Dogs in Thailand: Mum turns to the media after owner won't pay medical bills for savaged daughter

webfact

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, ubon farang said:

I go for a walk i Take a stick with me The dogs here scare me

Around Thailand you'll notice many people carrying sticks on their early morning/evening excercise/walks. Whilst rarely used, the dogs and monkeys know not to come near a stick holder.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:52 PM, soi3eddie said:

Around Thailand you'll notice many people carrying sticks on their early morning/evening excercise/walks. Whilst rarely used, the dogs and monkeys know not to come near a stick holder.

A few of the dogs in the front of the village gate would charge and make a bother.. The owner, right there, just looking away... 

I was wondering, fill up the water bottle with urine, when they come running, lay out the spray and know those dogs would spend the day cleaning themselves to get rid of the scent. 

4 years back dog savaged the Mrs, found out it had attacked several others including kids over the previous 2 weeks. I went out to deal with it armed with a metal pole, only to find the neighbors feeding it! It was taken away in the end, but last Sunday night coming home I counted 21 strays around the entrance to the moobahn, these people just have no common sense.

• Like 1

Quite upsetting that the dog owner tries to dodge own responsibility.

That mean dog should be hunted and put down for the future safety of that community.

I have never got a dog bite myself.

However, I have met so many near-miss cases with mean dogs in the streets of Thailand.

So I started to sport vinegar spray for self-defense 3 years ago.

It works 100%.  Any violent bad tempered dogs cannot stand it.

Dogs' sense of smell is 50000 times keener than man.

And vinegar smell is one of the things they hate worst.

I wish that 7 Y.O girl's father or any nearby adults  got this weapon at the time of that vicious attack took place.

性悪犬画像.png

性悪犬画像4.jpg

DSCN8606 (2).JPG

DSCN8595.JPG

DSCN8609.JPG

Edited by black tabby

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:21 AM, MadMuhammad said:

I’m sadly starting to see the lack of responsibility and care in this country. Buddhist when it suits their purpose 

Yes, religion is there to suit the purposes of the believers.

Here, Buddhism is for luck, Christianity is for an afterlife, Islam is for protection of males for crimes and oppression committed against females, and so on..

Jainism is one awesome religion of peace, as I can understand.

Very sad that that whole world cannot convert to this Jainism religion.

Not the dogs fault.It is the owners fault big time.These dogs just run wild everywhere, irresponsible so called owners dont give a toss. Flea Tick ridden mangy soi irresponsible dog owners should be fined then pay compensation to victims, maybe then they will start to take it serious. Lovely sausages eaten with a lead pill should work with these dogs, doggy heaven will be filled up in no time. These dog issues happen so many times but nothings done about it. Lots of Thai male & female owners dont give a toss about their dogs health just leave them infested with fleas ticks mange heartworm, then when the dog dies they just get another one. These dogs fend for them selves living off food scraps & rubbish fed to them by their owners. 15 years I have seen this living in a large village 120 klms outside Ubon Ratchathani. Police or Govt do nothing about it. In saying this there are a few responsible owners who care for their animals. We mention dogs but I see many kept cow & buffalo living tragic lives really sad to see but hopefully time will change things.