DCD says first wave of COVID-19 pandemic in Thailand has ended

snoop1130

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Does anybody have some sewage from Wuhan stored, vintage, say, Sep-Nov 2019? 

Reckon (Kill) Bill Gates will be able to help you out with that request :wink:

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Lots of expats around my way and self had a really bad flu that lasted a couple of weeks in dec' last year. To put it nicely it was the most productive flu I've ever had

Hand towel instead of hankie and coughing up a very large amount of phlemm.

Fits your theory or maybe co-incidence.

It's an interesting idea.

I have to agree as well.  Last week in December and the first 2 weeks of January, heavy chest cold, fever, and felt like i was going to die.  GF and daughter were also sick as well, it just so happened to coincide with occurring after a day spent at the Aquarium at Siam Paragon which was stuffed full of Chinese visitors, as well as eating in the food court. 5 days later we were all down.  I had to sleep in my recliner at an angle with my head elevated in order to even sleep.  Lots of medication, Z-packs and cough medicine as well as using an albuterol inhaler given to me by the pharmacist.  Well before Covid was even on the screen. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Is this the 1st wave that is similar to opening up a packet of Lays and finding hardly any crisps or taking off a Thai girls bra to find it's mostly stuffing and push up lol.

58 dead and 3200 ish infections and a -8.1 drop in GDP.

And what appears to be a continually extended "State of Emergency"!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, asiacurious said:

In BKK, lots of people have been taking masks off in malls after getting their temperature check done.  Not good.

It could just as easily have been 580 dead, 32,000 infected.  Or 5,800 dead, 320,000 infected.  Or more.  With the same, or worse, drop in GDP.

Or, put another way...  In the US, there were big outbreak in NYC, Pacific NW, CA....  NYC shut the city down a bit too late but they finally managed to get it under control.  Pacific NW and CA too.  But now it's roaring back in CA because they relaxed too soon.  And in other parts of they US it was all fake news and a plot to sabotage the president.  Now they've got...

image.png.263c096f58c86f575c98aff44ffb1a50.png

image.png.a0a45a7f18563f94e41b5fe5a3d4f5ba.png 

"a plot to sabotage the president."

Did Mr Trump not say that he had everything under control a few months ago?:-

(Donald Trump Mar 10 2020) "This was unexpected. … And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” (Sounds like something that Thailand's Minister of Public Health Anutin would say - and get away with!)

Along with countless other statements that suited his agenda at the time! (Too many to list here, but I could list a few if required?)o reporters at the U.S. Capitol

“This was unexpected. … And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

Trump, to reporters at the U.S. Capitol

“This was unexpected. … And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mrfill said:

They all codswallop too? That's 5 neighbouring countries with very low figures. Can you see a pattern?

Yes, there's definitely a pattern there and it stretches back way into last year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyFax said:

Too bad -- would have helped with your ongoing theory.

You might be on to something. Many in Thailand have septic tanks, not connected to any municipal network. Sampling those might reveal interesting stuff - expecially if the tenants haven't been there since late 2019. Would be quite easy to do random checks I think.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 2:22 PM, steven100 said:

oh great   !   now what about the 2nd and 3rd wave ... are we good to go  !

thanks chief .....

Exactly, this is one my complete hates at the moment, will everything stay closed forever, countries and lives ruined as we approach Wave 98 in two years???? Pathetic. GET THE HELL ON WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!! 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have to agree as well.  Last week in December and the first 2 weeks of January, heavy chest cold, fever, and felt like i was going to die.  GF and daughter were also sick as well, it just so happened to coincide with occurring after a day spent at the Aquarium at Siam Paragon which was stuffed full of Chinese visitors, as well as eating in the food court. 5 days later we were all down.  I had to sleep in my recliner at an angle with my head elevated in order to even sleep.  Lots of medication, Z-packs and cough medicine as well as using an albuterol inhaler given to me by the pharmacist.  Well before Covid was even on the screen. 

really sorry to hear you were sick, i hope it wasn't covid. Are you fully recovered and did you get a blood test.

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No blood test available after the fact here in Thailand. Recovery was about 5 weeks in total, and by February I could run again. However, I do have some deep lung issues I did not have before.  Thought it was probably due to allergies I never have had before here in Bangkok.  Normally I run 40 M a week, just now have gotten back up to 6km 5 days a week.  Been over 5 months.  Clinic said it was just bronchitis and gave me some meds, Pharmacist gave me the Z-pack and cough medicine and the inhaler I used.

I was in the U.S. in the Midwest before coming here. In early January, I got the worst respiratory infection of my life by far. Coughing up more <deleted> than I thought someone could do while still being alive. Went to the MD and got dx w pneumonia for first time in my life. Took me four or five weeks to get totally over it with a lot of meds and inhalers. I suspect it was a version of this thing.

• Like 1