2021 Toyota Corolla Cross Debuts With Hybrid Power In Thailand

2021 Toyota Corolla Cross Debuts With Hybrid Power In Thailand

ty.jpg

Size-wise, the Corolla Cross is slotted in between the C-HR and the top-selling RAV4, complementing the former as the more functional crossover. It measures 4,460mm (175.5 inches) long, 1,825mm (71.9 inches) wide, and 1,620mm (63.8 inches) high. The C-HR and Corolla Cross share the same 2,640mm (103.9 inches) wheelbase length.

As for the powertrain, the Corolla Cross was launched in Thailand with two options. First is the 1.8-liter 2ZR-FBE gasoline engine with 140 horsepower (104 kilowatts) and 129 pound-feet (175 Newton-meters) of torque, sent to the front wheels via a CVT.

On the other hand, a hybrid powertrain option is available, with a 600-volt electric motor supplementing the setup with 72 hp (54 kW) and 120 lb-ft (163 Nm) of twists. The electric motor works in conjunction with a 1.8-liter 2ZR-FXE mill that makes 98 hp (73 kW) and 105 lb-ft (142 Nm) of pull. The hybrid Corolla Cross comes with Toyota's e-CVT.

Full story: https://www.motor1.com/news/433020/toyota-corolla-cross/

-- motor1 2020 07-09

It's not a bad looking car, certainly much better than the CH-R, which looks like it fell out of a cereal box (not to mention the read light ripped straight off a Civic). Toyota have lifted their game in the last year, with both the new Camry and Corolla looking much more aggressive and stylish in my opinion. 

Very interested to see the pricing. It will be going head-to-head with the Mazda CX-30, which is receiving very positive reviews, and is priced rather competitively. It will be interesting to see if the heavier Hybrid Toyota is as agile and forgiving on the rather less forgiving Thai roads.

Much better looking than the truly ugly CH-R.  Very clean, flowing styling.  Too bad we don't get the RAV in Thailand.  My partner and I have a CR-V but might consider the Cross or the equally attractive Mazda CX 30.  

I quite like it.

Tuna and other 7 seaters are just too big for my needs.

Interesting too see how it compares to the Mazda CX30, prices are about the same.

I am not a Toyota fan boy but will always buy what I likes best. 

1 minute ago, br12stol said:

Yes Hybrid models only 1.8 sport gets the Dustbin lids 

Yes, after looking at that Toyota site some more and comparing the wheels on the upper models, the dustbin wheels are on the cheap model.  The wife called our Toyota dealer and they said the 1.8 Sport was discounted 30,000 Baht, maybe that is why.  

2 hours ago, metisdead said:

Yes, after looking at that Toyota site some more and comparing the wheels on the upper models, the dustbin wheels are on the cheap model.  The wife called our Toyota dealer and they said the 1.8 Sport was discounted 30,000 Baht, maybe that is why.  

It' easier to swap out rubbish wheels with aftermarket ones. I wouldn't swap out nice alloys until the tires need changing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavisH said:

It' easier to swap out rubbish wheels with aftermarket ones. I wouldn't swap out nice alloys until the tires need changing. 

It's best also to sell the originals online (facebook car sites) rather than at the shop where one buys new wheels. I once asked a shop what they would give me for my crv wheels (only) = 6000 baht for the 4. But they sell them from 4000 baht each on their website. A nice little earner for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, metisdead said:

According to the https://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/corollacross site, these are the wheels on offer:

11a74ed035d0222ba2650fa3c2e7a480eaae4065.jpg

Those look pretty good to me!

By the way, those wheels are only available for the Hybrid Premium Safety and Hybrid Premium models, and they are 18 inch wheels.

The 1.8 Sport and Hybrid Smart models use 17 inch wheels.  Was talking to a saleslady on Saturday about if a person wanted to change wheels when ordering and she couldn't come up a real figure, just said "maybe 20,000 Baht". I guess that figure would/might apply to the wheels that are available on the Hybrid Smart model:

image.png.40146b07a5899c3fa44984a8dc4ea7e2.png