BANGKOK
webfact

Thai immigration launches newly updated website

8 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Flip the 47 and 30 card to see your prize: 

*the moblie application is under maintenance* Sorry for the inconvenienc

"moblie application" and not working.

11 hours ago, heist said:

Looks like it was built by someone following a YouTube tutorial on how to build a website.

Also: 

immi.jpg

You need a valid payment method, like a credit card, to obtain a proper API key for the Google map. 

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

2020-07-09-204.jpg.ce04c18097354fe98358a1c4255648de.jpg

Well, that would appear to be that, then, in the case of those 2 particular apps until Songkran 2564 at least. And I do mean 2564 AD, of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Aforek said:

Chapter 22, " retirement extension", they don't speak of the mandatory insurance; it seems to be the text of last year, before the changement for O-A visa 

Not to mention the spectacular own goal scored by the announcement of the closure of a temporary immigration office which is now set to re-open!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

If this is any indication of the quality of websites produced by domestic Computer Science grads from Thai universities, than this country is well and truly *****ed technologically. 

My 13 yo niece could put together something better using Wix.
Actually, this looks like something a 13 yo put together with Wix.

At least the video segment that leads off the main page I recall being produced by some Thai video production/media contractor... I'm kinda wondering whether they might have used the same company to do the new version of their website.  I'd say it's pretty likely NOT something that anyone in Immigration did in-house.

Which would also explain why the site hasn't been updated with more recent info and developments. They seem to view websites as a do-it-once and then leave them alone things instead of a living communication method that's meant to be regularly refreshed and updated.

The do-it-once approach is something a contractor can do for Immigration. The update it regularly to keep it up-to-date -- if it doesn't involve issuing a paper memo -- apparently is beyond the capabilities of those in-house.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Under the 90 Day Notification link, there is no mention of using the internet or phone app to do the 90 day report. Just lists in person, by someone authorized by you, or by mail.

Hope just an oversight and they have stopped doing by internet or phone app.

10 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Under the 90 Day Notification link, there is no mention of using the internet or phone app to do the 90 day report. Just lists in person, by someone authorized by you, or by mail.

Hope just an oversight and they have stopped doing by internet or phone app.

It is identical to what was on last 2 websites they had.

Only on line reporting is possible now. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The app is not working.

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Which would also explain why the site hasn't been updated with more recent info and developments. They seem to view websites as a do-it-once and then leave them alone things instead of a living communication method that's meant to be regularly refreshed and updated.

They could of at least kept the announcements that was on the previous  site. Some of them were from years ago and were still on the site. Even the links to them are dead. I have tried one for a recent one and it just lead to the main page.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They could of at least kept the announcements that was on the previous  site. Some of them were from years ago and were still on the site. Even the links to them are dead. I have tried one for a recent one and it just lead to the main page.

Just spitballing here...\

1. You could try the Internet Archive site and see if it captured any of the prior Immigration website pages...

https://archive.org/web/web.php

2. You could do a Google search using the address/link for the prior page/pages, and then see if in the search result Google has a cached version of the prior page/pages.

It's really a very great shame.  A well-designed website would be a huge help.  This one is a mess and essentially no help at all. 

Any update should begin, at a minimum, with two simple bits of advice:

1) Don't have any fancy animations and graphics.  None.  They don't provide useful information; they only distract.

2) Have the "English" version contain only English, and have a native speaker proofread every line of every page of the English version.

• Like 2

Oh cool. But if it was improved, is there anything left?🙄

Just tried it too, and Ditto, not working that well, Do we all have smart phones, whats a QR code, useless to me.

Just a few minutes ago I did my 90-Day report using the OLD website, having failed on both the mobile app. and the new website - well, didn't really get started on either because they are both inoperative. 

Instant response and approval with 'Next Appointment' slip to print.

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

Just a few minutes ago I did my 90-Day report using the OLD website, having failed on both the mobile app. and the new website - well, didn't really get started on either because they are both inoperative. 

The is no "new" online reporting website. It has been the same website and URL for many years.

The app has been dead for over a month and they have a notice it is not working on the website.