Sean resurfaces after two weeks to explain how donations were used

snoop1130

Sean resurfaces after two weeks to explain how donations were used

By The Nation

800_5b29b89946d3ac5.jpg

Embattled social media influencer Sean Buranahiran, who has been under fire over the use of donations to put out forest fires, re-emerged after disappearing for two weeks to give an account of how he had used the money.

In a video posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday (July 7), the famous life coach apologised for not clarifying earlier the details of the firefighters fund.

Sean has been under scrutiny after activist Srisuwan Janya accused Sean of using the Bt870,741.50 raised by Sean for the Covid-19 pandemic, not the Chiang Mai wildfires, which were the stated purpose of the fund-raising. He also alleged that more than Bt250,000 of the raised funds had been spent on public relations activities.

Sean said Bt991,541.36 of the total Bt1,338,644.01 raised through donations from March 30 to April 30, had been spent and asked the central organisation to inspect the statement and bills.

Sean also provided the evidence to Chiang Mai officials to prove that he had not used the money for his personal benefit. There were 5,974 transactions and 167 statements while Bt3,501.95 were transferred to his personal account, and between May 1 and June 28, Bt4,189.92 were added from 50 transactions.

He promised to further report the situation after all the money was sent to the targeted organisations and the aim of the donation was fulfilled.

He came in for heavy criticism last month over lack of transparency in the use of the donations after some firefighters claimed they had not received any money from him.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390951

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-08

• Sad 1

If he has got about a million from people then I want him to coach me!

In fact, I can do it myself.

Please forward all donations to my Paypal account so I can raise money for the motorbike I can’t afford.

Thanks to all.

Life Coach ????

• Haha 1

I have never heard of this influencer and would have preferred to keep it this way.

Just looking at the title bait, I thought it was about Sean Penn, Sean Hannity or another somewhat interesting Sean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just reading the bit..... Life coach !!!! Is more than enough to cast doubt on his statements, life coach, hes only just started to shave.:cheesy:

Yeah, no Sh*T! Life coach my A**!

Edited by Dap
  • Haha 1