Follow seven steps for a safe return to Thailand

snoop1130

And YET, with all this there are still returned thai people how comes back infected with the covid virus, somehow the airlines and the authorities in the country of departure have all, for some reason, allowed infected passengers to board the aircraft, that i don't understand...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly this looks to me like they are trying to get as much money as possible. I assume you get charged for the tests. Do you think needing to prove $100,000 in insurance coverage will put many off... seems alot. I flew into Hong Kong week ago all the tests in the one night stay in the hotel all paid for by the government and I am doing a home quarantine with a wristband. I heard from someone who stayed at the hotel in Thailand and said it was a miserable experience. I’m not sure why they can’t do the wristband thing in Thailand

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Why would Thailand give a free flight to repatriate a foreigner to their home country?

I checked Qatar for a flight bangkok to Sydney, price was Bt.296,000.00 for a flight next week.

I thought this was about coming BACK to Thailand, not escaping.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

A hint of xenophobia, anyone?

That's perfectly normal to require foreigners to be covered by insurance especially in this economical climate. I think its prudent to get myself one even if I'm not required to. Most countries are obliged to take care of their citizens. I don't think Thailand is in any state to pick up the tab for foreigners who fall ill nor should they be obligated to. If any of you have issues why not just stick to your motherland? If it's to see your family, families all over the world are being kept apart due to covid, not only in Thailand. I haven't seen my wife for almost four months because the quarantine period just makes it impossible for me to leave my business that long. A lot of Flights are at least 5 to 10 times more than before as well, if you are able to get them. If you are grumbling about insurance then you shouldn't be contemplating traveling now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mark131v said:

More flaming hoops than Billy Smart's circus.....

There is a few hoops, how does it compare with other countries that are opening up and allowing international visitors ?

• Sad 3

thats has many error and fail what not totally need do.why need contact embassy ? newer not need, why need book ower price expensive hotel 14 day guarantee no need if go traight buss and home,can stay in own home and wait 14day. only idiot pay owerprize goverment confirmed thief price hotel, why .not need hotel if go to home. if you has test homeland why need test in thailand again only thief again money, idiot pay thats. totally idiot has made this rules.

13 hours ago, Lingba said:

so interesting that Thais don't have to go through all the hoops except get a fit to fly paper...this must be one smart virus that can obviously pick and choose who it will infect and who not....obviously Thais returning home won't be affected..only farangs...Thais are bullet proof...

Who tells you that Thais do not have to do ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

We can just sit back and see how many others think it "sounds reasonable." 

Proof will be in the numbers.  I am sure the immigration queues will be back to 1 hour wait in no time.

I just love good sarcasm!! Great !

17 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

thats has many error and fail what not totally need do.why need contact embassy ? newer not need, why need book ower price expensive hotel 14 day guarantee no need if go traight buss and home,can stay in own home and wait 14day. only idiot pay owerprize goverment confirmed thief price hotel, why .not need hotel if go to home. if you has test homeland why need test in thailand again only thief again money, idiot pay thats. totally idiot has made this rules.

Erm... can somebody else pls help the group of Finns out of the bar... :burp:

• Haha 1

From the UK - Embassy info: 

Repat flights on 19th 26th with Eva Air

Eco Full. Business £2500

ASQ seems to be selling out, cheapest 4 are full. 

Need to have covid checks, Fit 2 Fly cert & all docs at Check-in. 

it’s expensive... but what’s the value of time with family? 

• Like 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Eco Full. Business £2500

repat flights, Are you thai ?

• Like 1

1. COE from Embassy/Consulate:  how long will this take?  I have read from some it can take 2 weeks?  This will mean the first Covid 19 Test will not be enough.  A second Covid 19 Test will then be required within 72 hours of departure.  Even though documents can be submitted online, its does not appear to be seamless process? 

2. Booking AQS(Alternative Quarantine Site) website is only in Thai and I could not find the tab for English?  

3.  It also sounds like two Covid 19 tests will be administered during the 14 day quarantine?  

All in all this will be a costly endeavor just to enter or return?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

1. COE from Embassy/Consulate:  how long will this take?  I have read from some it can take 2 weeks?  This will mean the first Covid 19 Test will not be enough.  A second Covid 19 Test will then be required within 72 hours of departure.  Even though documents can be submitted online, its does not appear to be seamless process? 

2. Booking AQS(Alternative Quarantine Site) website is only in Thai and I could not find the tab for English?  

3.  It also sounds like two Covid 19 tests will be administered during the 14 day quarantine?  

All in all this will be a costly endeavor just to enter or return?  

Covid test not require for submission of COE

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Eco Full. Business £2500

repat flights, Are you thai ?

I’ve eaten insects - does that count ??? 

Piggybacking on a repatriation flight, if that helps with the semantics....

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

1. COE from Embassy/Consulate:  how long will this take?  I have read from some it can take

1. Unknown at this point. Everyone is anxiously waiting to hear back from their embassy/consulate. Hopefully we'll get a better idea in the next few weeks.

2. https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thais shouldn’t have to do anything at all to come home. It’s madness that their own government makes their own people jump through hoops just to come to their homeland. 

And legitimate family members of Thais should be prioritized after Thai citizens or at the same time as thai citizens. 

I also expect that many countries with reciprocate Thailand’s entry policy towards Thais wanting to visit their country as well. 

It’s all madness but you know what? I think the thai gov has been wanting this for a long time and Covid is just the excuse they needed. 

Thai nationals first and then residents and taxpayers, with spouses and family next in line. Absolutely as it should be.

The Thais got their priorities 100% correct IMO. 

The Thai mentality will be thus: the foreigner is married to a Thai, living in Thailand, why is he not working here? I experienced it before myself when I worked offshore and used Thailand as a base. They simply can't and won't understand why you are in and out all the time. If you are old, then they will automatically think you married a sex worker as you are past your sell-by-date. 

Given there's a large percentage of males that marry to stay in the country and a large percentage that married sex workers I wouldn't say you were wrong about the Thai govt. wanting to get rid of us. 

Retirees, duped elite visa holders and property owners are s*** out of luck. Caveat emptor.

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

7 reasons that will kill the return of tourists... Good luck resorts hope you survive until next year.

Is that really a bad thing?  Expats have complained for years that there are too many tourists and tour buses ... First it was overrun with Russians (hence little Russia on Pratamnak) and then it was the Chinese with the buses and organized tours where they follow the lead duck.

????

How many of us are going to sit-it-out?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Eco Full. Business £2500

It wasn't enough value to stop folk leaving at the start of, or during a global pandemic apparently. 

What will you do if you have to go back to work again in two months' time? 

You may find you have to repeat this whole rigmarole all over again!