Am I screwed if Amnesty not extended?

2 hours ago, khunkarl said:

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-marriage-visa/

• You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).
  • Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.
  • Or, have a combination of the money cleared in a Thai bank and an annual pension totaling at least 400,000 baht.

On the last one - sounds like "Proof of deposits plus pension-statement."

2 hours ago, khunkarl said:

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-marriage-visa/

• You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).
  • Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.
  • Or, have a combination of the money cleared in a Thai bank and an annual pension totaling at least 400,000 baht.

Largely correct, but as always the devil is in the details, and of course local IOs can add/amend the requirements as they see fit.

Note: The website-title ImmigrationBankgkok can put you on the wrong foot.  The site is not affiliated with Immigration, so not official (but then the info from posters on ThaiVisa is also not official).

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Largely correct, but as always the devil is in the details, and of course local IOs can add/amend the requirements as they see fit.

Note: The website-title ImmigrationBankgkok can put you on the wrong foot.  The site is not affiliated with Immigration, so not official (but then the info from posters on ThaiVisa is also not official).

Yes, almost sounds like they are implying you can use the "combo method" for family-based, which is definitely not correct.  It is an imprecise translation, or misunderstanding.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure it would be accepted to apply for a one year extension or a application for a non immigrant visa. It should certainly be accepted for visa application.

I assume this is a 30 day visa extension you refer to. Is it safe to say that if allowed to apply for this, I can then apply for the conversion while on the 30 day extension?

3 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

Is it safe to say that if allowed to apply for this, I can then apply for the conversion while on the 30 day extension?

Immigration has done it before after a person was on the amnesty.

To get the Kor Ror 22 in order to apply for 1 year extension of marriage, I understand I need to get my foreign US marriage certificate "certify" by my US embassy.

Or is an Affidavit? What exactly is it that I need to do at my US embassy with my US marriage certificate?

(additional steps to get Kor Ror 22:

2. Get marriage cert translated by a translation service. There are many near Chaeng Watthana. Do we need to translate the embassy letter as well?

3. Translation service can then also do certification at Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

4. Wife then need to go to Amphoe to register her marriage to get Kor Ror 22.)

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has done it before after a person was on the amnesty.

HI UJ, do you remember at which IO they accepted the 30-day extension of stay.  I seem to have missed that report on the Forum, but would be good to know.

Hi to everyone.

Sorry to borrow this topic for my question. I was reading many posts about extending Non imm (marriage) visa for purpose of visiting vife (60 days) and i am a bit confused. My Non imm 0 visa already expired in june 2020 and also its more then 90 days from my last enter to Thailand. I never before extended my visa.

So can i get 60 days extension or not?

Some posts said bcos visa expired already and more then 90 days i cant get 60 days.

Thanks for all ur answeres

26 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

So can i get 60 days extension or not?

Yes you can apply for one.

Your visas expiration date mean nothing when applying for a 60 day extension. You are extending your permit to stay to not the visa.

The expiration date on a visa is only the last day you can use it to enter the country.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your visas expiration date mean nothing when applying for a 60 day extension. You are extending your permit to stay to not the visa.

The expiration date on a visa is only the last day you can use it to enter the country.

thanks so much Ubonjoe.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

So, to be clear Joe, he can get a 60 day extension even though his permission to stay has expired?

"My Non imm 0 visa already expired in june 2020 and also its more then 90 days from my last enter to Thailand"

If so, when will the permission to stay be extended until?

1. 60 days from date of application
  2. 60 days from the date of expiry of his last permission to stay
  3. 60 days from 31st July

I'm assuming it cannot be 1 as you could find yourself in the situation where you entered on the 1st Feb so had a permission to stay until 1st May, extend this by 60 days & it's already expired on 29th June!!!

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

So, to be clear Joe, he can get a 60 day extension even though his permission to stay has expired?

Yes 

I answered that question many times already.

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

If so, when will the permission to stay be extended until?

1. 60 days from date of application
  2. 60 days from the date of expiry of his last permission to stay
  3. 60 days from 31st July

It could be 1 or 3. Certainly not number 2 since they would never do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 40k+ transfers in total for each month via Transferwise to Bangkok Bank, but no single one of them is 40k or more in size. All are like 25k, 10k, 35k. 
I assume that is acceptable as long as the total per month is above 40k?

9 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

I have 40k+ transfers in total for each month via Transferwise to Bangkok Bank, but no single one of them is 40k or more in size. All are like 25k, 10k, 35k. 

