Am I screwed if Amnesty not extended?

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But he will not be able to do it today. 

*** Announcement
Online service has temporarily closed for maintenance from 16 July 2020 (00.01 AM) to 17 July 2020 (05.00 AM)
Sorry for any inconvenience. ***

Edit: Another point is that since the regulations have changed it might not be worth the effort to register for it since a report is only needed if your address is changed. No need now for most people since they are no longer required if you leave and re-enter the country or if a hotel reports your stay.

I never did TM30 before.  You think i dont need to bother with it ? U think they wont make problems when i come to extend  my Non imm visa for 60 days (visiting wife) ?

24 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

I never did TM30 before.  You think i dont need to bother with it ? U think they wont make problems when i come to extend  my Non imm visa for 60 days (visiting wife) ?

They might ask for a TM30 if they don't have a record of one being done that shows your current address.

You or your wife could do one as the tenant for your residence. Or you could check with your landlord and ask them to do one.

• 1 month later...

On 7/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, Zategnenc said:

Ubonjoe, after i get the 60 day extension can i at the end of that apply for 1 year extension also or not? (it would be my first 1 year extension)

On 7/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Please can somebody explain why this is possible? I could not find any info on immigration website.

I'm asking because I have to apply for my 60 day extension but have already transfered +40K the last two month. So I am not sure what to do. I would prefer 60 day extension first and after that doing the one year extension. Then I have enough time to get the income letter from the German Embassy also.

But I'm worry if I use the 60 day extension now and at the end I apply for one year extension they will say "Sorry, you have already used your extension. You have 7 days to exit Thailand."

28 minutes ago, Steelhammer said:

Please can somebody explain why this is possible? I could not find any info on immigration website.

It is possible if you have a non-o visa entry. Many people have done it already.

31 minutes ago, Steelhammer said:

But I'm worry if I use the 60 day extension now and at the end I apply for one year extension they will say "Sorry, you have already used your extension. You have 7 days to exit Thailand."

It is about a standard procedure for people to get the 60 day extension and then the one year extension of stay. There is no rule that prevents you being able to do it.

• Thanks 1

What does one do to get an embassy letter if their country has no consulate/representation in Thailand?

I am a Dominica citizen (not the republic). Dominica, along with the majority of other Caribbean nations doesn't have an embassy here. I have, however, contacted the Jamaica consulate for instance, and they cannot assist as I am not a citizen. As a last resort I've reached out to the British Embassy but I'm doubtful.

Have nowhere else to go but my next/destination country, which is Singapore (I am a valid Work Pass holder), but Singapore requires entry approval to be obtained online prior to entry. Been applying for approval daily for weeks now & am rejected everyday - worried about overstaying if I don't get approved by the 26th. Singapore Embassy also cannot assist as I am not a citizen, just told me to keep trying.

Could I have a shot if I take an application with 1900B along with the dozens of rejection letters I've received to apply for the 30-day extension (which I am eligible for on my TR.60 stamp) & hope for a friendly I/O or am I wasting my time?

Edited by tabbycat

46 minutes ago, Steelhammer said:

1 - Please can somebody explain why this is possible? I could not find any info on immigration website.

2 - I'm asking because I have to apply for my 60 day extension but have already transfered +40K the last two month. So I am not sure what to do. I would prefer 60 day extension first and after that doing the one year extension. Then I have enough time to get the income letter from the German Embassy also.

3 - But I'm worry if I use the 60 day extension now and at the end I apply for one year extension they will say "Sorry, you have already used your extension. You have 7 days to exit Thailand."

1 - It is standard procedure. When the permission to stay from your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry almost expires, you need to apply for an extension of stay.

And you have 3 options there:

a) Apply for the (once per entry) 30-day extension of stay your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitles your to;

b) Apply for the (once per entry) 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependent child;

c) Apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for any reason you qualify for (retirement / marriage / dependent child / other).

>> Choosing one option of these 3 does not invalidate the other options.  Since the 90-days Non Imm O Visa also has financial conditions to be met, it is often chosen last in order to prepare to meet those financial conditions.

2 - Unfortunately it is not fully clear whether your IO will accept one or more transfers of +40K when applying for the the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  Previously this was 'standard practice'.  But it seems that several IOs have changed the earlier policy/procedure and are now requiring 12 months of +40K transfers in order to be able to apply.  This 12 month requirement is now required at several IOs for those on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa and that are now applying for the 1-year extension of stay to be able to stay in the country. 

So you should enquire at your local IO whether this 'new practice' is also applicable for you who is now applying FIRST TIME from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa for the Non Imm O Visa and subsequent 1-year extension of stay.  If IO follows 'regular procedure' it should be no problem, but you might encounter a rogue IO which will not accept 1 or more monthly income transfers of +40K for the Non Imm O Visa and subsequently at least 2 or 3 of such monthly income transfers for the 1-year extension of stay.

