60 Day Extention

I have a Non Immigrant ME O Visa based on Marriage to a Thai, it expires this month. I will be applying for a 60 day extension next week before my visa expires. Is TM7 the correct form for this application? Having already been refused a Residency Cert. because my permission to stay expired at the end of May. I am not expecting a positive result.

You use the TM7 form that is used for all extension applications.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Some offices will also want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can obtained at an Amphoe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You use the TM7 form that is used for all extension applications.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Some offices will also want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can obtained at an Amphoe.

Thanks @ubonjoe I will get the paperwork together and post the outcome next week.

Can someone post a copy (redacted, of course) of the Kor Ror 2.

I copied - what I thought was a Kor Ror 2 from another TV Forum Post - and gave this copy to the wife to go get our Kor Ror 2 at the local Amphoe - but according to the local office , it was a Kor Ror 22 (proof of marriage when married overseas). 

Amphoe had no idea what I was looking for and said our Marriage Cert/copy was all that was needed and sent the wife away empty handed.

I am in Nong Bua Lom Phu province and wife went to the local Amphoe in the southern district Nong Song (just north of the Ubol Ratana lake).

I will be going for the 60-day extension before Amnesty ends, then apply for the 1-year extension if things are still bad in the USA.

25 minutes ago, dwagner said:

I copied - what I thought was a Kor Ror 2 from another TV Forum Post - and gave this copy to the wife to go get our Kor Ror 2 at the local Amphoe - but according to the local office , it was a Kor Ror 22 (proof of marriage when married overseas). 

If you registered a foreign marriage you got the correct form. A Kor Ror 2 is only for new marriages registered here.

This the top of a Kor Ror 2. Note the 2 on the right side. It is very difficult to redact a 3 page document.

image.png.88b261c61000c3a07110f0a658d377e8.png

On 7/8/2020 at 6:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

Our Kor Ror 2 certificate was given to us when we married and we have the 2 original copies.

So do we take a copy of the Kor Ror 2 to the amper and have them stamp it as verified or are we good to go with the original copies ?

Also, my Non O multi visa is valid until 16th September but my current 90 day stamp expired on 6th June. Borders being close I couldn't reactivate the next 90 days. When I go for the extension will they start it from :

a)  1st August

b)  Date of application

c)  June 6th

Obviously , the last choice ( c ) will be of very little use at all.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

They will print out a new one, date it, stamp it and sign it. It can be requested at any Amphoe.

It could start on either of those days. It certainly will not be backdated. 

Thanks for reassurance and info  Ubon Joe.   Either day will be ok. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

They will print out a new one, date it, stamp it and sign it. It can be requested at any Amphoe.

It could start on either of those days. It certainly will not be backdated. 

So for me, who got married in Thailand, I can go into any amphoe (perhaps the one I got married at or my local one) and request it with a copy of the one I received at the time of marriage?

Can I do it by myself, or my wife by herself, or do both of us need to go together?

What is the exact procedure and documents needed? Passport probably, I guess?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, drbeach said:

So for me, who got married in Thailand, I can go into any amphoe (perhaps the one I got married at or my local one) and request it with a copy of the one I received at the time of marriage?

It can be done at any Amphoe.

No need for a copy of your Kor Ror 2 or 22 or your marriage certificate.

You wife would only need her ID card to request it. You do not have to be with her.

If you did it yourself you would need your marriage certificate and your passport and maybe a copy of her ID card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reminder Ubon Joe 

Going to Ampoe in CM on Monday then CM imm on Tuesday for 60 day extension 

Maybe 2 trips into CM imm for the day just like last time Maybe 

Tired of waiting for any amnesty extension

Cheers, 

Kirby

Im interested in the 60 day extension as well.

I have not been able to find a Thai government website with the list of required documents. I have found lots of English language, non-official websites listing the documents that are needed and they seem consistent with one another.

However this one puzzles me:

• A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.

We live in a rental condominium. Do they really want us to track down the person or agent of the corporation who owns the condominium and ask them to provide to us a copy of their personal ID with their signature on it?

I believe our condominium is owned by a corporation.

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

7 minutes ago, otissp said:

We live in a rental condominium. Do they really want us to track down the person or agent of the corporation who owns the condominium and ask them to provide to us a copy of their personal ID with their signature on it?

A lot depend upon which office you apply at.

If you have a rental agreement many offices want a copy of it with signed copies the owners house book and ID card attached to it.

You will not find a full list of required documents on any immigration website since it varies from office to office.

5 hours ago, otissp said:

At some offices, they make this nearly impossible to do, unless you own your own condo, live at your wife's house book, have a local landlord willing to jump through their hoops (possibly going to immigration in-person), or pay them off through an agent (the latter being purpose of the exercise).

At Chiang Wattana, you only need copies of your lease and the Thai-ID of the person who signed the lease (manager, etc) - both signed by that person.  I also provided a TM-30 printout, signed by the same person, though some report the don't care about this any more at that office (but definitely do at some others).  That was in early-March of this year, for a 60-day extension, before the "automatic-extension" was introduced.

• Like 1