What will happen to foreigners with expired visas after July 31?

webfact

20 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

NZ only allows Nz citizens in at present.

Without meaning to be pedantic, NZ actually allows many people in and it is not limited to just citizens. New Zealand allows in citizens, permanent residents, residents (different to "permanent" residents"), and the spouses and dependents of NZ citizens and residents i.e. if a NZer has a partner of another nationality, they can go to NZ too. It has also made exceptions to a number of groups of people including film crews, various essential workers, sports people and more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The world has changed in the last 6 months, countries are protecting their own citizens first and foremost. For the time being globalization is over and insular policies prevail.

do you really believe that? 

12 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

Strange how it's the one's stuck outside Thailand, are getting all bitter and twisted and slating everyone on here! Pathetic really!

To be fair, the "bitter" people probably either cancelled their travel to Thailand in Q1, or did the resposible thing and headed home from Thailand early on.

Id say they also miss Thailand and their wives/family/gf...

But they jumped,

because even Blind Freddy could have worked out when the borders eventually all closed there was gonna be BIG problems with visa,

and thats aside from the un-known Covid risk at the time.

Yet, at the same time (at the start of the pandemic)

when Thailand was changing the conditions of entry (nearly daily) and putting in restrictions,

there were idiots such as Aussies posting about how to skirt around the restrictions and changing flights in a mad dash to get into Thailand before the flights stopped and the country was closed.

They were then even skiting about getting the free visa time and how good it all was instead of being in Australia..

(Although they could have been sitting back watching it all unfold in AUS with that government throwing folks AUS$ 1,100 per fortnight free welfare money to do nothing, but thats another story)

Well, now the axe is about to fall they are crying in their beer.

Surely they didnt think this "amnesty" thing was gonna last forever?

Anyway, as others have stated, they still have many options..

Elite visa,

Non O of some type

Agents 

all of which can be done in country as far as i know.

The many of us that jumped ship early are now going to be frozen out of Thailand for at least another 6 months,

but while our REAL government is paying us nice welfare out of the coffers, for the economy (instead of pocketing it themselves) i cant see why anybody wants to race back to the xenophobia and rubbish that is on clear display right now in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

To be fair, the "bitter" people probably either cancelled their travel to Thailand in Q1, or did the resposible thing and headed home from Thailand early on.

Id say they also miss Thailand and their wives/family/gf...

But they jumped,

because even Blind Freddy could have worked out when the borders eventually all closed there was gonna be BIG problems with visa,

and thats aside from the un-known Covid risk at the time.

Yet, at the same time (at the start of the pandemic)

when Thailand was changing the conditions of entry (nearly daily) and putting in restrictions,

there were idiots such as Aussies posting about how to skirt around the restrictions and changing flights in a mad dash to get into Thailand before the flights stopped and the country was closed.

They were then even skiting about getting the free visa time and how good it all was instead of being in Australia..

(Although they could have been sitting back watching it all unfold in AUS with that government throwing folks AUS$ 1,100 per fortnight free welfare money to do nothing, but thats another story)

Well, now the axe is about to fall they are crying in their beer.

Surely they didnt think this "amnesty" thing was gonna last forever?

Anyway, as others have stated, they still have many options..

Elite visa,

Non O of some type

Agents 

all of which can be done in country as far as i know.

The many of us that jumped ship early are now going to be frozen out of Thailand for at least another 6 months,

but while our REAL government is paying us nice welfare out of the coffers, for the economy (instead of pocketing it themselves) i cant see why anybody wants to race back to the xenophobia and rubbish that is on clear display right now in Thailand. 

Spot on, I jumped on 25th March, it was quite obvious that flights were going to be scarce and visa issues. I was in BKK and some of the local restaurants had closed, take out only from the ones left in the area or using grab. I didn't have anything to cook with in the room apart from a kettle, mama noodles and coffee is not enough for months. I really wanted to stay, but practically it was not worth it with everything closed and only this month have the bars reopened. Today a friend of mine said he's broke and not much chance of the bar he manages to open or make enough profit to survive, he has a WP too.

I've just watched a video of Pattaya from today 9th, soi 6, soi 7, soi 8 and LK Metro, must be 30 girls to every guy and little chance of that changing soon. The pubs where I live are pretty empty too, sad times.

Edited by tribalfusion001

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"countries are protecting their own citizens first and fourmost".

The UK certainly isn't, there are ex service men sleeping in the streets while "asylum seekers" are piling into the country from France and put in hotels, then given free homes and other benefits. 

OK. I have just found out that the veterans and others who have been sleeping on the streets in the UK have been put into temporary accommodation because of the pandemic, but for the benefit of a couple of posters and their emoticans, do not call me a liar, I have seen this on every occasion over the past few years I have been in the UK with my own eyes.

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Spot on, I jumped on 25th March, it was quite obvious that flights were going to be scarce and visa issues. I was in BKK and some of the local restaurants had closed, take out only from the ones left in the area or using grab. I didn't have anything to cook with in the room apart from a kettle, mama noodles and coffee is not enough for months. I really wanted to stay, but practically it was not worth it with everything closed and only this month have the bars reopened. Today a friend of mine said he's broke and not much chance of the bar he manages to open or make enough profit to survive, he has a WP too.

