Any suggestions please for day trips from Chiang Mai

Keith5588

On 7/10/2020 at 2:55 AM, Keith5588 said:

An extract

The yellow songthaew has specifically designated routes going between Chiang Mai city and the other towns. They do not roam around Chiang Mai city but only wait for passengers at the bus terminal. Here is the routes and bus terminal information of the yellow songthaew:

Route: Chiang Mai – Chom Thong
Depart from: Chang Phueak Bus Terminal
Hours: 8.00am – 16.00pm
Point of interest: Hang Dong district, San Pa Tong district, Wat Phra That Si Chom Tong, and transit to Doi Inthanon National Park, Mae Klang Waterfall, Wachirathan Waterfall.

The number 11 bus, services the same route from Chiang Mai. (And beyond as far as Doi Tao).

Better than a Songthaew, but a lot slower as they are speed limited (about 30kmh).

An experience in itself. 

1283050455_11Bus.jpg.8c392a3c8677b900c60cab0738fe01ba.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keith5588 said:

I click on my Credit Account and just have a blank screen so I don't know how much they have credited me with. 

It takes a few days for a credit to be processed and show on your AirAsia account. It seems like they should immediately notify a passenger when they cancel a flight - but they don't. 

I had a response within a few hours when I sent a direct message to AirAsia support via Twitter: https://twitter.com/AirAsiaSupport You will need to create a Twitter account if you don't have one. Google "how to send a twitter direct message" to see how to contact them and write to them including your confirmation number saying you want a credit for the canceled flights. I got the credit in about 3 days and it was for the full amount including all fees that I had paid. 

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

AirAsia appear on the verge of going under.

Malaysian version seem in a spot of bother but Thai Air Asia are adding (and shuffling) routes including Chiang Mai-Hua Hin departing Friday and Sunday starting August 7 which is excellent news for those of us who enjoy that coast.

• Like 2

Thank you so much DFPhuket,

After your previous post I send a message to Air Asia via Twitter. They replied after a few hours just like yourself saying that my Credit Account was now activated. I logged in and looked and sure enough I have credit for all my Air Asia flight, so100% they were all cancelled.

I much prefer to just send a message and then  go off to do other things, waiting on a phone or dealing with a non understanding robot can be annoying.

I then asked them for all means to communicate with them that is not the AVA robot and I received this reply.

To serve you better, we would like to re-direct you to AVA at https://tinyurl.com/yxd9y7nk. We assure you that you'll be given faster and more efficient assistance. Thank you for your understanding and support

I only had a very quick look,  it does contain clickable links to message them via Twitter and Facebook. I’m not sure how useful it is.  A message via Twitter did work well as @DFPhuket  said.

My gf has said that there has been a few new cases of the Covid-19 virus in Rayong and Bangkok because people from overseas were allowed to enter Thailand because they were VIP people ….. M’mmmmm

So I will wait a few days and then hopefully book a Thai Smile flight to replace the cancelled Air Asia flight.

Also a lot of thanks to everyone that has given advice and suggestions of places to visit, it has been so good..

Keith

On 7/10/2020 at 8:13 AM, BritManToo said:

Huay Tung Tao lake, nice for lunch, waterfall nearby.

Went there for lunch on Saturday.

Large Leo 70bht, prawn fried rice 50bht.

Police cruising around the lake in a speedboat enforcing max 5 in a hut.

You can get a local train to Lamphun and Lampang , a slow old train with open doors and windows goes at a leisurely place stopping at all the stations and you can just get off at any station that takes your fancy .

Theres a train that leaves from CM at 9 30 AM and wherever you end up, just get on a bus back to CM

On 7/13/2020 at 12:28 PM, Burma Bill said:

frequent bus service from Chiang Mai travels north on route 107 to Thaton

If you go to Thaton, and if you fancy sailing, you can hire a long-tail boat on Mae Kok from Thaton to Chiang Rai. There used to be a ferry service but nowadays you have to hire a boat yourself which will probably cost something like 2.500 to 3.000 baht.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

If you go to Thaton, and if you fancy sailing, you can hire a long-tail boat on Mae Kok from Thaton to Chiang Rai. There used to be a ferry service but nowadays you have to hire a boat yourself which will probably cost something like 2.500 to 3.000 baht.

You are correct, I hired a boat for me and my guests and what an experience. It was the dry season and the Mae Kok was shallow. We sailed between fishermen casting nets who were standing waist deep in the middle of the river the bank!!