Singapore mandates state-quarantine for Thais but not other harder-hit countries

CLS

The Singaporean government has mandated that all Thai arrivals to the city-state must undergo 14-day mandatory state quarantine before being allowed into the city.

Singapore, which has 45,298 cases, said that Thais must serve their “Stay-Home Notice” at dedicated government SHN facilities.

However, arrivals from China (83,581 cases), Germany (198,765 cases), and Japan (20,174), among other countries, will only need to be tested upon arrival and do not have to carry out their SHN in government facilities.

Thailand was not included in a list of exemptions despite having only 3,197 cases.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/15384/singapore-mandates-state-quarantine-for-thais-but-not-other-harder-hit-countries/

• Confused 1

Someone doesn’t believe the figures of a Military Government which forcefully took over power with a Military Coup, a country which continued to receive tens of thousands of Chinese during the onset the of the outbreak and is statistically outlier regarding covid-19 numbers and deaths..... 

Hmm... thats ‘gotta smart’ !!! 

• Haha 1

I found this news quite interesting. Singapore throwing shade at Thailand? Many are skeptical that the Thai covid statistics are as good as stated but I have come to trust if there is any local transmission it is quite low and controlled. Otherwise we'd hear about hospitals overflowing. It seems to me that Singapore is dissing their "3rd world" cousin Thailand which I think is arrogant but who cares what I think.