Follow seven steps for a safe return to Thailand

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Outbound flight

Bangkok  Sydney

Save up to THB 15645.00 when you pay using Cash + Qmiles.

Book with Qmiles >

Lowest fare available

More datescalendar

7 days calender

Sun , 12 Julfrom THB 330800.00

Mon , 13 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Tue , 14 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Wed , 15 Jul 2020from THB 329695.00Currently selected

Thu , 16 Julfrom THB 330800.00

Fri , 17 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Sat , 18 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Sort by:PriceDurationDeparture timeArrival time

Filterfilter

Departure  Arrival

Sort by:Sort by:PriceSort by:DurationSort by:Departure timeSort by:Arrival time

Filter        Filter        

Departure  Arrival

Business

19:25 BKKBangkokQR 0835 Airbus A350-900Operated by: Qatar Airways 22h 0m1 Stop(s) 20:25 SYD+1 daySydneyQR 0908 Airbus A350-1000Operated by: Qatar Airways for moreFlight detailsclick here

A lot of flights are getting cancelled because there’s insufficient load and they are unable to sell sufficient seats, unless sponsored by government. 

At those prices, i believe the take up wouldn’t be great... I’m not speaking for anyone else but heck, i dont have that kind of money to get a plane ticket. I dont know many other folks who would stump up that kind of money when the alternative is using the money in hand to remain in Australia (Sydney). 

• Like 1

My Thai wife has got a repatriation flight back to Thailand via London Embassy on 19 July with EVA.  Cost economy £708. She has to report to Embassy by appointment on 17 July where I am assured she will obtain:

1.  Certificate of Entry

2.  Fit to fly  Certificate

3.  COVID Certificate

i am assuming she will be tested at that time .  Fingers crossed.  Not sure when I will join her... probably January !

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

Great, I'm allowed back in!

Or I would be if wasnt in Thailand already.

But how many more announcements about the rules do we need, each one provoking several pages of comments on thaivisa?

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

Great, I'm allowed back in!

Or I would be if wasnt in Thailand already.

But how many more announcements about the rules do we need, each one provoking several pages of comments on thaivisa?

I wonder how unmarried father's carry a birth certificate of their child with them when they travel abroad to prove this for use on their return?

Or perhaps it is up to the mother to go to the authorities with the certificate for further processing so that it eventually gets to the immigration officers at Swampy and is available on the day of arrival?  Sounds an impossible situation to me!

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Of course, everyone has different priorities and circumstances but as for me...I have NO reason to leave Thailand nor desire to do so. I have visited over 70 countries and lived longer than one year in several of them.

I have yet to find paradise on earth but for me....Thailand, although far from perfect,  is just fine and I am happy to be here.  WOW! A comment with no snide remarks, criticisms or complaints!!!!!

The LOS is, and has been, my second home for a long time. I am happy to be here.    

How lucky you are.

Do you, from your privileged position, be able to understand the problem of other one (who also love Thailand and have a life there from 10 years already with a Thaï family) who can not paid expensive price of these specific state hotel (32 000 THB at first minimum price up to more than 100 000 THB for 2 weeks, without food... food you will not be able to go search outside, but the expensive one they will force you to buy if you want to eat).

I'm ok to understand and paid around 1200 THB every month for an expensive insurance due to the situation, but i have some other alternative to be in quarantine at home with my own family who want also to come to bring me up at airport (usualy, i go by bus to the north of Thailand).

I need my family and my family need me, but this Thailand decisions make things expensive and for many families (Thaï or composed ones) an other one problem is coming right now.

The nice Thailand you know about (some other older Thaïland lover know other way of Thailand also) can suddenly change to a very poor and not secure country, and you, the farang, will be the first target. It is also like that all over the world when humans want to have a life but no job, no money to survive.

We, many farang (but not all), are thinking that there is many other way to practice to get safety without kill economy or be selective on rich farang people only to be able to come back home (a home i have to finish to build also...).

Has you can see, for some high class society humans there, business one can go without quarantine... some other can paid expensive price in 5 stars hotel (do you think more stars is safer ?). i'm very happy for them and this is a proof that there is some other solutions in practice (i would prefer also to be locked in a little room 2 weeks for a cheaper price near to no price in a temple... would be very happy to find an other not so expensive way to go in). and in practice, these solutions are for special people (money first). Who can effectively deny this fact everybody can see ?

