KFC franchisee weighs US$200M sale of Thai business

8 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Junk food. No wonder the rate of obesity among younger Thais is growing year on year while these profit-seeking USA based companies exist.  When I first visited Thailand back over a decade ago, the majority of Thais were lean and healthy. Now look at them in any shopping mall - fat pigs are prevalent.  

Like much of the western world unfortunately , and they breed

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks.

Not helpful when some people make statements without any links - almost trolling...........

Trolling? 

• NPC International, the largest U.S. franchisee of Yum Brands’ Pizza Hut, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
  • The company operates more than 1,200 Pizza Huts and nearly 400 Wendy’s restaurants.
  • In a note published Tuesday before the bankruptcy filing, Cowen analyst Andrew Charles estimated that Pizza Hut’s owner, Yum Brands, could lose up to $54.2 million of annualized royalty revenue.

Based on the latest financial disclosure Yum Brands has Probability Of Bankruptcy of 36.0%

15 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Trolling? 

• NPC International, the largest U.S. franchisee of Yum Brands’ Pizza Hut, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
  • The company operates more than 1,200 Pizza Huts and nearly 400 Wendy’s restaurants.
  • In a note published Tuesday before the bankruptcy filing, Cowen analyst Andrew Charles estimated that Pizza Hut’s owner, Yum Brands, could lose up to $54.2 million of annualized royalty revenue.

Based on the latest financial disclosure Yum Brands has Probability Of Bankruptcy of 36.0%

Good, had a reaction. Any reason why you don't post the link you are quoting?

9 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Junk food. No wonder the rate of obesity among younger Thais is growing year on year while these profit-seeking USA based companies exist.  When I first visited Thailand back over a decade ago, the majority of Thais were lean and healthy. Now look at them in any shopping mall - fat pigs are prevalent.  

I disagree, my experience with managing KFC stores has shown me that the food, when correctly prepared and cooked is a healthy choice with no trans fat and very little salt! I think the inclusion of Corn syrups as sweeteners and palm oil as a cooking medium is to blame for the "porking" up of the populace, that, coupled with the Thai attitude to walking as against exercising is why young children especially are prone to obesity!     ????

22 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

In a note published Tuesday before the bankruptcy filing, Cowen analyst Andrew Charles estimated that Pizza Hut’s owner, Yum Brands, could lose up to $54.2 million of annualized royalty revenue.

So in the worst case of all these outlets closing, Yum could lose up to 1% of revenue. That doesn't really make them bankrupt as you said earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

So in the worst case of all these outlets closing, Yum could lose up to 1% of revenue. That doesn't really make them bankrupt as you said earlier.

Nothing else to do?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Trolling? 

Not only do you not own up to your mistake with a simple “my bad”, you double down with more misinformation and cherry-pick the first sentence out of the first googled result without even clicking on the link.

Based on the latest financial disclosure Yum Brands has Probability Of Bankruptcy of 36.0%. This is 13.02% lower than that of the Consumer Cyclical sector, and 9.62% higher than that of Restaurants industry, The Probability Of Bankruptcy for all stocks is 9.62% higher than the company.”

https://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/YUM--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

3A93B7B9-6BA4-4A89-930E-E6B9D17F93A5.jpeg

13 hours ago, stephenterry said:

When I pick my kid up from school I am astonished at how many little butterballs there are.

Thai kids never used to be like that.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Run and operated in Thailand by Thai franchisees, with Thai management and Thai staff....

And in case you had any doubts about that, just try eating their food anytime... You'll know it's imitation U.S. food done by Thais for Thais in Thailand.

The very last consideration for me would be to visit any fast food outlet. Junk food is not on my health agenda, thank you.,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What a load of nonsense. Junk food does not make people obese, laziness, greed and lack of choosing a balanced diet makes people obese.

