Current status on end of July extension

Nothing pertaining to your Non O-A, but just back from the German/Austrian Honorary Consulate in Pattaya to get a letter stating I am still alive for my pension.

Our Mr. Hofer explicitly stated that nobody knew what the situation would be come August, so new real "news" in that sense. But he seemed very relaxed about things, laid back as always. They were aware of there still being well over a hundred of our citizens in and around Patty, that is his remit being only a honorary consul, but not a single one in dire straits, long stay or tourist. Stated that flights (to the EU, that is) were available in sufficient capacity, hence anyone really wanting to leave could do that, on the other hand would issue me a statement to the contrary as things were still too muddled up for any reliability. Was not in the least expecting a stampede of sorts at his little office once the Thai government clarifies the situation over the next week or so and not expecting any drastic measures by them to get rid of people, hence more or less advised me be to just stay put. That was only a hunch, but I do believe he has more of a grasp of the situation than us ordinary guys.

• Like 1

It is recommended to apply for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O-A Visa before your current permission to stay expires.  There are some IOs that will not accept your application if the permission to stay already expired, which would force you to leave the country once the Amnesty is over.

Be aware, that when applying for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement, that a mandatory thai IO-approved health-insurance policy is required.

• Like 1

You will still get 1 year on your extension.  Assuming you have everything you need for it, such as the medical requirement. 

The July 31st thing is mostly for people stuck in Thailand now because of the Covid-19 situation.

46 minutes ago, rwill said:

Assuming you have everything you need for it, such as the medical requirement. 

A medical certificate is not required for an extension of stay application. Only a very few rogue offices are asking for one.

• Like 1

Hi, just want to contribute what I search for about do visa at Consulate of thailand in Savannakhet.  Called there this morning and asked about if they issue any visas (tourism, non-0) or not since on consulate website that allows people to register to cross the border but must register with them.  They said that they do not issue any visa right now. 

Us on non o visa based on marriage cant go to savannahknet and get it so i guess we will have to wait and see what  immigration comes up with ive allready extended mine and you can only do that once so we will see

I don't really fancy going back to Australia  as they have restricted the numbers coming in and the price to go back is so expensive 

I guess i might have to go through an agent here's hoping they come up with some solution

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A medical certificate is not required for an extension of stay application. Only a very few rogue offices are asking for one.

FYI, the Surat Thani immigration office on Koh Samui however has the demand for insurance certificate on their official list for O-A extensions of stay...

37 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Us on non o visa based on marriage cant go to savannahknet and get it so i guess we will have to wait and see what  immigration comes up with ive allready extended mine and you can only do that once so we will see

I don't really fancy going back to Australia  as they have restricted the numbers coming in and the price to go back is so expensive 

I guess i might have to go through an agent here's hoping they come up with some solution

This thread of someone in similar situation as yourself, might be of interest for you.

Some options/solutions other than leaving the country are addressed.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171971-am-i-screwed-if-amnesty-not-extended/?do=findComment&comment=15598680

20 hours ago, ozz1 said:

The restrictions on numbers only apply to 2 states, not to others, but you will have to pay for your quarantine stay when you arrive in most places.

The restrictions are Australia wide now plus just looked on skyscanner and most flights are booked and the rest are 150 thousand baht so i think the agent route is the way to go but lets see what immigration comes up with first 

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

The restrictions are Australia wide now plus just looked on skyscanner and most flights are booked and the rest are 150 thousand baht so i think the agent route is the way to go but lets see what immigration comes up with first 

As you mentioned flights expensive. 

In addition number of people flying into AU will be cut by half as from monday. Also no flights to Melbourne.  In addition you will pay for your own quarantine. That won't be cheap.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Varrius said:

Just the opinion of the spokesman. He said unlikely. Just wait for an official announcement from immigration.

It has already been in other topics.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Varrius said:

Yes, stop read this stuff pls, Just await news from the goverment, and stay out of pure spekulations from uneducated thai and falang-people...

glegolo

• Thanks 1

Hello Members,

I really need help, I have been laid of in May 2020 and my visa and workpermit expired and cancelled by the employer. I don't want to go back to India until the Covid issue subside and the situation get backs to normal with Airline. I got a new job recently, but understood that within one week only it could be renewed. As it is not done the only way is to return to India and get a non-B which is almost impossible as all embassies are closed there. Back-door way some agents asked me 100K baht for each person to renew it. Due to this implications my prospective employer gave up the hope and decided to put my candidature down. Now I am jobless and amnesty is going to end on 31 July. And under-deep-mental-stress. Can I get a volunteer or some other visa to stay in Thailand. I really do't want to travel with repatriation flight and expose my family to Covid affected areas. In India also, the commute is not started to reach to my home town. Much appreciated for your help in this regard.

With Regards

1 hour ago, KimB said:

Hello Members,

I really need help, I have been laid of in May 2020 and my visa and workpermit expired and cancelled by the employer. I don't want to go back to India until the Covid issue subside and the situation get backs to normal with Airline. I got a new job recently, but understood that within one week only it could be renewed. As it is not done the only way is to return to India and get a non-B which is almost impossible as all embassies are closed there. Back-door way some agents asked me 100K baht for each person to renew it. Due to this implications my prospective employer gave up the hope and decided to put my candidature down. Now I am jobless and amnesty is going to end on 31 July. And under-deep-mental-stress. Can I get a volunteer or some other visa to stay in Thailand. I really do't want to travel with repatriation flight and expose my family to Covid affected areas. In India also, the commute is not started to reach to my home town. Much appreciated for your help in this regard.

With Regards

Hi KimB,

I am not knowledgeable in the area of WorkPermits or Non Imm B Visa.

However, if you are here on an expired Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, you might have options.

In that particular case:

- What was the expiry date of the permission to stay that Non Imm O Visa provided you?

- Did you already apply for an extension of stay after the expiry of the permission to stay you received on entry?  If so what was the reason for the extension IO gave you and what was the new permission to stay due date?

- Are you married to a thai national or have thai dependant children?

- What is your age and nationality?

- As you mention your family, are they staying with you in Thailand on 'dependant' Visa?