Dogs in Thailand: Mum turns to the media after owner won't pay medical bills for savaged daughter

webfact

Dogs in Thailand: Mum turns to the media after owner won't pay medical bills for savaged daughter

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A mother in southern Thailand turned to the media after a neighbor's dog savaged her daughter. 

The seven year old was left needing ten stitches after the dog got her head in its mouth.

She was on her way to innocently buy sweets with a couple of pals tagging along behind when the vicious attack started.

Luckily the little girl's father was nearby or it could have been much worse. 

Mother Phenpha Phothong, who lives in Thap Phrik sub-district went to the Muang Krabi police who called in the dog's owner and fined them 1,000 baht for letting their dog run loose. 

The owner proved to be yet another lying and irresponsible dog owner. 

He promised to pay 10,000 baht for medical bills. But when it came time to pay up the owner refused.

The dog - that previously bit a friend of the little girl - is still wandering around the neighborhood. 

Phenpha said she is a poor woman and decided to turn to Facebook and the media after the owner let her down following the attack last Friday evening.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-09

11 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

i would poison the dog and be done with it.

Unfortunately  poisoning/killing the dog carries much higher penalties  than the dog biting/killing a child does :crazy:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Unfortunately  poisoning/killing the dog carries much higher penalties  than the dog biting/killing a child does :crazy:

That is a sad state of affairs, but on the other hand someone has to see you do that (poison the dog) and anyway I doubt very much whether they do autopsies on dead Soi dogs!!!

• Like 1

my stupid neighbours and local police made me pay 1500thb or i would be put in prison. My dogs didnt bite anyone and are behind a fence. Funny that dogs snap at me and my family when scooting kids to school and neighbours dogs have killed my dogs on my property. No one cares then though cuz im a farang and its ok to hurt them, ripp them off, etc..

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

lock up the owner then the dog. Irresponsible dog owner having it run around and he feels it is fine for the dog to attack innocent children and he will be exonerated of any responsibility. 

Dont blame the dog, blame the owner. It should be humanely destroyed.

The owner should be put in a cage and have police dogs sicced on him until he bleeds and needs similar medical attention.

4 hours ago, lanng khao said:

A few special lukchins would be getting fed to that dog if that was my daughter..

Thats really horrible. Do you really bear malice against an animal that acts according to instinct?

To kill small things, probably egged on by the owners attitudes to having a watchdog.

Such an animal is a menace to society and should be humanely destroyed, juts a pinprick not agony of poisoning.. It is the owner who should be severely punished.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

lock up the owner then the dog. Irresponsible dog owner having it run around and he feels it is fine for the dog to attack innocent children and he will be exonerated of any responsibility. 

However, if you hit it with your car/truck,and kill it, the same <deleted> will want paying. Incredible. ????

18 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thats really horrible. Do you really bear malice against an animal that acts according to instinct?

To kill small things, probably egged on by the owners attitudes to having a watchdog.

Such an animal is a menace to society and should be humanely destroyed, juts a pinprick not agony of poisoning.. It is the owner who should be severely punished.

Aye Aye captain, I'd keel haul it aswell..

On 7/9/2020 at 3:04 PM, xylophone said:

That is a sad state of affairs, but on the other hand someone has to see you do that (poison the dog) and anyway I doubt very much whether they do autopsies on dead Soi dogs!!!

I spend last week end over Ao Nang beach area and saw 20-30 stray dogs all over the beach, some seemed quiet/calm no aggressive but other were jumping and barking at people with food, if I remember correctly last year a couple kids got bitten also and the local government went public saying the dogs would be removed from their beaches, guess nothing was done..... actions speak louder then words

• Like 2