Reports of papaya tea helping detox colon is 'fake news'

webfact

Reports of papaya tea helping detox colon is 'fake news'

By THE NATION

800_77ecf5b54120543.jpg?v=1594191249

(Representational image)

The Digital Economy and Society Ministry has warned people against believing or sharing news and internet posts that claimed drinking papaya tea will have the same benefit as colon detoxification.

“The ministry’s Anti-Fake News Centre contacted the National Cancer Institute and the Food and Drug Association [FDA] to verify this information and was told it was false,” the ministry said.

“The FDA said that there was no evidence that drinking tea made from raw papaya will help eliminate fat or toxic substances from the body the same way a patient would benefit from a colon detoxification process, also known as 'colon detox'.

“Besides, there is also no evidence of benefits from using other liquids such as honey, tea, liquor, soap water or coffee, except water, in the colon detox process,” it added.

For further information, contact the FDA hotline at 1156 or visit www.fda.moph.go.th. To report any fake news, contact the website www.antifakenewscenter.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390953

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-08

• Haha 1

I don't believe anything the "anti-fake news centre" tells me, as they are themselves purveyors of fake news.

That being said, I certainly don't believe everything I read online as there are charlatans in both the mainstream and alternative spheres. I do my due diligence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

known as 'colon detox'.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

soap water

What a load of sh*te ..

Soap water .! I've heard of the pipe up yer 'arris for that one but are they saying people drink it as well .!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Certainly when I was "accidentally" given some of Madam's "only for Thai's" somtam there was a definite "clearing" initiated.

That was the liver flukes working their way into your bile ducts...

• Like 1

There is no such thing as detoxing a colon, so that's fake as well. There is only excrement in there and laxitives, softeners or enemas to get it out if needed. Your colon is not full of health threatening 'toxins' that need washing away. Mrs just bought a box of 'detox' powder at 700 baht for 10, you can get the same stuff for 199, only that does not come in a pink box with detox on it!

Edited by Orton Rd

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

After a short chat to my colon we both agreed that the only cleanout required is a bunch of dubiously elected generals that are currently clogging things up???? 

I thought they were usually in the scrotal area - that's where most of the talking b*ll*cks comes from.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Certainly when I was "accidentally" given some of Madam's "only for Thai's" somtam there was a definite "clearing" initiated.

That be the chilli ???? 

22 hours ago, Oxx said:

Given that "detoxification" is pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo, the claims for both the colon detoxification and the papaya tea are both equally without evidence.

Whilst "detox" has become very fashionable amongst some scientific illiterates, nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, has ever credibly defined what the alleged toxins are, far less proving scientific evidence that the procedures remove such toxins from the body.

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that the FDA, which one would hope would be science-based, can make such an ill-informed statement.

Maybe read it  again? The wording is quite misleading but the intention was to say that plain water is the only thing they would consider for "rinsing" the colon .

On 7/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, Oxx said:

Given that "detoxification" is pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo, the claims for both the colon detoxification and the papaya tea are both equally without evidence.

Whilst "detox" has become very fashionable amongst some scientific illiterates, nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, has ever credibly defined what the alleged toxins are, far less proving scientific evidence that the procedures remove such toxins from the body.

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that the FDA, which one would hope would be science-based, can make such an ill-informed statement.

Nonsense. Detoxification is a real thing. Only a "skeptic" who is a gatekeeper of truth, would make a sweeping generalization like that. Even the mainstream has detox protocols, though they tend to be rather dangerous - such as the use of DMSA to flush out toxins in case of suspected mercury poisoning. The beneficial minerals are also flushed out along with the mercury and that can cause serious side effects or even death.

And no need to be "shocked" about the FDA. They only do what those that pay them, tell them to. Nothing scientific about that.

There is a lot of nonsense both in the mainstream and alternative area of medicine. You really have to do your due diligence.

Here's one example. A fake clinic (looks like some kind of scam run by German speakers based in the Czech Republic) claiming they are the world's most successful alternative clinic, but no one has ever heard of them.

https://www.viribus-klinik.com