Follow seven steps for a safe return to Thailand

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, mal2018 said:

Nobody is special. The only person I ever met who was stupid enough to be a "Thai Elite" member, told me and actually believed himself, that he was jesus. ????????????. He also boasted that he never pays for anything, eventually got deported and still owes me 5000 baht ????

Yes there were a few that got sucked into it thinking that they were somehow superior and going to get special treatment only to find themselves now chucked on the same scrapheap as everyone else. 

16 hours ago, alyx said:

Sorry, as you edited your comment after I had replied ....your question  needs an answer  ????

Do I think I am special ? Oh no no albeit my partner does think so along with all my friends 

But don’t worry, one day you might find someone looking at you with esteem. It is just like love, it is there somewhere but some are luckier than others 

I will leave you there and let you agree with yourself...but let’s not forget that criticism is constructive ( I hope you understand)

Enjoy 

Never forget "" Nobody is special"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JemJem said:

That insurance requirement alone will cause MANY people not to consider going to Thailand. 

Why? - do that many people travel without travel insurance?

The requirement for Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa doesn’t stop tourist?

Do you travel to Thailand (normally) and just ‘hope’ you won’t become ill or get hurt? 

The Travel insurance and Health insurance which covers for Covid-19 is easy to come by. Those who are having difficult are just not doing their research. 

• Like 2

Not siding, just ti inform you that the Schengen insurance must cover the applicant for 30.000 euros and the cost  starts at 17 euros up to 150 for a year ....not quite the same as the required insurance over here 

The Schengen insurances cover the coronavirus 

14 hours ago, JemJem said:

If there will be similar requirements in the months ahead for tourists in general, then there will be a MASSIVE drop in tourist numbers (as compared to, for instance, the same period of last year). 

That insurance requirement alone will cause MANY people not to consider going to Thailand. 

What is the alternative? Just let everyone in and let the virus flow back? 

Think about it will you. If the virus is raging in Thailand, they don't have the health facilities to cope, and it will turn tourists off. Thailand will end up like India a hell zone rife with the virus.

They have to open up, but they have to be very careful. I support quarantine and testing at every opportunity. 

14 hours ago, JemJem said:

If there will be similar requirements in the months ahead for tourists in general, then there will be a MASSIVE drop in tourist numbers (as compared to, for instance, the same period of last year). 

Not for people from the UK at least - from my latest update I already have it ????

And the limit is £10,000,000!

Still can't come to Thailand as tourist yet of course????

4 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

What is the alternative? Just let everyone in and let the virus flow back? 

Think about it will you. If the virus is raging in Thailand, they don't have the health facilities to cope, and it will turn tourists off. Thailand will end up like India a hell zone rife with the virus.

They have to open up, but they have to be very careful. I support quarantine and testing at every opportunity. 

true enough, thailand is very sensitive about its healthcare system, has been for years. the government is prepared to sacrifice the tourist economy, and all the jobs/businesses that go with it, to protect hospitals and clinics.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not for people from the UK at least - from my latest update I already have it ????

And the limit is £10,000,000!

Still can't come to Thailand as tourist yet of course????

sure, in the uk many insurers will provide cover for emergency medical treatment and repatriation due to covid. what is more difficult to get is cover for cancellation, delay and other such like costs due to covid.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:28 AM, PEE TEE said:

Enough to stop anyone coming back here who knows an insurance company that covers covid 19 for a 72 year old at a very cheap price ? including the 100.000USD . 

You can quote from aainsure.net located in Thailand , they have reasonable prices 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, Chiang Mai Bill said:

I wonder how unmarried father's carry a birth certificate of their child with them when they travel abroad to prove this for use on their return?

Or perhaps it is up to the mother to go to the authorities with the certificate for further processing so that it eventually gets to the immigration officers at Swampy and is available on the day of arrival?  Sounds an impossible situation to me!

Before Covid 19 pandemic whenever i visited my hometown , for all cases and risks ,although i am married a thai , I carry the copy of my daughter's birth certificate with me during travelling out of Thailand for visa or other issues, and that time too. so , i strongly recommend you should do it

13 hours ago, smew said:

Confusion and more confusion and no reply from Thai embassies: has anyone contacted Thai embassy to submit documents and get the file#?

As Thai embassy in Turkey sent guideline what i have to follow , i have listed the items as follow

Guideline for foreign spouse to enter Thailand

Step 1 – Submit request and documents

Applicants must submit their request by explain the reason/necessity to enter Thailand at this moment and must submit the following documents

1.       Copy of passports of both the foreign spouse and Thai national

2.       Certificate of marriage

3.       Insurance in the sum of 100,000 USD that also covers the treatment of COVID-19 throughout the stay in Thailand

4.       Air ticket reservation

5.       Alternative State Quarantine Reservation

6.       Declaration form

Step 2 – Embassy will request Certificate of Entry (COE)

Step 3 – Issuing COE

Upon receive the approval to issue COE, the Embassy will request additional documents as follows

1.       COVID-free Health Certificate that is issued no more than 72 hrs. before the departure

2.       Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate that is issued no more than 72 hrs. before the departure

Step 4 – Departure to Thailand

Applicants must present the following documents at the check-in counter

1.       COE

2.       COVID-free Health Certificate that is issued no more than 72 hrs. before the departure

3.       Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate that is issued no more than 72 hrs. before the departure

4.       Insurance in the sum of 100,000 USD that also covers the treatment of COVID-19 throughout the stay in Thailand

I have already completed first step and i have been quoted with an insurance by https://www.aainsure.net/ which is a broker located in Thailand with reasonable price(14100 Baht for my age, 50)

Now , i am on stage of step2 and the emb is organizing an special flight(not commercial) for reps. which will be held on Jul 29th costly 760 USD by Singapore Airlines and as emb told me , i have already been listed for that flight if only completing ASQ hotel reservation till Jul 29    

Meanwhile , according to my individual searching for my position (i am a teacher who has limited budget for me and my thai family to live in Thailand and ASQ prices are extremely high for me to pay), there are some following informations enlighting people who have same situations as mine   

<<<<Link to Bangkok Post removed>>>>

I hope the things above will give some ideas to people who still wonder recent regulations

Edited by metisdead

16 hours ago, samsensam said:

sure, in the uk many insurers will provide cover for emergency medical treatment and repatriation due to covid. what is more difficult to get is cover for cancellation, delay and other such like costs due to covid.

If you look at that post of mine to which you linked, you will see that the Nationwide policy now includes cover for Medical and Curtailment

(I updated it Sat 11/7 after speaking to NW)

Edited by VBF

23 hours ago, alyx said:

Not siding, just ti inform you that the Schengen insurance must cover the applicant for 30.000 euros and the cost  starts at 17 euros up to 150 for a year ....not quite the same as the required insurance over here 

The Schengen insurances cover the coronavirus 

The Post Office has some reasonable levels of cover and provides Covid-19 cover. 

Cost is £198 for 90 days and covers up to US$2,000,000

With a Schengen Visa you are only allowed to stay (in Schengen states) for a maximum of 90 days.

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 16.30.20.png

On 7/9/2020 at 8:27 PM, Lingba said:

so interesting that Thais don't have to go through all the hoops except get a fit to fly paper...this must be one smart virus that can obviously pick and choose who it will infect and who not....obviously Thais returning home won't be affected..only farangs...Thais are bullet proof...

racists bastards....