Thai man credits lucky amulet after miraculous escape from crushed Fortuner

webfact

I want to purchase one of these anti crush life preserving amulet technology thingies where can I get one the article does not say.....????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Pity these amulets don't prevent the accidents from happening in the first place.

They do, but that's an amulet strictly for those with lots and lots of cash.

It's not available to the likes of you and I. ????

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Shame the 7738 who have already died on the roads this year did not have one.

Or maybe some did,but then that would not help amulet sales?7,738

Damn, thats some great numbers to date compared to years gone by, We need a WuFlu alcohol ban more often !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Now the temple in his wife's hometown is minting a new "Luang Pu Fortuner" amulet to commemorate the occasion and raise funds for Wat Moei temple

'and raise funds for Wat Moei temple' just slap my hand - how cynical of me.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Do you mean you want book a euthanasia appointment on the 9th, to avoid the chance of having an accident? Surely not.

No I just want to buy 9 freshly minted amulets that's one lucky cat????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Put me down for 9 please????

Once caught a Immigration Office quickly changing shirts in the main office who was wearing 12 amulets draped around his neck. He asked me not to laugh and said they'd worked.

Not sure how many he actually needed, maybe 6 would work just as well as 12?   

• Haha 1

There you go .. more proof to the naysayers that am's really work .. stick that in your sceptic pipe and smoke it ..

for those thinking of a amulet don't get the one doing the wise monk-ey impression as he won't be able to see what's occurring and thus fail to offer full comp protection .. 

IMG_20200709_062851.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Once caught a Immigration Office quickly changing shirts in the main office who was wearing 12 amulets draped around his neck. He asked me not to laugh and said they'd worked.

Not sure how many he actually needed, maybe 6 would work just as well as 12?   

It's the fact he had to ask you not to laugh!

That must surely mean he wasn't convinced in his own mind about them and realised people would ridicule him.

Yeah, six of one and half-a-dozen of the other - to be sure, to be sure as the Irish man said.

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

There you go .. more proof to the naysayers that am's really work .. stick that in your sceptic pipe and smoke it ..

for those thinking of a amulet don't get the one doing the wise monk-ey impression as he won't be able to see what's occurring and thus fail to offer full comp protection .. 

IMG_20200709_062851.jpg

'full comp protection' Do you get a no claims bonus for not dying?

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's the fact he had to ask you not to laugh!

That must surely mean he wasn't convinced in his own mind about them and realised people would ridicule him.

Yeah, six of one and half-a-dozen of the other - to be sure, to be sure as the Irish man said.

But it could also be exponential power from the more you have the more protected you are .. and I've also heard that different am's protect from different things .. but I'm not sure on that .. she might have been pulling my leg ..