>> Also please not that when you are eligible for the German Embassy issued income letter, there is NO need to do any monthly income transfers.  That letter in itself is sufficient as proof that you meet the financial requirements.  IO might request you to provide evidence of the SOURCE of that monthly foreign income, but that would not be any problem as it is the same evidence which you showed the German Embassy staff to get your income letter.

3 - No need to worry about that.  Many applicants first use the 30-day and/or 60-day extensions of stay in order to 'buy time' to meet the financial requirements for the 90-day extension of stay they are planning to do. E.g. if they are not eligible for the Embassy income-letter (because their Embassy does not issue such letters) they would need to get hold of 400K to meet the funds-in-bank method.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

I am a Dominica citizen (not the republic). Dominica, along with the majority of other Caribbean nations doesn't have an embassy here. I have, however, contacted the Jamaica consulate for instance, and they cannot assist as I am not a citizen. As a last resort I've reached out to the British Embassy but I'm doubtful.

Perhaps contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Dominica. Contact info can be found on this page.

http://dominica.gov.dm/government-directory

30 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

Could I have a shot if I take an application with 1900B along with the dozens of rejection letters I've received to apply for the 30-day extension (which I am eligible for on my TR.60 stamp) & hope for a friendly I/O or am I wasting my time?

You could try that again and try to explain you do not have a embassy or consulate here or anywhere nearby.

45 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

I think you are confusing the 'regular' 30-days extension of stay your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitles you to, with the Embassy letter supported 'special' 30-days extension of stay for those that are unable to return to their home-country.

The once-per-entry regular 30-days extension of stay, based on your Tourist Visa entry does not require any Embassy letter.  When applying for it, it will be provided with start-date 27 September.

Note: There are some rogue IOs that don't want to handle such 30-day extension of stay using the bogus excuse that you are not on a valid permission to stay.

Luckily there is also a recent report from Ubon Ratchathani IO, where the IO did provide such regular 30-day extension of stay to an applicant in similar circumstances like yourself.

So if your local IO is of the 'rogue' kind, simply make a trip to Ubon IO where the regular procedures are still honored and have not gone out of the window.

> In a post last week I inserted a step-by-step instruction on how to do it.  Let me know if you need it, when your local IO is unwilling to provide you with the regular 30-day extension of stay your Tourist Visa entry entitles you to.

Perhaps contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Dominica. Contact info can be found on this page.

.. try to explain you do not have a embassy or consulate here or anywhere nearby

--

So if your local IO is of the 'rogue' kind, simply make a trip to Ubon IO where the regular procedures are still honored and have not gone out of the window.

Thanks for the advice @ubonjoe & @Peter Denis - will reach out to MFA Dominica and go to Chaengwattana in the meantime to try to extend, insisting I have no embassy to represent me and am being denied entry into my country of residence (with the rejection letters specifically stating the COVID situation as the reason). If that has no success, guess a trip to Ubon I/O will have to be the way to go.

(and if somehow that doesn't work either.. the very last resort is just staying a few days past the 26th, or until whenever I get approved to enter Singapore, and coughing up the fine upon departure at the airport, but hope it doesn't come down to that).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

If that has no success, guess a trip to Ubon I/O will have to be the way to go.

Hope you will be successful at CW, but if not below the info on applying at Ubon Ratchathani IO.

It's a fully legit way out if you did NOT yet use your 'regular' 30-day extension of stay your Tourist Visa entry entitles you to, and it is simply a matter of you applying for that extension at a different province with a more accommodating IO than yours.

The link to the recent post attached below confirms that Ubon Ratchathani IO were willing to provide an applicant that entered on a Tourist Visa months ago (obviously already long time under the Amnesty extension since then) with the 30-days extension of stay such Tourist Visa (or Visa Exempt) entry, entitles you to. 

Once you have that 'valid' 30 days extension of stay, you could then even if you wish to stay longer, simply apply again at CW IO for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.

So, if you did not use your 'regular' 30-day extension of stay application yet, it is simply a matter of doing the follow:

1 - Book a flight or drive to Ubon Ratchathani, the day before applying there.

2 - Check into a Hotel the night before (I highly recommend the Nartsiri residence - best value hotel I have ever stayed in)

3 - Ask for a copy of the TM-30 notification that every Hotel has to make when you - a foreigner - staying at their hotel

4 - With that TM-30 copy, your passport, application form for the extension of stay and 1.900 THB, go to Ubon Ratchathani IO and apply for the 30-days extension of stay (which you did not use yet, and which your Tourist Visa entitles you to).

