Human remains believed to be middle aged foreigner found in Nong Khai

webfact

Human remains believed to be middle aged foreigner found in Nong Khai

1pm.jpg

Picture Siam Rath

Police and rescue services were called after skeletal remains were found in some woods in Ban Dong Charoen, Hin Ngom sub-district of Muang district, Nong Khai in Thailand's north eastern region yesterday. 

The remains are thought to be those of a male foreigner aged 45 plus.

They are thought to have been there 6 months at least and belong to someone about 180 cm in height. 

No injuries were found on the skull.

Nong Khai immigration has been contacted by the Ban Deua police in an attempt to identify the deceased. 

The remains were found by a person foraging for mushrooms and were located on a property with limited public access. 

Source: Siam Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-09

14 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

What a nonsensical report, they don't know who it is referring to ' someone ' but it's s 'foreigner 45 years old '.  All of this from skeletal remains of 6 months !

Whoops! The early morning CSI Nong Khai respondent has awakened.

PS. 180 cm is a bit tall for a local don't you think? Pretty sure a quick look at the state of the teeth would also assist in the quick and dirty on-site forensics, no?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wanted to put a laughing emoticon to your post. But its sad for the family. I just had to laugh about the all efficient immigration department. They only go for low hanging fruits. This would mean doing their job. 

Anyway not so sure about family, i mean the remains have been there for a while someone would have contacted the police by now. if not then he probably burned all bridges in his home country.

If the body has been there for 6 months, surely all they need to do is check for folks that didn't do their 90 day report.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

When the family of this person finds out, it will be very sad for them, however, the powerful and all-efficient Immigration Dept., should have little trouble identifying a missing person, considering all the checks they have in place. The remains may be those of a Nong Kai resident?

You're assuming it wasn't his family that killed him and hid the body.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If the body has been there for 6 months, surely all they need to do is check for folks that didn't do their 90 day report.

I don't think their system is good enough for that. They only catch you when you come to them Its not as if they have a list of people who are in the country. I doubt that if they look up my name or yours they know your in or out of country. I doubt the registration is that detailed. However if you go to them for visa extension or something else they will check if everything is in order based on your passport.

I could be wrong of course would not be the first time. But I just doubt that they have a system that efficient. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I suspect all us farangs registered as living here in Nong Khai will be getting a visit.

Dont answer the door when they call

That should confuse them more they already are

Somchai Sir we have 2 farangs not at home, how do we know name of body?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

At present that would be a long list on non reporters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't think their system is good enough for that. They only catch you when you come to them Its not as if they have a list of people who are in the country. I doubt that if they look up my name or yours they know your in or out of country. I doubt the registration is that detailed. However if you go to them for visa extension or something else they will check if everything is in order based on your passport.

I could be wrong of course would not be the first time. But I just doubt that they have a system that efficient. 

I would have thought a search of foreigners that had overstayed their VISA or failed to do a 90 report would be trivial.

Why else do immigration use computers?

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

PS. 180 cm is a bit tall for a local don't you think? Pretty sure a quick look at the state of the teeth would also assist in the quick and dirty on-site forensics, no?

Not tall by Ethnic Thai Chinese Standards.  Ex wifes father and brother are 182 cm and 184 cm respectively, so was grandpa, women in the family are all 170 cm or taller.  They also have relatives who live in Nong Khai and are of the same stature.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're assuming it wasn't his family that killed him and hid the body.

Well, I was assuming he had a family in another country, the remains being of a male foreigner. Make no bones about it, I must admit, I didn't think of the possibility his Thai family (if any) had done him in.

Edited by ratcatcher

Solitary foreigner who with an original valid presence of which the last 3 months  has been invisible by virtue of the  visa amnesty is  found in an advanced state of decomposition in a secluded place....snake bite, heart attack, wrong  mushrooms, etc?

Or  not?

At least he has been  discovered which may or may not be of emotional concerns  to family once established?

Or  not?

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

What a nonsensical report, they don't know who it is referring to ' someone ' but it's s 'foreigner 45 years old '

Something about the height of his John Thomas was the clue.

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

What a nonsensical report, they don't know who it is referring to ' someone ' but it's s 'foreigner 45 years old '.  All of this from skeletal remains of 6 months !

Maybe the skeleton had a large coccyx bone. 

5 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Wait until the BMW arrives all will be reviled.............!!!! 

Off topic a little but in same news area. There was a German man resident of Prachinburi murdered about a month or so back. Does anyone have an update on this can’t seem to find any recent news on the outcome.

Edited by Silent Number

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Plenty of 1.8m+ lady boys knocking about

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I will assist them in any way I can.

This guy probably has family and friends who will be worried about him.

If they are worried about him being missing for 6 months then various agencies will have missing person reports giving accurate details of the person. matching height/sex/age etc will be determined by forensics possibly backed up by DNA testing to positively determine who it is.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:27 AM, Rookiescot said:

I suspect all us farangs registered as living here in Nong Khai will be getting a visit.

God they can check if all your papers are in order and if any of you are running illegal businesses.