Thailand expects 1.5 million foreign tourists before year end

webfact

7 minutes ago, Beanfarmer05 said:

It's a shame as YouTube vloggers recent videos show Bangkok and pattaya and other places getting back to some sort of normality. I've never been to Thailand i the rainy season so i wouldnt be travelling now,but i would be looking to book oct/Nov and feb/March trips now. Just cant risk making those bookings so soon with such a changing fluid situation both in the west and in south east asia

Like I've been telling everyone - DO NOT make any advance bookings until the borders have already re-opened and normal flight schedules have been restored, whenever that is. Be like me and make last minute bookings.

This is possibly the worst time in history to be making advance plans. Next year things might be more or less back to normal. Just wait until it happens. Be patient.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Working in tourism, I can tell you first hand, that we have a bunch of requests for trips to Thailand from October onwards and with increasing numbers, over the coming months!

There is a potential- but if the Thai- government has no intend on AT LEAST signalling a possible opening from October onwards, this bubble will burst!

Mass tourism is finished for this year mate.

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Mass tourism is finished for this year mate.

Who was talking about mass- tourism!

I said, we have a bunch of bookings!

And I guess, there would be some more, if the signal was towards opening the country for high and peak season!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

And I guess, there would be some more, if the signal was towards opening the country for high and peak season!

A bunch of bookings that will need to be cancelled.

Or. Turned away at imm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Working in tourism, I can tell you first hand, that we have a bunch of requests for trips to Thailand from October onwards and with increasing numbers, over the coming months!

There is a potential- but if the Thai- government has no intend on AT LEAST signalling a possible opening from October onwards, this bubble will burst!

You have to focus on Thai tourists.

Borders will not open. Foreigners will not be allowed. That is what we all have to accept.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cerox said:

You have to focus on Thai tourists.

Borders will not open. Foreigners will not be allowed. That is what we all have to accept.

Thai tourists will not feed the millions workin in tourism!

If the borders stay closed, this coubntry will see a  crisis like never before! 

On 7/11/2020 at 6:51 PM, The Barmbeker said:

How many of them paid up front?

Or even paid a non-returnable deposit?

Edited by BritManToo

On 7/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, The Barmbeker said:

Thai tourists will not feed the millions workin in tourism!

If the borders stay closed, this coubntry will see a  crisis like never before! 

Hopefully it can become a good lesson for Thai government. 

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

All of these numbers are pure speculation.

The airlines are a big factor in this. I work for an airline, and international routes are still in total flux, between travel restrictions, quarantines and the general lack of demand. The schedules are changing on an almost weekly basis, so if you book a ticket, I wouldn't bet my next pay check that the flight will actually operate.

While I'm seeing a rise in passenger numbers on domestic routes, it's still a fraction of what it should be at this time of year. So I'm highly skeptical that if folks are still not willing to get on a plane for a couple of hours on a domestic flight, that someone is going to get on a 10+ hour flight to Thailand. So that in my mind at least rules out most tourism from Europe or the Americas.

On top of that after all the economic devastation this has caused to family finances, I just don't see a vacation to Thailand being high on peoples 'to do' list this year, and maybe next 

obviously you know more than me but i know for a fact once the uk government said we could fly to most of europe there was a massive surge in bookings. so i think your wrong and there will be still plenty of people willing to fly. i for one would be quite happy to fly and a lot of people are like me and not gonna live in fear for the rest of their lives. but whether thailand are gonna open up is another thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mung said:

Isn't going to happen. The country locks down an entire region because of 1 confirmed case. The population of Thailand think allowing 1 confirmed case is a terrible thing.. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have anybody coming in and to gain no new cases. Thailand needs to wake up and pull their socks up while they're at it. How many more businesses have to go under, or how many more suicides need to take place? More people die on Thailands roads per day than COVID-19 ever has taken. 

On the other hand if Thailand has many cases people will avoid to come to Thailand. It is not an easy situation. But if Thailand can avoid many cases the rest of the Thailand is still working. "Only" businesses relying on Tourists will suffer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Yes the reaction to the Egyptian case has been Thailand's equivalent of the panic buying of toilet paper seen in the USA and Australia,

Can toilet paper spread the corona virus ?

The reality  is , in the USA, there was once ONE person who had Corvid , going back a few months ago , and now ?

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

obviously you know more than me but i know for a fact once the uk government said we could fly to most of europe there was a massive surge in bookings. so i think your wrong and there will be still plenty of people willing to fly. i for one would be quite happy to fly and a lot of people are like me and not gonna live in fear for the rest of their lives. but whether thailand are gonna open up is another thing.

Just don't fly to Thailand , stay in Corvid infected areas . We have done very well here in Thailand in avoiding Corvid , dont come here and spread the virus 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Can toilet paper spread the corona virus ?

The reality  is , in the USA, there was once ONE person who had Corvid , going back a few months ago , and now ?

If I can believe the news Trump has now grey hair already. 

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Just a matter of time before it breaks out again...

If this doesnt cause an outbreak , the borders will probably be closed permanently, for years anyway  , until the World gets it under control . No hurry to open up 

• Haha 1