BANGKOK
phungo

Am I screwed if Amnesty not extended?

Current situation:

1. Have Non O ME Visa Marriage that expires Aug 15, 2020

2. I have already stupidly used my 60 day extension from April which ended end of June. I could have just waited to use it until after amnesty.

3. I have approximately 10k liquid assets that is difficult/cannot to gather into thai bank account.

4. I have been in the past year withdraw from ATM 100k baht a month for living expenses.

5. So there's no digital evidence that I deposit money into Thai bank. I can print out my US bank showing that Ive been withdrawing large amounts every month at Thai ATM to show evidence for 40k baht a month?

6. This month I will start using Transferwise to deposit into my Bangkok Bank but I heard it needs to be fir 2 months in a row in order to satisfy 1 year extension requirement?

7. What can I do or am I screwed and have to buy last minute flight back to US without my wife and 2 kids? Wife and kids have thai passports and wants to stay because Bangkok is much safer than Houston coronavirus wise.

• Haha 1

I'm going to ask here, as I'm in a similar situation and considering 2 x 40k transfers and applying for a 1-year extension.

Does it have to be on the exact same day every month? Or just once in July, once in August? 

How long is the seasoning period for a 400k deposit if I decide to do that next year?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe for your help and a glimmer of hope.

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for a 30 day or any kind of extension so I could satisfy the 40k for 2 months requirements.

(Obviously these issues I have was for the most part my fault since Im so unaware and was not diligent to research them ahead if time)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, heist said:

I'm going to ask here, as I'm in a similar situation and considering 2 x 40k transfers and applying for a 1-year extension.

Does it have to be on the exact same day every month? Or just once in July, once in August? 

How long is the seasoning period for a 400k deposit if I decide to do that next year?

Thanks in advance. 

Great question about same day each month.

Regarding the 400k seasoning. I'm quite certain it's 2 months.

does the 40k monthly have to come from abroad deposite to your bank?

4 minutes ago, clorox said:

It has to be transferred monthly into a Thai bank.

8 minutes ago, phungo said:

Great question about same day each month.

How could it arrive into your Thai bank on the same day every month. Banks are closed on weekends and holidays.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How could it arrive into your Thai bank on the same day every month. Banks are closed on weekends and holidays.

I meant it was a great question, and would like an answer. Looks like the requirements does not say it has to arrive same day.

(It is possible for it  to arrive same day of month if needed in US when I get regular deposits from employer...)

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, clorox said:

Yes it has to come from abroad. Use Transferwise directly into your Bangkok Bank. I saw in another thread that a couple of other banks is possible as well.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Good point, but the Computers abroad release funds at their set times. BKK Bank get the funds first, and can send it to the provinces fast or slow ive found.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If the amnesty is not extended there will likely be a 30 day extension you can apply for.

If you transferred at least 40k baht this month and next month that would be enough for you to apply for the one year extension.

Hi, I have enough money to transfer the 400k bht into Thailand for an extension but would prefer to transfer 40k bht every month.

Does there need to be evidence from where the 40k bht originates from?

5 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Good point, but the Computers abroad release funds at their set times. BKK Bank get the funds first, and can send it to the provinces fast or slow ive found.

The transfers go to the main office in Bangkok be be processed before they are credited to your account. Those offices are closed on weekends and holidays.

• Like 1