BANGKOK
OneMoreFarang

How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

That would be my guess, probably 50% of the bars have an alternate income stream :wink:

That they need to "hide" 😲

Yes, perhaps the ones who survive have that, nudge nudge wink wink

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

True, most have a TF profile. But the rap on TF I hear from the gals is that it's hugely hit and miss, mostly miss. Guys dialing in just to chat, many not even in LOS, asking for pics and freebies and making a date and standing the gal up.

I know at least a couple of attractive gals who've given up on TF and are back working in a bar now that the lockdown's lifted. Keep in mind that in a bar even if you don't get, ahem, taken out, at least you tend to make a decent amount in drinks and tips. And you have a good time with your buddies in the process which is very important to Thai lasses, who tend to suffocate without company.

Using just TF is a lonely business for them so i can see them drifting back to bars and gogos, ideal is part time for them. Girls do ask almost immediately if in Pattaya, which rules out the time wasters straight away

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

True, most have a TF profile. But the rap on TF I hear from the gals is that it's hugely hit and miss, mostly miss. Guys dialing in just to chat, many not even in LOS, asking for pics and freebies and making a date and standing the gal up.

I know at least a couple of attractive gals who've given up on TF and are back working in a bar now that the lockdown's lifted. Keep in mind that in a bar even if you don't get, ahem, taken out, at least you tend to make a decent amount in drinks and tips. And you have a good time with your buddies in the process which is very important to Thai lasses, who tend to suffocate without company.

I've replied to guys before from the girls TF account, normally the guys who are annoying to the girl, I put lovely replies back to sleaze bags 555. I've been in bed with a few on them when a guy does a video chat and I'm right next to the girl (obviously not in view). Some sad sap somewhere telling the girl how much he likes her pmsl.

TF is hit and miss as it's a dating site, not all the guys on there are looking for hookers. I use it for both dating and freelancers.

Many of the bargirls would have found other sources of income in the last few months 

Lots of the girls were also coming to the end of their bargirl careers .

Will the girls be going back to work in bars ? 

The girls entering the trade will be doing it online , why sit all night in a bar when you can go elsewhere and just wait for your phone to ring ?

This could be the end of the bar scene due to lack of females .

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

A lacklustre bar scene with no international tourists is not conducive to a vibrant environment that encourages patrons to visit.

Sounds excellent and official enough to include in a memo the the chief of TAT to Prayut.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Many of the bargirls would have found other sources of income in the last few months 

Lots of the girls were also coming to the end of their bargirl careers .

Will the girls be going back to work in bars ? 

The girls entering the trade will be doing it online , why sit all night in a bar when you can go elsewhere and just wait for your phone to ring ?

This could be the end of the bar scene due to lack of females .

All is temporary . For now , you are right . As soon as foreign tourists come in , and they are willing to spend some money in bars and on girls , then the girls will rush back . It's easy money , which they cannot make otherwise . All it takes are tourists , no tourists , bar scene is dead ... since they cater for tourists and not for Thais .

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you missed it: Not a single recorded local Covid-19 infection for over a month. Who is going to infect whom? Covid-19 is probably the smallest risk in Thailand at the moment.

My father in law just told us last night, people are dying in his village from CV-19.

This is out in the boonies in Isaan, 40km from the nearest 7/11.

So to say there is no CV-19 cases?

Who in the Thai government is going around to Isaan and other rural places to check?

According to my father in law, no one.

A person has to ask themselves, if there really were zero cases, why the delay in re-opening the economy?

I suspect the gov't knows there are many cases or hasn't bothered to investigate the vast rural areas and suspects many cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's their house as well so I don't think it will go under.  These places are a just a house with whores in the front.

The business will remain dead until it picks up again.  I don't they can loose the property. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Living 40km from a 7/11 many Thai's will die

There are rural villages in Isaan, that even 7/11 is a luxury they can't afford.

• Haha 1