What will happen to foreigners with expired visas after July 31?

webfact

1 hour ago, AndrewMciver said:

I want to immigrate to Canada, and start my law work there. But i have to jump through gallons of immigration loop holes to get there.

Families in India want to immigrate to the west because they believe in a better life.

' I WANT' doesn't work when it comes to immigration. 

Well it does, because if I didnt want to stay in Thailand, I would have gone back to my own Country back in March 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, CH1961 said:

With 400k at a Thai bank, legal married, no criminal history you dont need to leave your loved one/should have a valid extension of permission if stay. 

44 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

You've had nearly 6 months to get back ! 

You are telling me there wasn't one flight from February to July that you couldn't get on? You have deliberately done nothing, left it all last minute and invoke chaos, in the hope the chaos and pity sob story will provoke Thai authorities into letting you stay. 

No sympathies at all. 

What are you on ? So now its 6 months and you are talking about invoking chaos? The only

chaos would be if Thailand was full of

expats with your attitude I think.  Your world seems to be either black or white Andrew.  It reminds me of the mind of a child. 

No normal people that has the option to travel the world because they have the funds to do so, or are working in other warm countries and can’t get back to their <deleted>hole European country, would even think about waiting a possible departure out on any airport in Thailand. 
Is that so freakin hard to understand. Sleeping on the floor for a week or two paying 4 times the price to get home or stuck another place.   

If you would put yourself in that situation to go to a <deleted>hole state in Europe compared to what the relaxed and good thailand is, I would have to consider you dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Well it does, because if I didnt want to stay in Thailand, I would have gone back to my own Country back in March 

What's the plan for post July 31 if amnesty is not extended. 

I am seeing patterns since the very first day of the BS corona virus was announced. Get real people, it was introduced globally into people's life. Man made virus, the globalists are very <deleted> and I love that. Sorry if it is not the conspiracy forum, but people get real, look at the big picture.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

It will be extended.  Your head as a farang will always be counted in thb from the authorities. If they can’t have other tourists they will for sure have these tourists.  

Most likely. 

But please save us the sob stories how you can't go back to your country. You can. But you choose to stay by exploting the rules during the virus. 

Edited by AndrewMciver
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Most likely. 

But please save us the sob stories how you can't go back to your country. You can. But you choose to stay by exploting the rules during the virus. 

The rules state that we can stay until July 31 st , 

YOU have been telling us to go back home, the Thai Government hasnt told us that  

• Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

YOU have been telling us to go back home, the Thai Government hasnt told us that  

Don't be facetious - we are talking about post 31st. See subject matter.  

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You won't be the only person with that plan.

However does not prove its not an utterly stupid idea.

Barbados has opened its airports today , if they indeed are giving people 1 year visa , I may go there for a year .

https://money.yahoo.com/barbabos-introduces-plan-to-allow-visitors-to-work-remotely-there-for-a-year-192734193.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANcz1LJ0oBzpmfbIJRlNvnKdM7Vcf8oJ9NYA8pbpcNjxKJG7QPxI3X-v3MpxJXoIB3KKxGqZmP2ZHSzRzTlxvDY3CDlVE-MdztL4cPsm2ZmOOEGckHHZhiznGYpsNsoJwwXPISqNMnwIJc0lyFvDnnljgckfTTJ_3mN2wLRZn_Vf

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Barbados has opened its airports today , if they indeed are giving people 1 year visa , I may go there for a year .

Good plan.

Mind you I think amnesty will be extended. You would think some announcement one way or other would be made next week.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

What are you on ? So now its 6 months and you are talking about invoking chaos? The only

chaos would be if Thailand was full of

expats with your attitude I think.  Your world seems to be either black or white Andrew.  It reminds me of the mind of a child. 

No normal people that has the option to travel the world because they have the funds to do so, or are working in other warm countries and can’t get back to their <deleted>hole European country, would even think about waiting a possible departure out on any airport in Thailand. 
Is that so freakin hard to understand. Sleeping on the floor for a week or two paying 4 times the price to get home or stuck another place.   

