Has the Covid Pandamic Taught You Anything?

bwpage3

On 7/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, cmarshall said:

Covid has taught me the superior competence compared to Western governments of mostly Asian governments such as S. Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, but also New Zealand and some others.  It has confirmed my view that the US government is among the most corrupt, and therefore incompetent, in the world.

Wait till the second wave starts.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:58 AM, bwpage3 said:

Covid is simply one example of an event that has upset the balance of the entire world.

No one saw it coming. No one ever predicted it could happen.

There could be many more events in the future even worse.

Things can still get much worse such as a collapse of the Thai economy like in 97

Whoa.

Many people saw this coming. We were warned many times.  No one in a position of power listened. President Obama specifically warned that we had to prepare.  The WHO warned.

Scientific counsels provided warnings and recommended preparations. They all gave timelines and they were right.

We are now being warned about new swine related infections originating in China. Not one government wants to  respond because they are afraid of China and the impact on the economy.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On 7/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Onrai said:

The current death rate in the USA is about 4% (137,000 deaths/3, 370,000 reported case). Death rate from measles is .2%. Given the current statistics you are 20 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than measles. In my opinion those are not great odds.

I wasn't comparing the death rate. I was saying that I was deliberately infected with it so I developed immunity.

4 minutes ago, Onrai said:

4 minutes ago, Onrai said:

And I was making the point that your parents might have thought twice about deliberately infecting you with measles if they knew your risk of dying was 20 times greater. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:39 AM, bwpage3 said:

Curious to know how many people actually learned anything from going through the Covid pandemic?

Strangely enough it came more as a confirmation for my wife & I that we did the right thing leaving Thailand in 2016

Although we left more so because of the Coup & the direction we felt Thailand was moving in we ended up

in a better situation back here.

We had always lived debt free & tried to be self sufficient but in Thailand after 5+ years we became much less self sufficient

as things were normally available at street level. So we fell into that style + living under a weird controlled & crowded enviorment

was not exactly healthy.

Moving back to our rural mountain home we had gone back to healthier foods, clean air, water & exercise + back to being self sufficient

with a large garden/greenhouse etc.

We also stock a lot of food & supplies as we live a good distance from town at altitude.

When Covid hit although this area for the most part has not been affected (no deaths & very few cases all recovered now)

But even here after the first wave started in the world stores started to get a bit sparse as folks panic bought

but it did not affect us as we always had 2-3 months of food/water/propane/ medical supplies such as antibiotics etc anyway.

So while we did not learn anything new from Covid it sure drove home the fact that our simple lifestyle was well suited.

We also were glad that our health was much better living here as we felt it made us less likely to be a victim from something like this.

Yes..***We realize even healthy monkeys fall from trees but figure it is not as often as sickly out of shape ones ????***

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Really? He wasn't president when it originated, so how did he know Corona was coming? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Did you listen to what he was saying? His comments were during the Ebola epidemic. His leadership and integrity helped the world contain that crisis. 

In a speech on December 2, 2014 in Bethesda, Maryland, president Obama urged Congress to set aside partisan differences and pass funding to combat pandemics in the future.

There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly, and in order for us to deal with that effectively we have to put in place an infrastructure, not just here at home but globally, that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”

Nearly a month earlier, on November 5, 2014, Obama asked lawmakers for $6.18 billion in emergency funds to enhance the government’s ability to respond to an outbreak of Ebola, which was an urgent situation at the time.  Obama’s request included $4.64 billion for immediate response and $1.54 billion as a contingency fund to ensure that there are resources available to meet the evolving nature of the epidemic. The republican Congress  denied the funding and said there was no risk of a pandemic.  Trump gutted the pandemic preparedness unit when trump took office.

Trump has bungled  this crisis and he was warned it was going to occur.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Did you listen to what he was saying? His comments were during the Ebola epidemic. His leadership and integrity helped the world contain that crisis. 

In a speech on December 2, 2014 in Bethesda, Maryland, president Obama urged Congress to set aside partisan differences and pass funding to combat pandemics in the future.

There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly, and in order for us to deal with that effectively we have to put in place an infrastructure, not just here at home but globally, that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”

Nearly a month earlier, on November 5, 2014, Obama asked lawmakers for $6.18 billion in emergency funds to enhance the government’s ability to respond to an outbreak of Ebola, which was an urgent situation at the time.  Obama’s request included $4.64 billion for immediate response and $1.54 billion as a contingency fund to ensure that there are resources available to meet the evolving nature of the epidemic. The republican Congress  denied the funding and said there was no risk of a pandemic.  Trump gutted the pandemic preparedness unit when trump took office.

Trump has bungled  this crisis and he was warned it was going to occur.

Looks like someone has been watching to much CNN, and you got you facts all wrong.

A post using a video from an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.