Has the Covid Pandamic Taught You Anything?

bwpage3

Curious to know how many people actually learned anything from going through the Covid pandemic?

Even though this is an extremely rare event, there is nothing stopping these kinds of events or worse from happening in the future.

As soon as they opened the businesses here in Florida, over 200,000 new cases in less than a week. That tells me the decision makers have no clue either.

Have you made a plan? Have you figured out if you need a plan? 

Not just a virus, other worldly events put in place by the gov't or other outside forces that may or may not precipitate a move.

For all those families that are separated. Did it ever occur to you, if you have the means and ability, to get your Thai wife and family legalized in your own country before an emergency happens?

Trying to get a VISA for your family during the height of a pandemic is not going to be an easy task.

Do you have enough money squirreled away if for some wild reason you did have to leave?

This pandemic is causing a crisis across the globe that no one predicted.

Do you want to take a chance being unprepared on something even worse happening in the future?

If you are working in Thailand and lose your job long term and have no income?

This pandemic should be a gigantic wake up call as to the fact that one event such as Covid 19 can drastically change your way and life and even ruin many families.

Anyone thinking they need to do things a little different, or just blowing it off as usual?

Sooner or later the full financial crush of this virus is going to hit Thailand. Thai Airways Bankrupt. Today's paper saying Air Asia might go belly up. Companies moving out of Thailand.'

It is all pointing to one thing and that is bad news ahead.

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No not really same as any pass world flu's or diseases. 

Covid is simply one example of an event that has upset the balance of the entire world.

No one saw it coming. No one ever predicted it could happen.

There could be many more events in the future even worse.

Things can still get much worse such as a collapse of the Thai economy like in 97

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I've added another sword to my collection, ready for when the new vaccine turns everyone into zombies.

(I am Legend)

Interesting comment, as I read there were 3.9 million new gun applications in June in the USA

Protecting one-self should be a fore-thought.

Can you image the Thai economy crashing and retiree's being the only ones with money?

Of course the banks would all be closed so you couldn't access your deposits.

But if you did have money I can see foreigners immediately being a target

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Things can still get much worse such as a collapse of the Thai economy like in 97

And the world developed countries too, Thailand could survive worse things than most it could stop developing. 

27 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The self sufficiency farming model in Thailand may not be pretty, or assist on the road to recovery, but will surely ease the burden for many - long may it remain

Agree the farmers in the rural areas are less susceptible and have managed to survive for years on little to nothing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Yes, most definitely two things.

Noi at that bar on New Plaza is worth every penny/baht that she gets, and ignore hysterical Americans who wish they'd never left Thailand.

Really?

2 things?

1. I don't count bar girls as anything short of a person admitting that they have to pay for company.

2. Hysterical understanding 130,000 people, which is the highest reported count in the world, have died from CV is not being hysterical, it is being realistic.

• Haha 2

Nothing much of any interest, loads of weirdos about who are scared of walking past people, the pubs are now sterile and boring, same applies to football.

I have learned how to bunny hop properly after 38 years????, YouTube videos are good for how to.

I've seen lots of places that I would like to go to, but cannot????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've added another sword to my collection, ready for when the new vaccine turns everyone into zombies.

(I am Legend)

Wow , another Virus veteran .

I thought i was the only one to survive , this pandemic panic ..

Are you a Kindler , who never goes outside ?. 

The new World norm , we will survive , we have the faith .

Keep in touch ...

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Covid is simply one example of an event that has upset the balance of the entire world.

No one saw it coming. No one ever predicted it could happen.

There could be many more events in the future even worse.

Really? You must have missed the last 20 years of warnings over it, including those from Bill Gates, complaining how unprepared we are for inevitable pandemic. Nobody said it will happen on an exact date or how it'll be called but at least in scientific circles it was clear one (or rather many more than just one) are coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1. I'm 64, why else would a woman in her 20s spend time with me?

2. 550,000 dead, 8 Billion left ......... I won't start worrying until 1 Billion are dead.

It's not the death toll that's concerning. It's the number of younger people who are having severe illness and requiring months of rehabilitation.

• Like 1