.

What's the guess that the surviving gogo's will put up their prices?

On 7/12/2020 at 9:14 PM, Ron jeremy said:

The ones that are illegal money laundering businesses will survive, and there are many.

The virus has effected illegal operations as well, both in Thailand, and worldwide.  Sure, there will still be money to be cleaned, but perhaps not in the amounts as before.  

I watched a video today from Walking Street last night, mostly girls and very few foreign men. Not sure how much longer these bars can continue paying staff with so few customers. The freelancer bars/clubs rely on the men spending money as the girls just nurse their drinks all night waiting for a guy to buy them more.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:08 PM, Yankeesvsredsox said:

I think I seen this on Tuckers program. It sure does make one wonder who's spin is more accurate. I agree with you waiting for the cure is devastating countries economies,civil liberties and one's ability to work!

Getting back to Go GO , I miss it very much

That chart is a measure of what portion of people who actually get CV end up dying from it. So if just two people in a country contract CV and one of them dies from it, that's a 50% CFR.

It says NOTHING about the extent to which people are contracting and dying from CV anywhere in the world. Those kinds of measure are total fatalities from CV, or, even more telling, total fatalities from CV per 100,000 or 1 million population.

The UK is No. 2 on the following per capita CV deaths list by country. The U.S. is No. 9 in the world, neither being a ranking that anyone would want (ranked by deaths per million population):

Screenshot_1.jpg.dc6a1734752a3b1bb64842a635bf1847.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

I believe I read yesterday that the U.S. now is once again back above 1,000 CV deaths per day in the past week.

From Johns Hopkins CV report of July 24:

On July 22, the CDC reported more than 1,000 deaths for the first time since early June, and it has now exceeded that threshold for the second consecutive day. The US could potentially surpass 150,000 deaths by the end of next week

Additionally, both of the last 2 updates exceeded the daily incidence for the corresponding day from the previous week by more than 2,000 cases. The 7-day average daily incidence is 66,920 cases, the country’s highest to date, indicating that daily incidence continues to increase, even if it is potentially beginning to level off.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

12 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I have a friend who works on soi 4 alot of the girls are having a hard time making enough money for transport to soi4. They just stop going to the bar

Doesn't surprise me. I have friend who was/is managing a sports bar in BKK, it hasn't reopened after lockdown and he is now picking up some teaching work.

I know some go go bars have reopened in Cowboy, not sure how much trade they are getting, looked 50% open in a few videos. I would check myself but I'm 9600km away lol.

Edited by tribalfusion001

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I watched a video today from Walking Street last night, mostly girls and very few foreign men. Not sure how much longer these bars can continue paying staff with so few customers. The freelancer bars/clubs rely on the men spending money as the girls just nurse their drinks all night waiting for a guy to buy them more.

A lot of the girls in bars now have sponsors, and working freelance.  They will soon realise the higher cost of living for them in Pattaya, with no customers, is not worth them being here, and they will leave the bar.

Some may try working off the apps, some will just go back to their family.      

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I have a friend who works on soi 4 alot of the girls are having a hard time making enough money for transport to soi4. They just stop going to the bar

Never  the busiest of Soi’s at the best of times 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

I know some go go bars have reopened in Cowboy, not sure how much trade they are getting, looked 50% open in a few videos. I would check myself but I'm 9600km away lol.

The little existing business is mostly outside. Some bars are only open outside.

And in Soi C no-dancing rules are enforced at least sometimes in some bars. In other areas dancing seems to be "allowed".

• 2 weeks later...

50-60% of bars were open and running as normal this week in Cowboy (so a friend tells me????).

It was actually quite nice, although the busy fronts/outside masked the truth that lie inside.

Beers at 90-100B but lady drinks at 190B.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

50-60% of bars were open and running as normal this week in Cowboy (so a friend tells me????).

It was actually quite nice, although the busy fronts/outside masked the truth that lie inside.

Beers at 90-100B but lady drinks at 190B.

Open with, best case, half the business from before.

Some of the people who run the bars own the buildings. They will survive. But those who have to pay high rents...

But prices are very different in the Soi. Someone told me the place with the glass floor charges 240B per lady drink. Ouch!

• Like 1