Do you deny facts ? It is annoying.

13 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Where on earth can one find a US$ 100,000 COVID-19 specific insurance policy valid in Thailand? 

you no need to find an insurance in Thailand. You can find one from your own country, but it should cover at minimum of 100 000 USD and be specific to Asian area covered (for myself, out of Europe, and not USA). I find actually 7 who do that in my country, the cheapest actually is around 44 € / month (depend of some criteria of your situation and the insurance, the price can be different 4 times upper).

Yes, need to add many money for go back home in Thailand, to much for my situation if i want next to have a life and build something. It becomes a no way to go actually. If to long, i'm on the way to consider to change our life, make my wife coming and sale our land and home in Thailand (who is not finish because i can not come back home now to finish the job... have to stay closer to the construction if i want this home to be solid without any cracks in the next 2 years...).

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

They don't want to go to other countries, they want to come to Thailand, many to re-unite with their families, its distressing to them but entertainment to you.

Surely some must be considering flying their families out of Thailand given the current uncertainty?

I certainly would be. 

i JUST won't go to Thailand (as much as I'd like to) until the rules 'ease up' to something like my last visit (normal entry). I love to visit Thailand. I LOVE THE THAI PEOPLE (several especially well), BUT I 'HATE' the 'rulers in charge' and how the rich and army has no cencern for the poor but seem to love the 'communists' in CHINA........

Thailand isn't the same as years gone by..... BUT heaven help us..... Neither is the USA, CHINA, RUSSIA, PAKISTAN. To mention a FEW.                     BUT.... Thailand under this present regime is "hoarding massive amounts of money for the militare --- (Military equipment and 'Submarines', while the 'POOR' citizens get near nothing).   Thailand is LOSING 'ME'as a 'return TOURIST'........

The present Thai regime is nothing more than a 'suction-cup' for 'our/everybody's' money.      THEIR POOR ARE PITIFUL. No (or very little) government money spent for schools and lunches, for feeding the poor and elderly       OR ANYTHING that don't benefit the ARMY and the RICH.........

43 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

My Thai wife has got a repatriation flight back to Thailand via London Embassy on 19 July with EVA.  Cost economy £708. She has to report to Embassy by appointment on 17 July where I am assured she will obtain:

1.  Certificate of Entry

2.  Fit to fly  Certificate

3.  COVID Certificate

i am assuming she will be tested at that time .  Fingers crossed.  Not sure when I will join her... probably January !

Has your wife made an appointment with a doctor as only a doctor can issue Fit to fly  Certificate and   COVID Certificate

embassy will issue Certificate of Entry once they have seen sight of the fit to fly Certificate and   COVID Certificate

So, I'm in Thailand now, on a NonImm OA extension of stay (just renewed) and have the required 400K baht long-stay health insurance. 

So, if I need for any reason to go back to the US (funeral, family emergency, medical treatment, etc.), in order to get back in Thailand I'd need an additional USD 100K Covid-19 cover?  If so, because I'm almost 70, the cost of that insurance, valid through the end of my extension of stay, would be prohibitively expensive.  I guess I need to explain to the wife that if I need to go out of Thailand for any reason, she might not see me again for a couple or years or more....  ????

12 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

And the economy goes down the drain....  Many Thai people are left without income. ????

A bunch of confused retirees and returning offshore workers that married girls with dubious pasts and needy families are not going to save the Thai economy.

They would need to open up the borders completely and that is an enormous risk at the moment. An enormous risk.

20 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Sounds reasonable, not sure why so many TV members are moaning about it across many threads.

Tell my friend with a wife and four kids who has been constantly refused a CofE in KL despite meeting all the requirements, or my Thai colleague who has been refused return from Doha on several occasions. His next allocated date is 25 July.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheRun said:

Tell my friend with a wife and four kids who has been constantly refused a CofE in KL despite meeting all the requirements, or my Thai colleague who has been refused return from Doha on several occasions. His next allocated date is 25 July.

You have a Thai national colleague that has been refused entry to his/her home country Thailand.

Can you elaborate on that please because I thought all national had a right to return.

1 hour ago, kensawadee said:

i JUST won't go to Thailand (as much as I'd like to) until the rules 'ease up' to something like my last visit (normal entry). I love to visit Thailand. I LOVE THE THAI PEOPLE (several especially well), BUT I 'HATE' the 'rulers in charge' and how the rich and army has no cencern for the poor but seem to love the 'communists' in CHINA........

