Problem with Thai e-visa system - can not book date with London Embassy

Hi 

I am UK citizen with Thai Mrs, we are looking to travel to Thailand in Aug/Sep.

I understand from the embassy the first step if for me to get a tourist visa.

I am applying for the Tourist Visa through the e-visa system https://thaievisa.go.th

I get to the step where I have completed and validated all the details and now need to book an appointment with the London Embassy.

The system gives me a date range of approx. 8 weeks.

I have clicked on every date and I get and error for each date of either:-

Alert message!  Booking Date Is Holiday !

or 

Alert message!  Submission not Supported !

I have tried different browsers, started the whole process from scratch, emailed the Thai e-visa support team (no response), emailed the London Embassy (no no response), called the UK Thai embassy (no response), texted the Thai Embassy Mobile number (no response).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RichLondon.

1 minute ago, treetops said:

Can you mail it in instead?  I never attended personally for a visa booked through this system (although I vaguely recall it as an option).

Hi Treetops

My understanding is that visa applications are only accepted through the e-visa system.

My next option is to go to the embassy in person.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in London is not accepting visa applications.

image.png.9ee135c277841a6a8684fb3b3e34113b.png

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/

Hi ubonJoe

I emailed the embassy for instructions on how to travel with the Mrs.

They sent me the following (I am at step 3) which points me to the e-visa sytem:

"For family members of Thai nationals (spouse/child/parent)

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, spouse or child or parent of a Thai national can apply for the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

Required documents, which must be submitted by email to [email protected] : 

1. Statement of your purpose and urgent need to go to Thailand

2. Your passport copy and your spouse's or child’s or your parent's passport copy

3. A copy of your Thai visa (if already expired, you have to apply for a new one)

4. Copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate

5. Copy of air ticket *

6. Covid-free heath certificate *

7. Fit to fly health certificate *

8. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD

9. Hotel booking for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) at one of the hotels approved by the Thai authorities. 

10. Other supporting documents (if any), such as if you own a property in Thailand

11. Declaration form

* If you have urgent need to travel, and your flight is within 72 hours, you must submit the documents in (5) - (7) with your request. If your flight is more than 72 hours away, you may submit these documents when you apply for visa or before the Certificate of Entry will be issued. Please note that the Thai authorities in Bangkok reserve the rights to request more documents as deemed appropriate.

Once approved, the Embassy will inform you, then you would need to make sure you have all necessary documents before flying to Thailand, as mentioned below, and send a copy to the Embassy to issue a Certificate of Entry to Thailand.

If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa after you have been notified above. Please see our visa page for more detail.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

What you need to present at airlines check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:

1. The Certificate of Entry 

2. Declaration form (with updated flight)

3. Fit to Fly health certificate (within 72 hours before departure) 

4. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure

5. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD

6. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel

7. T.8 form 

Edited by RichLondon
add info

looks like no applications being accepted at this time.  Maybe later but alot of things including international flights and entry into Thailand are all up in the air at the moment. 

As Ubonjoe mentioned .... services are suspended.

3 minutes ago, RichLondon said:

It looks like there is a process in place to travel at the moment but only if you have an existing travel visa.

In your case the non-o visa application and fee would be part of process to get your certificate of entry.

They are not processing normal visa applications. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In your case the non-o visa application and fee would be part of process to get your certificate of entry.

They are not processing normal visa applications. 

Hi Ubonjoe

ok so I apply for the certificate of entry first and the visa will follow, that makes sense - I will try that.

Getting the flight and the health documents all together 3 days before the travel and gaining embassy approval is going to be very tricky.

RL

45 minutes ago, RichLondon said:

3. A copy of your Thai visa (if already expired, you have to apply for a new one)

You should talk to them about it and send your visa application a per the above.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should talk to them about it and send your visa application a per the above.

Yes that is where I started from, the links point me at the e-visa system where I am now stuck.

I did manage to talk to the embassy last week, but general confusion.

I will progress the travel certificate route and see where I get too.

From what I can make out it appears that the embassy has a queue of people that are being allocated to flights. I do not understand how the queue process and the flight booking and the health checks all come together.

another journey of discovery ????

The London embassy replied to a text about my evisa system problem - "sorry, we are updating website and Visa system due to new requirements. So please wait until next week" 

In the meantime I have submitted by email what I have for the Certificate of entry.

I am waiting...……….

I had the same problem earlier in the day. I was able to book an appointment for next week. There were only 5 slots a day and for next week only at the time. It's a shame there was no postage option but happy enough to go along in person to get everything square. they can probably post my passport back, hope so anyway.

Edited by UKLeeW