Thai immigration launches newly updated website

Thai immigration launches newly updated website

im.jpg

screenshot

Thailand’s Immigration Bureau has updated its website with a new design making it easier to use and find out information.

The new website, which is available in English and Thai, gives more emphasis to the increasing number of services which are available online, including TM47 and TM30 reporting. 

It also has a dedicated section of highlighted announcements such as the new QR code queuing system, which is available at immigration division 1.

There is also a section for the latest news and services provided by immigration, including what is required for visa extensions and 90 day reporting. 

The site now also has a handy map feature that enables users to easily locate their nearest immigration office.

The updated immigration website can be found at: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-09

• Like 1

Having a full-screen live video on the launch page seems very user-unfriendly.

This page can't load Google Maps correctly.

The mobile apps have been down for quite a while.

On the plus side: links to TM47 and TM30 webpages work, so there's that.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, khastan said:

Friend of mine went to do his normal 90 day at Nong Khai yesterday and they demanded to see his bank book had 800000 baht in it, not just one person but two. So yes they can ask for whatever the hell they want.

Mail it, next time.  But if made to sign that "must show money after 90-days" letter when getting their extension, they are required to go to the office just for that, regardless of the unrelated 90-day report.

2 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

think it was dsigned by steven spielberg .. my eyes cants keep up with all the flasing going on . 

Ha ha! I take your point.

I remember about fifteen years ago KFC had a new all-singing-dancing-website with the same jazzy things.

What it didn't have was a menu and price list of what they sold.

I complained to KFC head office about them missing the point. They told me to contact the website designer myself! I did - they never replied of course.

• Haha 1

Kind of what I expected, horrible! What did they spend on this a buck pifty (baht, not dollars). They would really do themselves a great service if they'd pay a decent amount of money and use a developer from OUTSIDE THAILAND. The amount of technological know how here in sum can be put in a thimble. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Mail it, next time.  But if made to sign that "must show money after 90-days" letter when getting their extension, they are required to go to the office just for that, regardless of the unrelated 90-day report.

I did my 90 days yesterday due 7th. Did on line a week before no response. At the Irritation office 8.25 am. Good news only a few in front but one a mega Burmese agent. They were yak yaking and did not notice the door unlock. In, no ticket and first booth. Done in about 3 minutes. Then she calls me to a counter and says "next time bring bank book". "Why?" I say "you have to". "No I don't!!!" Obviously she had not checked my file. "Because I use monthly income". She went a bit red, tore a bit of stamped paper out of my passport and said "Ok" 5555! Going out glad I got in first as there was a queue of Burmese outside all the way up the steps!! Could hardly get to my car!!

Edited by DPKANKAN
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

They would really do themselves a great service if they'd pay a decent amount of money and use a developer from OUTSIDE THAILAND. The amount of technological know how here in sum can be put in a thimble. 

Was waiting for the obligatory general bash and assertion of farang superiority. Wrong. In fact Thailand has some great web developers but they ain't cheap. Any of them could knock out a readable, usable site in about a day that does what the Immigration site attempts. Or an afternoon if just going for Brutalism (plenty good 'nuff for Warren Buffet), but Thais do love the glitter.

So what we have here is just a "pay peanuts, get monkeys" situation. Or maybe they paid a lot for some student relative of an IO to spend weeks on it. Contacts are everything. ????

• Like 2

Perhaps the webmaster / author was tasked with going one better than the e-visa website for initial un-usability. Maybe they were asked to make it reflective of the consistency of service, as provided at office counters. 

We perhaps we would naturally just assume that it should be as reliable, low stress, accurate, informative, easy to navigate useful resource. Depends what the objective was ????.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Wrong. In fact Thailand has some great web developers but they ain't cheap.

That's what a woman sitting next to me on the plane said a few years ago certainly was suggesting, They were actually looking at opening a office in Thailand because there was resource there that could tackle challenging problems with initiative and ingenuity on the IT front, where staff at another country were technically specified, but struggled to resolve things to a suitable product.

Maybe it was outsourced overseas? ????

Edited by UKresonant

13 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

That's what a woman sitting next to me on the plane said a few years ago certainly was suggesting a few years ago. They were actually looking at opening a office in Thailand because there was resource there that could tackle challenging problems with initiative and ingenuity on the IT front, where staff at another country were technically specified, but struggled to resolve things to a suitable product.

Maybe it was outsourced overseas? ????

As for quality/cost, it'd undoubtedly be cheaper to outsource nowadays to, say, Bangladesh, India, or Pakistan to contractors with proven track records and references. Plenty of them over there, but--ah, no, for obvious reasons.

Edited by BigStar

26 minutes ago, stouricks said:

It would have been nice to see 'Queen's English' being used instead of the pidgeon translations. I would have helped them if they had asked nicely.

Well, we understand "pigeon English" quite well here, because we've often heard birds speaking it. We'd use it a lot, along with Brummie and Geordie, if only it were permitted by the forum rules.

We've never heard of "pidgeon English," however, and definitely wouldn't trust any translator who purports to understand both that and Queen's English. We've also never heard of "pidgin English," so don't even try to go there or you might "loose" all your remaining credibility.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Well, we understand "pigeon English" quite well here, because we've often heard birds speaking it. We'd use it a lot, along with Brummie and Geordie, if only it were permitted by the forum rules.

We've never heard of "pidgeon English," however, and definitely wouldn't trust any translator who purports to understand both that and Queen's English. We've also never heard of "pidgin English," so don't even try to go there or you might "loose" all your remaining credibility.

Best be correct before pointing the stick.

BTW, pijin English is also another alternative

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

maybe some farang needs to sit down with their IT guy and explain the problems and issues.

Obviously they are not aware of how bad it is ... 

We can sit here and complain until the cows come home but that ain't gonna fix it.

If they were interested in feedback or a quality check, they could have easily hired someone for that. Standard part of project management...

The fact they didnt should tell you enough.

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

Pointless, as the IO is allowed to use his/her discretion and ask for whatever the hell they want.

All show, show, show ...... as always. ????

copy.jpg.097a04efd86c13ead17732e90dcb0853.jpg It will never change for the better

Edited by brianthainess
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, worrab said:

First obvious fault is the language selection!! Select Thai to get English and vice versa!! Not bad for an updated site but TIT!!

My thoughts too, 2 languages lol.