Has the Covid Pandamic Taught You Anything?

bwpage3

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Covid is simply one example of an event that has upset the balance of the entire world.

No one saw it coming. No one ever predicted it could happen.

There could be many more events in the future even worse.

Things can still get much worse such as a collapse of the Thai economy like in 97

No one saw it coming correct , since a virus always hits unexpected . But it was always known that it would happen 1 day . That politicians don't have a plan for that , well politicians are not scientists , something like that is never on the agenda . But it was always known ...

Same like it is always known that huge disasters will happen 1 day , might be today , might be in 100 y might be in 10.000y but it will happen .

27 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I licked a window at a bar in BKK, Brew37 was in early March and I licked a hand rail on the central line in May, didn't get covid-19 555.

Have you been tested ? So how do you know that you didn't get it , and spread it ? Most people who do get it have no symptoms , they are only spreaders of this disease .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raphus said:

It had taught me not to panic. I left Thailand and wish I had stayed. Also taught me how to plan for the future and stash away cash and not be reliant during these times on banks, as they have reigned in their products also.

Finally it has taught me that Governments are so large and complex, that they have lost the sight of decision making and accountability. Nobody wants to stand up and make a decision. Nobody wants to ruin their ratings. Nobody has big hairy balls between their legs.

The world is run by idiots.

Appreciate your comments.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

It has taught me one critical point: 

If I continue to live in Thailand and something similar happens again, Thailand will lock out its citizens and the families of its citizens (i.e. lockdown with further waves or viruses, or lockdown due to civil unrest)

On the other hand, if my Wife (Thai) were to live with me in the UK, in the same situation she would be afforded equal rights to return to her UK home and family. 

[thats my ’subjective view’ :passifier: ]

It has also taught me that things can go sideways very quickly - I went to work for 4 weeks in Feb. A few months later I’m without a Job and without my Family !!!! (I’m confident I’ll get back to my family at some point and work will pick back up again as soon as things open up).

It has also taught be that there is a huge amount of misunderstanding and misinformation, and that governments made their decisions not based on what’s best for a nation but based on what makes them least subject to open criticism (that should never have surprised me !)

Appreciate your comments. Not to many people seem to take this serious, but those are probably the ones that have trapped themselves so deep, they have no choices left.

Nothing worse than missing and being separated from your family for the good family folks here.

I always worried about that. First thing when I moved back to the USA, I made sure my wife got her US Citizenship. She has permanent choices now and long into her future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Really? You must have missed the last 20 years of warnings over it, including those from Bill Gates, complaining how unprepared we are for inevitable pandemic. Nobody said it will happen on an exact date or how it'll be called but at least in scientific circles it was clear one (or rather many more than just one) are coming.

Aliens are coming, just not sure the date.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Aliens are coming, just not sure the date.

Yeah.. probably when the borders open. 

Just when everything  gets back to normal, then you look up in the sky and we are getting invaded by f..in aliens... I mean how unlucky can that be.. 

And you've just done a 2 week quarantine ????

Edited by Davo369
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I don't know anyone who has had it and one person in the local pub did know someone, the guy had terminal cancer but put down as covid-19. It's mainly BS and there is tiny amount in my county, cases dropping day by day, and those are mainly in care homes.

Do something different and stop reading the cr*p about covid-19.

I know a few who did get it , including 4 far familymembers who died from it ( within 3weeks of eachother ) .

It's taught me that the only person that I can rely on in time of crisis is myself - the so-called experts are (in many cases) either clueless or political shills.  I'd rather be in control of my own destiny as much as possible.  That means trying to ensure that the most basic of needs (food) are accessible.  I'm going to start growing fresh and healthy fruit/veg in my little garden here in north Laos.  My source of income (online science teaching) is fairly assured, unless there is a major global crisis and the internet/banking systems close down.  I don't believe that this Wuhan flu crisis is over, and I strongly believe that further health or political crises will occur.

• Like 2