I've just watched a video of Pattaya from today 9th, soi 6, soi 7, soi 8 and LK Metro, must be 30 girls to every guy and little chance of that changing soon. The pubs where I live are pretty empty too, sad times.

I take it you were in Bangkok on a Visa Exempt or Tourist visa & didn't live there full time, if so I would have been tempted to do the same & accept that it would be some time (maybe 1 year) before I could return.

If you did live full time in Bangkok, the supermarkets (including Big C) have been open every day during the pandemic so it would have been very easy to buy a small induction plate cooker/microwave/air fryer to cook simple meals with.

I'm actually the opposite, I count myself lucky that I left Singapore mid-Feb (Condo was paid for up to mid-March) & got to Bangkok while I still could... Doubly lucky as I was in Jomtien/Koh Samed/ Koh Samui 2nd - 22nd March & got out of Koh Samui just as everything was closing down - There were 2 couples from the UK sat behind us on the plane who were saying that they were having real problems moving their flight home forward even then, I do hope they got back OK...

54 minutes ago, aboctok said:

What's wrong with you? Those who can't pay won't be on those flights, no matter how much they want to be. Backpackers who arrived cheaply pre-pandemic, who've had to wait it out for months, possibly have badly dwindled savings. Who the hell are you to judge? Lol, "no excuses." Okay, everyone will be on a flight, since you say they must be.

Are backpackers a special class of people, who have no responsibilities 

for their actions?

• Haha 1

Just now, PatchinExPat said:

I am a citizen of the usa. I check about monthly about flights.

no big reason, just to know.

Priceline has always found a way.

Price has been from as little as 30,000 baht

to as high as 55,000.

normal times it has been somewhere about

30 to 40 thousand.

so, I could always leave if I want.

I don't understand the, I am stuck here.

Sometimes it is a 28 hour trip, sometimes a 45 hr trip.

The world does not owe me anything, I know everything

I do is at my own risk.

Thanks for the good times, I will manage in hard times.

That is just life.

I knew Thailand had their own visa rules

when I came here and I expected to abide by them.

Pain in the behind or not.

Or Leave

I check weekly on Cheapoair to see if their fares have changed. It's always around 30,000 baht round trip to Texas. Usually 25 to 30 hour trips if you want to save money. usually through japan Airlines. I'm planning on visiting family in November. Just worried about the return hoops, document sending, waiting for answers. I'd have to, by present rules, to send documents and buy travel insurance the day I get there so I could return in a month as I plan, or else wait longer there until things get better. maybe if the US would stop being ignorant as far as listening to rules, and if more were imposed earlier, this wouldn't be the situation now. Hoping it will change by late October.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2020 at 1:39 PM, CH1961 said:

At Immigration you should wear proper clothing. 

Made my 90 day in Jomtien and other 20 people there, no problem at all. 

Good to know however what makes you think i wasn't wearing proper clothing?

15 hours ago, kamma said:

LoLs!

You are applying the wrong law.

The Right of Return is an international treaty between nations concerning the repatriation or return of a citizen to their 'home country' by another country, ie. when one country is repatriating (deporting or booting out) a citizen of another country back to their home country.

Any citizen wishing to return to their own country other than repatriation etc. would be governed by the domestic laws of that particular country. It has nothing to do with treaties.

They are not my statements that you referred to, but feel to dispute them and mislead people.

"The right of return is a principle in international law which guarantees everyone's right of voluntary return to, or re-entry to, their country of origin or of citizenship."

"The right is formulated in several modern treaties and conventions,"

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I take it you were in Bangkok on a Visa Exempt or Tourist visa & didn't live there full time, if so I would have been tempted to do the same & accept that it would be some time (maybe 1 year) before I could return.

If you did live full time in Bangkok, the supermarkets (including Big C) have been open every day during the pandemic so it would have been very easy to buy a small induction plate cooker/microwave/air fryer to cook simple meals with.

I'm actually the opposite, I count myself lucky that I left Singapore mid-Feb (Condo was paid for up to mid-March) & got to Bangkok while I still could... Doubly lucky as I was in Jomtien/Koh Samed/ Koh Samui 2nd - 22nd March & got out of Koh Samui just as everything was closing down - There were 2 couples from the UK sat behind us on the plane who were saying that they were having real problems moving their flight home forward even then, I do hope they got back OK...

Tourist visa, no point spending money on cooking facilities and my travel insurance had run out.

• Like 1

Just saw that as well, exactly how i thought it would go down. 

make your preparations now,  if your going to be stuck abroad in your home country waiting to come back make sure your family will be ok, your able to send money, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

they will be removed immediately...Thailand immigration is NO joke. 

Yep, It looks like there will be a forced mass exodus of foreigners led by immigration by the sounds of that article. Not looking good....

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Looks like there will be a lot of guys panicking after July 31 according to this article.

Visa Amnesty Extension Unlikely, Immigration Spox Says

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/07/10/visa-amnesty-extension-unlikely-immigration-spox-says/

So back to the embassy letters and double visits to immigration to see if they will let us stay.