Thailand expects 1.5 million foreign tourists before year end

webfact

4 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

TAT have downgraded their forecast from 15 million to 12 million, then 10 million and now 8.2 million.

Let's call it 6.7 million and talk again next year.

I, personally, think it will be 6.6 million!!!!????   That's just a guess, based on no tourists coming, maybe until October!!    The whole guessing game is bewildering and utterly meaningless, as TAT, nor anyone else has any clue yet how many tourists will come until the end of this year!!!!!    But I suppose, it keeps quite a few people in employment at TAT!!!!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Countries such as New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong had been mooted as being included in the so called ‘travel bubbles’, which had initially been intended to begin in September

Oh dear .. No China .. what a shame , what a pity .. never mind .. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buba Ho Tep said:

Someone take the pipe away from the TAT.  The return of tourism before mandatory Covid vaccinations is a pipe-dream.  Gonna have to wait for 'immunity passports' before tourism ever returns to anywhere near as before, and then it probably will never return to pre-2020 levels as the restrictions on entry will be 'over-the-top' and those who use to travel internationally will opt for domestic tourism in their own countries.  The "new-normal" is not the old-normal which will never return.  Thailand may want to press onward with different industries than tourism (which the government has effectively driven a stake through heart of that industry) such as growing cannabis as a cash crop. 

another cheery soul

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

According to TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn, 6.7 million international tourists visited Thailand in the first five months of the year

Up until the end of May have these tourists been visiting, haven't they?

Was under the impression it all got suspended around March 20th.

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Everyone knows you round up from 5. Schoolboy error, TAT. 

wonder who had the brain in TAT that day to make up the nos. Maybe someone else will have the brain today and a new number will come.... On what logic, sorry on what illogical premise  do they base their forecasts on

5 hours ago, webfact said:

According to TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn, 6.7 million international tourists visited Thailand in the first five months of the year

First five months of the year? My friend had a ticket for early April, and it was cancelled by the airline sometime in March, which in my calendar is Month 3.

7 minutes ago, hobobo said:

First five months of the year? My friend had a ticket for early April, and it was cancelled by the airline sometime in March, which in my calendar is Month 3.

but that was the only cancellation  hahahaha

Who's that reckless guy who comes on vacation and then gets locked up in a hotel for two weeks, at his own expense for food, accommodation and medical tests?

I don't think tourists are philanthropists.

Thailand should forget tourism for this year, and maybe next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LEKPHUKET said:

No one like to visit Thailand with the insane measures in place,  countries around are laughing with Thailand. 

Bali opens in September ....

And the Philippines.

Thailand is going to lose billions of Baht in lost tourism this year and for years to come, when people see how much more they get for their money when they visit other countries, and they won't be coming back.

• Like 2

I missed those premonitions. Now they start again. With 500 businessmen a day quota I can see some matherrors. I think they will have more around 7 million. Or 12 million since they are going to remove all dogs. Perhaps 15 million since the water are now going to be clean. Baah. Let's just put it at 25 million.. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some time you wonder if the left hand in this country knows what the right hand is doing, when you hear contradicting statements everyday you begin to think is there anyone there that control theses statements of each to his own?...

the answer is easy: everybody deems himself to be a free Thai and as such has his own opinion to be voiced (regardless of working in teams or government bodies with a one and unified statement on things)

..they just love the rhetoric..travel bubbles, dress-ups, masked malls..i laugh my head off several times a week..cant wait to see/hear whats coming next..everyone ripping everyone else off.

• Like 1

How on earth are people going to return with the poor BAHT rate many hotels are for sale as are bars and restaurants and now we have the stupid rules when you get to Bangkok airport you have to pay 3000bt for a one hour and half test for Corona virus the airport's is going to be packed out your going to be in the airport for days. Wake up

• Like 2