You have to have a total of transfers of 480k for a year to qualify under the average income allowance allowed in the immigration order.

That might be accepted if all them were a little more or less than 40k baht that could occur due to exchange rate changes. Some offices have refused to accept the average income allowance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

As long as you transfered over 40K each and every month during the 12 months preceding your application for the 1-year extension of stay, you meet the requirements.

However, there are some rogue IOs that 'play by their own rules' and insist on a single-transfer of at least 40K every month, and some of them even want such transfers being done at approx same time of the month every month.

Obviously them having to figure out if you met the +40K requirement every month by going through your bank-book and income transfer bank-statement, will require Higher Mathematical Skills (sorry for the sarcasm) and when officer handling your application is from the lazy or dim kind, it is easier to say 'Not allowed' than just doing the small extra effort.

So I would suggest that when you apply for the 1-year extension of stay, that you already did the calculations for them, e.g. by highlighting with a color marker the monthly transfers (and using a different color for even/uneven months) on a copy of your bank-book, and/or accompanying it with an Excel overview print-out showing per month the date and amount of the transfer and the total.

You having made an effort to make IOs work easier, will surely create some goodwill to accept the financial proof of your application. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

As long as you transfered over 40K each and every month during the 12 months preceding your application for the 1-year extension of stay, you meet the requirements.

Appreciate the solid advice. I would be applying for my first 1-yr extension, so only 2 months required as far as I understand. My transfer total 100k+ both for June and July.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

2 payments of 40k should be enough for your first extension.

If you came here on 60 days to visit your wife ....... how could you have 12 months of 40k payments?

Edited by BritManToo

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So I would suggest that when you apply for the 1-year extension of stay, that you already did the calculations for them, e.g. by highlighting with a color marker the monthly transfers (and using a different color for even/uneven months) on a copy of your bank-book, and/or accompanying it with an Excel overview print-out showing per month the date and amount of the transfer and the total.

You having made an effort to make IOs work easier, will surely create some goodwill to accept the financial proof of your application. 

What is the bank letter for?

My bank manager printed out an Excel type document listing every month and the transfers.  On Bangkok Bank letterhead, stamped and signed by her. 100 b.  The IO want to see that not anything I created in fact all they wanted for verification was the bank letter and a copy of the final page of my bank book showing the balance. 

• Thanks 1

FYI:
bear in mind,its just another opinion although more trustworthy than some random TV posters opinion.  ????

NOTE: This post is not designed to scare anyone, but simply prompt foreigners, currently in Thailand, about the situation with visas. There is a list of all embassies in Thailand at the end of this article.

To be clear, the Thai government are not just going to suddenly throw people out of the country. The date for the finish of the visa amnesty has been widely publicised since the announcement of the amnesty. It is the responsibility of each foreigner to be aware of their visa situation, especially if their visa has expired during the amnesty. The Cabinet announced an extension of the visa amnesty for an additional 3 months on April 21 this year.

So, if you are a foreigner and your visa to stay in Thailand has expired, or will expire, before the July 31 date, you will, as it stands at the moment, be required to get a formal extension or leave the Kingdom. Or renew your current visa if it is ongoing.

Here are your options which you should be actively considering to avoid deportation, a fine or other possible charges…

• Contact your embassy or consulate (better to email at this time rather than appear in person). Tell them where you are and your current visa situation, and provide contact details.

• If you wish to extend your visa beyond July 31 there will probably be a cost associated and you will need supporting documentation to extend. The Thai Immigration department has already made it clear that you will probably need a letter from your embassy explaining why you need to extend your visa. This will need to be arranged before you apply for an extension with Thai Immigration. If your visa simply needs to be renewed it should be a much easier procedure.

• Check out possible outbound flights to your home country, including connecting flights from the airlines that are currently leaving Bangkok. BE VERY CAREFUL booking any flights immediately as there have been many, many cases of airlines scheduling flights out of Thailand that end up cancelled and leaving prospective passengers out of pocket and an extended wait for a refund. We would recommend contacting the actual airlines to make bookings rather booking through aggregation sites. Your air fares back home could be quite expensive.

• If the Thai government doesn’t extend the July 31 deadline there will likely be queues and delays in the last few days before the visa amnesty finishes. So the earlier you can gets your personal visa situation clarified, opportunities explored and an exit strategy in place, the better.

• If you are required to do 90 day reporting, and you haven’t reported during the amnesty, you should do so – online or in person – before July 31.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/visa-amnesty-looming-july-31-deadline-in-thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

2 payments of 40k should be enough for your first extension.