Thailand isn't the same as years gone by..... BUT heaven help us..... Neither is the USA, CHINA, RUSSIA, PAKISTAN. To mention a FEW.                     BUT.... Thailand under this present regime is "hoarding massive amounts of money for the militare --- (Military equipment and 'Submarines', while the 'POOR' citizens get near nothing).   Thailand is LOSING 'ME'as a 'return TOURIST'........

The present Thai regime is nothing more than a 'suction-cup' for 'our/everybody's' money.      THEIR POOR ARE PITIFUL. No (or very little) government money spent for schools and lunches, for feeding the poor and elderly       OR ANYTHING that don't benefit the ARMY and the RICH.........

Communists need love too..........

Spared you the shouting.

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Johnson done the same in the U.K. until it got to the point it was clear the economy was number 1. Thailand will be the same, just a matter of time. 

Yes all very clear in the UK.

Travellers from France, Italy, Greece and other Mediterranean nations will no longer need to self-isolate at home for two weeks after arrival in the UK.

Spain is also exempt for people heading home to England, Wales and Northern Ireland – though not for Scottish passengers, whether they arrive direct or via another country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/quarantine-coronavirus-holiday-grant-shapps-foreign-home-office-a9611586.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2310072020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

If one fits the bill and wants to jump the queue and prepared to pay a Premium then away you go. 

For the rest of us prepared to sit it out and wait until they relax the rules it is just a matter of time. They are obviously gonna milk it and get as much cash as they can before they open the doors. Remember Elite Visa? There are always some willing to pay OTT because they think they are special. 

Johnson done the same in the U.K. until it got to the point it was clear the economy was number 1. Thailand will be the same, just a matter of time. 

@Kadilo nice to hear a optimistic post on here about getting back,instead of the doom mongers.

• Like 1

7 Steps?

Another example of stupidity when Step 2 contains:

1) Foreigners must book a room at an alternative state quarantine site,

2) get a fit-to-fly health certificate

3) Have a Covid-19 test that is negative and has been taken no more than 72 hours before departure. 

Surely that's 9 steps?

4 minutes ago, paulikens said:

one thing i will say cambodia are no better or vietnam for letting us back in either. 

I wonder why that is? Safety perhaps, or are they all on the take?

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

I wonder why that is? Safety perhaps, or are they all on the take?

@Traubert i dont know what it is. all i know its OTT. maybe when ya numbers are that low u wanna keep it like that but i think they have to bite the bullet eventually but who knows? its laughable when they have way more deaths on the road but that issue is never addressed. on the take from who?

34 minutes ago, OnTheRun said:

Yes the problem is that Thailand only allocates a certain number of Thai repatriations per month and the flights get fully booked very quickly, thats certainly the case in the UK and I guess in other countries where Thai's want to leave to return. Its a real desperate situation for many.

"In a video call interview, Ekaphum Chamnanrabiabkij, a practicing family doctor in Bicester, said the 3,000-plus Thais stranded in the U.K. include dozens who need to return to Thailand for cancer doctor appointments, mental health prescriptions, family members’ funerals, and other urgent needs.

“It’s embarrassing if the whole world knows about this,” Ekaphum said. “How can we be so proud that our country has zero cases of COVID when we leave our brothers and sisters in a foreign country?"

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2020/07/09/thais-stranded-in-uk-by-virus-missing-medical-appointments-family-funerals/

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've seen the prices for the alternative state quarantine, but nothing at all about the price of a repatriation flight. I expect they're free for Thai nationals, but I can't really imagine Santa Prayut and Uncle Anutin being quite so generous to the sweating farangs. Does anyone know the cost? 

The ones I've seen on other sites are about 20% more than the normal commercial price. 

Plus the state quarantine can be from 45,000 upwards. 

Oh and 2 covid19 tests while in the facility also required..

I'm on retirement extension visas and not married to my partner. 

So basically stuffed at the moment...

21 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Sounds reasonable, not sure why so many TV members are moaning about it across many threads.

Because they have the intellect to understand that the convoluted and labyrinthine requirements,notwithstanding the expensive commitments simply to make an application with only vague indications and no guarantees it will be successful even if complying. But thanks for proving by example there are exceptions to such members .

• Like 1