Pattaya: Woman and son rescued after car washed away in floods

webfact

Just now, Don Mega said:

yeah you keep waffling on about that.

fact remains this portion of road is like a dam, it just fills up, there is very little flow or turbulence to the water.

good to hear once again how it is in Texas.

You're missing the point. It can flash flood anywhere, and low areas can get hit from runoff from areas surrounding, and if it's really raining hard, the water can "wash" away vehicles. Just like the headline said. Water is extremely powerful especially if it's moving even a little. Vehicles like passenger cars and trucks don't have a chance an 18 wheeler would. And I'm not waffling. Everything I've told you is right on and to the point of this post. I related about Texas because there is a lot of flash floods there, just like here, areas that get no rainfall for quite awhile then a lot all at once. Hence, flash floods.

• Like 1

Well, this is going nowhere fast. Turning the thread into a veritable "flood" of rhetoric in a "flash" !

I'm about to head out and it just so happens that I could ride down that very stretch of road (checking outside - bright sunshine so I should be safe for at least the next 10-15 minutes - maybe).

Might stop and take some "long after the fact" pics just to try and sort of keep the topic from devolving further, like flood waters slowly receding into the weeds.

OK, I'm back.
Lot of traffic on the bypass today, couldn't stop to get a good pic closer to where the car ended up.

You can see from this one where the low point is on the road, which is where her car ended up.

As I went by, there must have been 9-10 trucks (pick-ups) parked just past where the pumps are and maybe a score (20ish) of people all examining the area. I'm guessing the incident made the news and got some people asking questions.

And that roadwork (ditch/drainage pipe) work on the left ? Been going on since well before February of last year. Still not close to being finished it appears.
107902199_10158343660614220_9097075269965861778_o.jpg.b838b3b9b857fb76393ea972de733639.jpg

Edited by Kerryd

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

They do actually float (sorta) once a level of water gets to a certain depth.

But yes the water s not flowing as hat point in the road is like a catchment area or dam, it just fills with little to no flow.

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

the water is hardly moving....in the photo....so how can a merc, possibly over a ton in weight GET WASHED away ???!!!

The water seems to be flowing  I think that's the woman's car in the distance.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:11 PM, hotchilli said:

Another driver who thinks car can drive in deep flood water, when will they ever learn to stop and turn around.

It's only "me first" in Thailand, water will not stop them, or anything else.