If you came here on 60 days to visit your wife ....... how could you have 12 months of 40k payments?

In his original post he didn't specify his Visa situation, so he could have been on a 1-year extension of stay of his Non Imm O marriage Visa, and in that case he would have to prove 12 months of +40K income transfers each and every month (with foreign origins proven) at the moment of application for a prolongation of his 1-year extension of stay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What is the bank letter for?

My bank manager printed out an Excel type document listing every month and the transfers.  On Bangkok Bank letterhead, stamped and signed by her. 100 b.  The IO want to see that not anything I created in fact all they wanted for verification was the bank letter and a copy of the final page of my bank book showing the balance. 

He used multiple transfers instead of a single +40K transfer, so If the Bank statement shows his foreign income transfers for each month as well as the TOTAL per month, there would be no need to do the calculations (a simple add-up) beforehand.

A copy of such a bank-statement with the TOTALS per month pre-calculated, would ease the Immigration Officers 'work' (strange as it may seem, but some thai officials need a calculator to figure out that a transfer of 12K, 30K and 25K in the same month is more than the required 40K)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe, after i get the 60 day extension can i at the end of that apply for 1 year extension also or not? (it would be my first 1 year extension)

In this 2 months i would wire 40k+ into my thai account as i saw that would be sufficient. I saw that bank account has to be only on my name for 400K in thai bank for 2 months. Is that the same if i go for 40k+ (wage) requirement ? The account is on mine and wifes name.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

Ubonjoe, after i get the 60 day extension can i at the end of that apply for 1 year extension also or not? (it would be my first 1 year extension)

Yes

11 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

n this 2 months i would wire 40k+ into my thai account as i saw that would be sufficient. I saw that bank account has to be only on my name for 400K in thai bank for 2 months. Is that the same if i go for 40k+ (wage) requirement ? The account is on mine and wifes name.

The account has to be in your name only for the 40k baht income option.

14 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

In this 2 months i would wire 40k+ into my thai account as i saw that would be sufficient. I saw that bank account has to be only on my name for 400K in thai bank for 2 months. Is that the same if i go for 40k+ (wage) requirement ? The account is on mine and wifes name.

Thanks

Depending on where you are living and what country you are from. Some immigration offices will only accept proof of income if you have a letter from your embassy.

I know the UK and US embassies don't issue these letters.

I was told by Chiang Mai immigration for example that I would have to have the 400K if I did not have a letter from my embassy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

For sake of clarity > To meet the financial requirements when applying for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage when opting for the 40K monthly-income transfer method:

- You would need to show at least a +40K transfer in each of the two months preceding your application.  Please note that some IOs - incorrectly - require 3 of such monthly transfers;

- You would need to provide evidence that those +40K transfer originated from abroad;

- You might be asked to also provide evidence of the SOURCE of that foreign income.

Thanks  for all the help guys.

Before i go apply for an extension can u tell me about TM30. I never did it before and no one ever asked for it from me. I always did border runs every 90 days. I read when doing extension they might ask for it. (get fined if dont have it).  Do i need to do that? What i have to do ? Sorry i know nothing about this but never need this so dont know nothing about it.

1 hour ago, Zategnenc said:

Before i go apply for an extension can u tell me about TM30. I never did it before and no one ever asked for it from me. I always did border runs every 90 days. I read when doing extension they might ask for it. (get fined if dont have it).  Do i need to do that? What i have to do ? Sorry i know nothing about this but never need this so dont know nothing about it.

You should have a completed TM30 form ready to submit. They may not be fine you since the regulation was recently changed.

You can complete it as the tenant but you will probably need copies of the owners house book and card signed by them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zategnenc said:

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to do the TM30 notification on-line.  You would first need to register and then you can file your TM30 on-line.  It's not difficult (if you know how to do it).  After registering it takes between 5 minutes and 5 working days before you get the required username:password, so worth doing it if your planned visit to IO is not today but in a couple of days.

> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

34 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to do the TM30 notification on-line

But he will not be able to do it today. 

*** Announcement
Online service has temporarily closed for maintenance from 16 July 2020 (00.01 AM) to 17 July 2020 (05.00 AM)
Sorry for any inconvenience. ***

Edit: Another point is that since the regulations have changed it might not be worth the effort to register for it since a report is only needed if your address is changed. No need now for most people since they are no longer required if you leave and re-enter the country or if a hotel reports your stay.

• Thanks 1