Thailand expects 1.5 million foreign tourists before year end

webfact

That is GREAT! I am so happy that their weggy board told them about the 1.5 million tourist! 

Expectations are wonderful ! I completely expect to win the lottery this year but I am not spending any

of the 'expected' money yet. I suggest that the TAT do the same.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some time you wonder if the left hand in this country knows what the right hand is doing, when you hear contradicting statements everyday you begin to think is there anyone there that control theses statements of each to his own?...

They surely don’t discuss amongst themselves, their there own bosses 

Are TAT are out there minds, no one is coming here... to be frank who in there right mind would.  Come here no for what, there is nothing you get here than now over rules your own country plus its English speaking... Folks are travelling locally now and with the absolutely crazy entry requirements which will be at the immigration officers disgression why would you even bother.  I had a passport issue a few years ago and they put me in IDC, trust me no tourist will risk a paperwork error - its just not worth the risk.  People are skint also... Thailand is dead, go to Vietnam, much much better ... as is Cambodia.. There is no vaccine for this and there wont be... 

1 hour ago, NoComment said:

The Kingdom has and always will be a place for backpackers, overage male tourists and skint families taking their"dream holiday". Yes, occasionally an influx of big spending tourists (remember the Russians) but TAT should understand the truth.

Tourism will be at an all time low worldwide for a couple of years.

Most  countries have no time for the Chinese. The world knows that Thailand is reliant on China for so many reasons. The more the Chinese are welcomed, the more the rest of the world will visit other countries.

Unfortunately China is ruining the Kingdom.

Although after this CV hype I no longer trust the Chinese. I would still travel back to Thailand tomorrow if it I could, w/o a mask even. I have a wife I haven't seen in around 5 months. These people making these decisions can they even relate to people and their problems?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

All the Chinese arriving in high-speed Bullet-Trains will save the day!!! 
Wait a minute....never-mind.

Does Thailand want a Hong Kong in Thailand. Thailand is inviting big problems running a rail direct from China. Do you think that the Chinese would take advantage of that in the future, I do. I probably wont be around for that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Although after this CV hype I no longer trust the Chinese. I would still travel back to Thailand tomorrow if it I could, w/o a mask even. I have a wife I haven't seen in around 5 months. These people making these decisions can they even relate to people and their problems?

No! Unless they make a lot of money out of it (i.e. Insurance, 5 Star quarantine hotels etc etc) 

Edited by sambum

If they started with august 1st and had 50 flights of 200 people a day and continuing for the next 150 days then they just might hit 1.5 million people. That's a big freaking If and or but.....

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some time you wonder if the left hand in this country knows what the right hand is doing, when you hear contradicting statements everyday you begin to think is there anyone there that control theses statements of each to his own?...

Each suit, uniform, talking head and assorted poobah needs to be heard, regardless of contradiction and wishful fortune-telling.

• Like 2

1.5 million tourists?  Makes me think about what my dad would tell me when I was wishing for something new.  'Wish in one hand and s... in the other and see which one fills up first.'

Might have a chance if some of the documentation/restrictions were done away with.

• Like 2

"Countries such as New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong had been mooted as being included in the so called ‘travel bubbles’, which had initially been intended to begin in September."

What happened to China?????

7 hours ago, southcoast said:

Thailand expects 1.5 million foreign tourists before year end

What Planet are these people on !!!. Probably to replace the coconut monkeys or the government..... same same but the monkeys could do a better job and they wouldn't need 3 submarines.

Do you believe in magic?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Buba Ho Tep said:

those who use to travel internationally will opt for domestic tourism in their own countries.

Only if those countries are safe to travel within - which kind of rules out most of Thailand's typically high spending visitors.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Again, coming up with numbers with no logic whatsoever !

image.png.30c244e62bbb13a0f135253a574f9cfb.png

We need to see the assumptions on easing....ie will flights be available, will they need to quarantine etc. Frankly, I don't see any tourists at all if they have to quarantine. Where are the 1.5 millions going to come from? Which countries and how is their COVID at the moment? What iOS the assumption on a second wave of COVID in these countries where the tourists will come from?

Are the embassies in these countries ready for 1.5 million applications....no, thought not. instead of 1.5 million, why not say 150,000.....or better still 15,000....then they won't have to keep revising the number down every few days. Think someone gets paid for producing these stupid numbers.

• Confused 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, ezzra said:

Yeah, these(s) people must all be so stupid.. right?? But then again, '.. is there anyone there that control theses statements of each to his own?...'..  Er.. what??? 

On 7/9/2020 at 5:29 PM, fraggleRock said:

Are TAT are out there minds, no one is coming here... to be frank who in there right mind would.  Come here no for what, there is nothing you get here than now over rules your own country plus its English speaking... Folks are travelling locally now and with the absolutely crazy entry requirements which will be at the immigration officers disgression why would you even bother.  I had a passport issue a few years ago and they put me in IDC, trust me no tourist will risk a paperwork error - its just not worth the risk.  People are skint also... Thailand is dead, go to Vietnam, much much better ... as is Cambodia.. There is no vaccine for this and there wont be... 

"at the immigration officers disgression"

I presume you mean "discretion", but maybe not! Lovely word!

Edited by sambum

Working in tourism, I can tell you first hand, that we have a bunch of requests for trips to Thailand from October onwards and with increasing numbers, over the coming months!

There is a potential- but if the Thai- government has no intend on AT LEAST signalling a possible opening from October onwards, this bubble will burst!

• Like 1

It's a shame as YouTube vloggers recent videos show Bangkok and pattaya and other places getting back to some sort of normality. I've never been to Thailand i the rainy season so i wouldnt be travelling now,but i would be looking to book oct/Nov and feb/March trips now. Just cant risk making those bookings so soon with such a changing fluid situation both in the west and in south east asia

On 7/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Misterwhisper said:

Actually, Mr. Yuthasak is dead wrong with his 1.5 million figure.

After strenuous research and meticulous analysis deploying carefully developed parameters plus my unfailing crystal ball I have determined that the number of foreign tourists visiting Thailand until the end of the year will be exactly 1,369,281.

Around nine tenths of them are of course going to be day trippers from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Malaysia doing some shopping across the border in Thailand, so I'm not certain if they necessarily should be counted as "foreign tourists" at all. 

If these shoppers will even be allowed to cross the border this year is a big question. Apparently a customs official at Nong Khai recently stated he doesn't except his border to re-open this year.

Edited by drbeach