Parents devastated to find their child drowned near school

Tragic, so tragic  must be so heart breaking for any parent to lose a child.

Saying that, the school should act immediately to make the school safe for children.

Years ago, i would go collect my ex wifes son from kindergarten, his teacher would not allow him out of the room until i was at the door to collect him.

That should happen at every school that has kindergarten children.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK, so I thought about slinging mud...    and... I will still sling mud at the school, a lot of it. 

Sometimes its takes a minor lapse in judgement for a tragedy to occur.... this school was a tragedy waiting to happen, thats different. 

At my sons previous school I was waiting in the playground to pick him up. While waiting a tree branch fell down from about 8meter (about 50kgs estimated weight). If it had fallen on a child it could have killed them. 

I went straight to the front office and spoke with the secretaries, they said they’d pass the information on to the head. I said I want to speak with the head directly. I showed the head teacher what had happened, he immediate roped off the area and closed the playground. 

I received an e-mail from him telling me he’d had an arborist to check out all the trees and fell down any ‘questionable’ branches. 

A responsible response - though the actions should have been more proactive. Where kids are involved (well, anyone) there are no second chances towards safety.

Unfortunately water safety in Thailand is pretty poor - I mean a pond in an area with 3-4 year olds are playing unsupervised... Heck, 3-4 year olds playing unsupervised anyway - What Dhe Flook !!!! 

was the previous school in Thailand if so where did he find an arborist ?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The parents said they were not angry and understood that their children must have been mischievous

3 and 4 years old, unsupervised.  I do not understand how the parents could not blame the school...

Bloody hell what's going on here teachers should be on manslaughter charges and school burned down how can anyone forgive this abject dereliction of duty 🤔Rip failed by adults. 

6 hours ago, tracker1 said:

was the previous school in Thailand if so where did he find an arborist ?

Yes it was (an Int’l school in central BK).

I’ve no idea where they found the arborist - doubtful it was a fill educated arborist, more likely some labourers who would chop off the branches.... 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes it was (an Int’l school in central BK).

I’ve no idea where they found the arborist - doubtful it was a fill educated arborist, more likely some labourers who would chop off the branches.... 

As a qualified arborist I have never seen any work here that has ever appeared to be done by anyone qualified that's why I  asked