Note: As a 'tourist' you are free to stay in Thailand wherever you want (and the hotel you stayed is thus your place of residence, which IO will want when applying for the extension)

5 - In case you want to stay longer > Return to CW IO with that 'valid' permission to stay (it will be provided till 25 October - see attached link) and you have then ample time to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (needs to be done with at least 15 days left on your permission to stay).

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180274-i-got-my-30-days-extension-denied-today/?do=findComment&comment=15774394

Note: You can make the trip to Ubon Ratchathani yourself, or even make it a holiday break with your family as Ubon is a very nice Isaan city to explore.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tabbycat said:

What does one do to get an embassy letter if their country has no consulate/representation in Thailand?

I am a Dominica citizen (not the republic). Dominica, along with the majority of other Caribbean nations doesn't have an embassy here.

In case you want (or have to) go home, it is possible to get to Dominica now.  The borders are open now.  I know it is possible to get to nearby Barbados on connecting flights with british airways from bangkok, and you can get a flight to Dominica from there.  I was considering the caribbean as an option after amnesty ends.  

32 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

(and if somehow that doesn't work either.. the very last resort is just staying a few days past the 26th, or until whenever I get approved to enter Singapore, and coughing up the fine upon departure at the airport, but hope it doesn't come down to that).

You say Singapore is your country of residence?

I have several friends who hold residence and work permits for Singapore and who were allowed to return. What is your status there?

7 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

You say Singapore is your country of residence?

I have several friends who hold residence and work permits for Singapore and who were allowed to return. What is your status there?

Work Pass holder (with a valid IPA). Were any approved to return from Thailand lately?

I'm on a couple of FB groups with thousands of SG residents around the world sharing their experiences trying to get back, and approvals seem to be completely random. Nobody can determine if there are any key 'factors' for a successful/rejected application for entry - unless the country you're coming from is a COVID hotspot, e.g. almost everyone coming from India gets denied. My rejection letters cite the COVID situation as the reason too, even though Thailand has no cases of local transmission, so could also just be generic wording being used.

Edited by tabbycat

7 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

Work Pass holder (with a valid IPA). Were any approved to return from Thailand lately?

I'm on a couple of FB groups with thousands of SG residents around the world sharing their experiences trying to get back, and approvals seem to be completely random. Nobody can determine if there are any key 'factors' for a successful/rejected application for entry - unless the country you're coming from is a COVID hotspot, e.g. almost everyone coming from India gets denied. My rejection letters cite the COVID situation as the reason too, even though Thailand has no cases of local transmission, so could also just be generic wording being used.

Several countries but I guess it largely depends on the employer and position.

The employer needs to request your re-entry:

https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e3cbabee41f590012014e91

15 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Several countries but I guess it largely depends on the employer and position.

The employer needs to request your re-entry:

https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e3cbabee41f590012014e91

cheers. on a Personalised Work Pass (am my own employer) so I apply for myself through a different form. Surely they wouldn't be picking & choosing people who can enter based on the type of pass they have.. but you're right, probably depends on industry, whether you're essential/non-essential etc.

• 2 months later...

The 60 days extension of my Non-O ME ends on 22nd November. How long before I have to apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage?

I have an income letter from my Embassy and can also show +40k Baht transfer with TransferWise for the last 4 month.

The income letter from the Embassy is dated on 3rd November.

Can I go to IO on 16th or 17th November or is this too late?

Edited by Steelhammer

19 minutes ago, Steelhammer said:

Can I go to IO on 16th or 17th November or is this too late?

No it is not to late. There is no minimum number of days to apply for the extension other the last day.

Just be sure you have all the required documents prepared on the day you apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:23 AM, Steelhammer said:

I have an income letter from my Embassy and can also show +40k Baht transfer with TransferWise for the last 4 month.

The income letter from the Embassy is dated on 3rd November.

Do I also need a bank guarantee of the monthly income transfer or is an updated bankbook plus the TransferWise statements enough?

11 minutes ago, Steelhammer said:

Do I also need a bank guarantee of the monthly income transfer or is an updated bankbook plus the TransferWise statements enough?

Since you have proof of your income from your embassy you may not need any proof of your income going into a Thai bank. That would depend upon the office where you apply.

If needed only your bank book showing the transfers should be enough if they are shown as international transfers. If not proof of the transfers from transferwise should be enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you have proof of your income from your embassy you may not need any proof of your income going into a Thai bank. That would depend upon the office where you apply.

If needed only your bank book showing the transfers should be enough if they are shown as international transfers. If not proof of the transfers from transferwise should be enough.

Thank you very much, ubonjoe.