Cost of quarantine

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Cheapest ASQ is 28,500 baht (15 nights, including all food, tests etc) - 1900 per night

That list seems to be already outdated.

The same hotel now lists 30,000 THB as the cheapest option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

because the same question has been asked a thousand times this forum has a search facility use it 

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years. I can think of no good reason why we can’t quarantine at home, except.....

the Junta want our ???? ???? ???? ????!

• Thanks 1

I would be happy to pay 32000 Bt for the quarantine, but being forced to pay so much for the virus insurance to a company that is picked by this Thai government is a big No No and this 72 hours thingmy as well.

59 minutes ago, stouricks said:
2 hours ago, Olmate said:

U know it’s no,why don,t you tell us!????????

I, like Binger, had no idea whether it was allowed or not. And still no definite answer.

Currently, *everyone [Thai’s and Westerners] entering Thailand has to Quarantine at a State Quarantine or Alternative State Quarantine hotel.

*There are very few exceptions, such as Ministers etc those with ‘special’ approval. 

Those entering at the border go into a Local State Quarantine facility (LSQ)

In short, under the existing regulations, regular folk cannot quarantine at home 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, robbioff said:

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years. I can think of no good reason why we can’t quarantine at home, except.....

the Junta want our ????????????????!

It was an option  the begining of March and you know what , people just carried on life as normal  going to bars, restaurants meeting people no masks , no social distancing hence no more home quarantine as an option

4 hours ago, Binger said:

Hi if you live here can you quarantine in your own house ?

The Thai government will never do anything in the favour of Farangs. Apart from the UK, has any other country allowed this?

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

I, like Binger, had no idea whether it was allowed or not. And still no definite answer.

I think the fact that we are in Thailand will tell you Mr Stouricks.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

It was an option  the begining of March and you know what , people just carried on life as normal  going to bars, restaurants meeting people no masks , no social distancing hence no more home quarantine as an option

If the government was to jail you or fine you heavily, I would not take the chance and break the quarantine, and I am not one for automatically obeying rules I don't like if I think I will get away with it.

On the other hand, I would break the law of having that virus insurance, if I could find a way round it.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If the government was to jail you or fine you heavily, I would not take the chance and break the quarantine, and I am not one for automatically obeying rules I don't like if I think I will get away with it.

On the other hand, I would break the law of having that virus insurance, if I could find a way round it.

if no-one drinks and drives there would be no requirement to have drink and driving laws but everyone knows there will always people that will take a risk, the problem with covid 19 if they break quarantine and passes the virus onto some else and they die there attitude is sorry that's life I needed a beer and you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time not my problem guv

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:
21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

if no-one drinks and drives there would be no requirement to have drink and driving laws but everyone knows there will always people that will take a risk, the problem with covid 19 if they break quarantine and passes the virus onto some else and they die there attitude is sorry that's life I needed a beer and you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time not my problem guv

Your analogy is flawed: If you are comparing drink driving, then the equivalent policy to State Quarantine would be to put everyone who would otherwise be a driver, on a bus instead and ban cars.

Drink driving laws and Quarantine laws are effectively the same - they’re only as effective as the enforcement. 

Someone wrote earlier: Quarantine is the easier option for the Government to use as its easier to police. 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your analogy is flawed: If you are comparing drink driving, then the equivalent policy to State Quarantine would be to put everyone who would otherwise be a driver, on a bus instead and ban cars.

Drink driving laws and Quarantine laws are effectively the same - they’re only as effective as the enforcement. 

Someone wrote earlier: Quarantine is the easier option for the Government to use as its easier to police. 

ASQ is enforced as it is a must have booked and payed for inclusion in the permission to enter granted prior to departure. Same as your insurance and medical !

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The short answer is, there are always people who will break any law, there is no law, drunk driving, etc, etc, that will be 100% effective, and no one will ever break.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:37 PM, Upnotover said:

Mövenpick BDMS Wellness Resort Bangkok is a 5-star ASQ hotel, located 350 metres from Ploenchit BTS Station and Central Embassy in the city center of Bangkok.

The Grand Richmond Hotel is a quarantine hotel on Rattanathibet Road in Nonthaburi, is located just few kilometres north of Thailand’s capital city Bangkok. The hotel combines stylish and chic accommodation with facilities such as an indoor swimming pool. 

Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel is offering the most luxurious quarantine with a touch of Thai luxury in the city. Rooms feature elegant touches of Thai culture, offering décor made of teak and Thai silk. The hotel is just a minute’s walk from Ratchadamri Skytrain Station and 10-minute walk from Central World Plaza and Lumpini Park. The hotel provides 9 restaurants and lounges including Italian cuisine and Japanese creations. 

Grande Centre Point Sukhumvit 55 is an ASQ hotel conveniently located in a luxurious area of Bangkok. Thong Lo BTS Skytrain Station is just 5-minute walk with several shopping malls, such as The Emporium and The EmQuartier nearby.

I don't really get it...  Quarantine means that you have to stay inside your room or not? 

Why do they talk about facilities like an indoor swimmingpool, the Skytrain station a minute walk away and shopping malls a 5 minute walk away?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

I don't really get it...  Quarantine means that you have to stay inside your room or not? 

Why do they talk about facilities like an indoor swimmingpool, the Skytrain station a minute walk away and shopping malls a 5 minute walk away?

No one checked the Marketing Spiel of a halfwitted spangletwat before posting it to a ‘Quarantine add’ !!!!! 

On 7/9/2020 at 4:54 AM, possum1931 said:

Well now that you mentioned the virus insurance maybe you could let us know how much is it?