If you would put yourself in that situation to go to a <deleted>hole state in Europe compared to what the relaxed and good thailand is, I would have to consider you dumb. 

Another arrogant Thai appeaser living in his -deleted- hole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:36 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

People were abusing the tourist visas to live here.

Can't really blame them for saying "enough is enough".

People were abusing the tourist visas to make income for bike&car rental companies&individuals, to make income for apartment/house rental companies&individuals, lastly to make income for the government by paying VAT.

But enough is enough! Let all these Thais involved in tourist/rental businesses go back to Isan and work on rice fields.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If they're opening up the borders, especially to European nations, they are prepared to allow the virus to come to the island. 

Nice place, but not a place i would want to stay for a year. 

I feel like if Thai officials were thinking logically, it should pay to enable those here to stay. The current covid stats "prove" they are not infected. 

Amnesty not extended, they all fly out to places like America. Then when things open you have a hoard of extra virus carriers coming back here to live. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

If they're opening up the borders, especially to European nations, they are prepared to allow the virus to come to the island. 

Nice place, but not a place i would want to stay for a year. 

They are testing people for Covid upon entry

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fdsa said:

People were abusing the tourist visas to make income for bike&car rental companies&individuals, to make income for apartment/house rental companies&individuals, lastly to make income for the government by paying VAT.

But enough is enough! Let all these Thais involved in tourist/rental businesses go back to Isan and work on rice fields.

Many there are on invalid travel insurances, and at worst not going to cover them for Corona.  The cost of Thailand have to possibly care for these international patients if anything goes wrong far outweighs any spending you bring to the country. 

The bare minimum they need is to ensure all those who are given an amensty get the valid insurance that is being asked of those coming in this month (name the 100,000 worth of insurance and covering for Covid).

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

They are testing people for Covid upon entry

That's great news ! 

I really can't fathem why a country like Thailand, so reliant on tourism, can't adopt a similar policy many other tourist reliant countries are making - NAMELY TEST ON ARRIVAL !! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

That's great news ! 

I really can't fathem why a country like Thailand, so reliant on tourism, can't adopt a similar policy many other tourist reliant countries are making - NAMELY TEST ON ARRIVAL !! 

They could even test people just before they get on the aeroplane and process the tests during the flight, and if anyones found to have the Corona virus , just open the aeroplane doors and throw them out ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

They will, just have patience.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/07/10/visa-amnesty-extension-unlikely-immigration-spox-says/

“There most likely will not be an extension. It’s all quiet on that front. It’s been a long time and we need to clear out people,” Phakkaphong said. “Thailand and the Thai government are already generous. No other country has this long of a visa amnesty.”

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/07/10/visa-amnesty-extension-unlikely-immigration-spox-says/

“There most likely will not be an extension. It’s all quiet on that front. It’s been a long time and we need to clear out people,” Phakkaphong said. “Thailand and the Thai government are already generous. No other country has this long of a visa amnesty.”

I was referring to prior July 31 st , of course the visa amnesty  will not last forever 

49 minutes ago, lkv said:

Unofficial statement by high ranking IO. I dunno. IOs were not saying comforting things back in March or April either if I am remembering correctly. Immigration isn't in charge of this decision either. The Cabinet will tell them what to do when they decide what they think is best. Even if amnesty is not extended some form of paid extensions may be allowed.We'll see what they decide to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

It will be extended.  Your head as a farang will always be counted in thb from the authorities. If they can’t have other tourists they will for sure have these tourists.  

You are not a tourist. 

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Even if amnesty is not extended some form of paid extensions may be allowed.We'll see what they decide to do.

Absolutely. The "extension denied- must leave within 7 days" @1,900 baht will always be an option.

As of other options, I don't feel embassies will issue letters again, should that be an available option, unless there are exceptional circumstances.