Believe what you will. junk food is not for me, thank you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TPI said:

I disagree, my experience with managing KFC stores has shown me that the food, when correctly prepared and cooked is a healthy choice with no trans fat and very little salt! I think the inclusion of Corn syrups as sweeteners and palm oil as a cooking medium is to blame for the "porking" up of the populace, that, coupled with the Thai attitude to walking as against exercising is why young children especially are prone to obesity!     ????

A biased opinion, perhaps. I wouldn't go anywhere near a fast food outlet at any time, thank you.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, transam said:

Boring or what.....And calling the locals pigs is not nice, is it...Mr.Adonis..????

Regretfully, true, though. That's the reality that people fail to accept when subjecting their family to junk food outlets. As for me, an Adonis figure is long gone and is replaced by a lean, mean machine that needs pumping up regularly to make sixth grade.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Regretfully, true, though. That's the reality that people fail to accept when subjecting their family to junk food outlets. As for me, an Adonis figure is long gone and is replaced by a lean, mean machine that needs pumping up regularly to make sixth grade.  

So you're a slim pig.......????......oink, oink....????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

Also you didn't tell me the name of the remote village where your FIL told you folks died from COVID.

Are you just making these stories up ?

are you trolling ?

Last time I checked, I don't report to you.

54 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Last time I checked, I don't report to you.

you stated that folks are dying in your FIL's  village yet you won't say where it is.

I think your telling porky pies ......  lol 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:05 AM, ezzra said:

I think that CP will be more suited as they own vast networks of the chicken business already, either way, KFC is a good product in moderation of course...

You obviously have no concern for animal welfare. KFC commits animal cruelty on a gigantic scale worldwide.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Pib said:

Yea...Thailand needs to stick with Thai fattening unhealthy rubbish.

Traditional Thai food is very largely healthy and unfattening. That is why Thai people were almost all slim until the last dozen years or so, when Western junk food and snacks began to be widely consumed.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, Grumpy John said:

No matter the country,  it's still junk food with questionable ingredients.  But don't get bogged down with that argument,  there are plenty of Thai dishes that are made with junk ingredients.   Look at the MSG isle in Makro.   Not a full isle but one could safely say there is 2 ton of it in 1kg,  2kg and 5kg bags.  And I am sure I saw 25kg bags a few years back.  Salt they got it by the truck load.  Sugar and other sweeteners semi truck load.  Let's not forget the nasty little additives that go by numbers in the cooking section. 

Fried chicken is not junk food. Are you suggesting people stop eating fried chicken, a culinary favourite the world over, probably for thousands of years. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sprq said:

Traditional Thai food is very largely healthy and unfattening. That is why Thai people were almost all slim until the last dozen years or so, when Western junk food and snacks began to be widely consumed.

It is not the specific food that makes people fat, it's the amount of calories consumed, and as people become more affluent, they eat more because they have access to more food types. Eating becomes a pastime or hobby rather than a necessity. Poor skinny people are also not eating healthy. "leanness" is not necessarily healthy and in impoverished populations, most certainly very unhealthy. I've seen plenty of Asians getting very fat from eating too much streamed rice.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:47 AM, stephenterry said:

What kind of pig are you? 

49 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

yes.

Some idiots people talk about fast food like it's poison, which it obviously is not. Eaten occasionally and responsibly, like most people do, it is not any risk to your health. It's quick, convenient and you get a lot of calories for the money. Also, why do some people think that MSG is bad for you, it exists naturally in a whole host of foods and is better for you than salt.

Throughout history, humans have always had the choice of less healthy options, if people can't maintain their weight than that's their fault, not the person providing the food. If you take regular exercise and eat normally most of the time, there's no reason not to eat fast food if you enjoy it. I resent governments putting extra taxes on certain foods, it's just another step towards a nanny state. Even worse is people who go around telling other people what they should and shouldn't be eating.

Edited by SteveK

21 hours ago, sprq said:

Yeah those Curries and Deep Fried street snacks over half a kilo of white rice are the breakfast of champions