Return of Retirement Visa Holders to Thailand - Request

2 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

I am not in Australia, I live in Thailand, I just need to get back under my Retirement Visa as many others do. I understand what is going on in the world that's not what this is about. It is about trying to see what avenues other may believe they know to raise awareness to the Thai government through numbers and voice. 

Not understand--you say you live in Thailand, but need to get back!!!

So which is it--you are here or you're not.

Also there is absolutely nothing people on this forum, or any foreigners/expats in Thailand that can influence the Government on these matters.

Even with the apparent opening up of the air border to people with Marriage/family extensions, the restrictions associated with this exercise will probably take months to achieve, which leaves retirees many months away from being able to travel to Thailand.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

I am not in Australia, I live in Thailand, I just need to get back under my Retirement Visa as many others do.

Pretty much makes zero sense. So your currently in Thailand? 

"Under my retirement visa" ? What exactly do you have....guessing annual extension based on retirement to non O or non O-A.

Then you want petition for what? To be able to exit Thailand and then return? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thainet said:

Not understand--you say you live in Thailand, but need to get back!!!

So which is it--you are here or you're not.

Also there is absolutely nothing people on this forum, or any foreigners/expats in Thailand that can influence the Government on these matters.

Even with the apparent opening up of the air border to people with Marriage/family extensions, the restrictions associated with this exercise will probably take months to achieve, which leaves retirees many months away from being able to travel to Thailand.

I had to leave the country for business related issues, now I cant get back. Not that its relevant to this thread. I live there in Thailand. Well you obviously have no recommendations so thanks for your post. We can hypothesize all we want, I am not looking or asking that we do that. The rest of the work is doing that every second of the day. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Pretty much makes zero sense. So your currently in Thailand? 

"Under my retirement visa" ? What exactly do you have....guessing annual extension based on retirement to non O or non O-A.

Then you want petition for what? To be able to exit Thailand and then return? 

Really 0 sense how????? Forget it, unreal. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

I am not in Australia, I live in Thailand, I just need to get back under my Retirement Visa as many others do. I understand what is going on in the world that's not what this is about. It is about trying to see what avenues other may believe they know to raise awareness to the Thai government through numbers and voice. 

If the Oz Ambassador in Bangkok isn,t able to sway Thai authorities,and he is doing a great job for all Ozzie’s to both get out of and in to Thailand, no chance of any lobby group having success. Returning Thais must take priority and it’s way too early to relax covid precautions against incoming visitors. What possible case could you make in your defence?

• Like 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Understand your concern, even many Thai have not been able to return yet, but petition request is not really allowed by forum rules.

Thanks. So forget the petition. Anyone have any ideas on any other way to do it? 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If the Oz Ambassador in Bangkok isn,t able to sway Thai authorities,and he is doing a great job for all Ozzie’s to both get out of and in to Thailand, no chance of any lobby group having success. Returning Thais must take priority and it’s way too early to relax covid precautions against incoming visitors. What possible case could you make in your defence?

I don't know what case i could make, that's why I am asking here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thainet said:

Your simple request has been answered with many different scenarios, none of them good for retirees, so why not just acknowledge that you screwed up by leaving and that your time in Australia is going to be for many more months.. that's the reality.

Also if your retirement extension does run out before travelling back to Thailand, then you will have to start the process again...no ifs or buts about that.

<deleted> people like you........ I am not even in Australia so stop presuming. Well that's got f all to with the post. 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

It was a simple request, any ideas on how we as a group can petition the government or anyone to include retirees entering the country. Really simple request. If not say no, if yes, please do explain, great thanks. 

A related pressure group organised by spouses & effected kids (Ie thai nationals) would probably get further than ferangs per se but the virus will be over long before it had any effect.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

2 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

<deleted> people like you........ I am not even in Australia so stop presuming. Well that's got f all to with the post. 

Ok not in Oz..That’s probably a good thing!

I've seen what you write in this thread and another that you are on now, and you have a very belligerent manner, even after loads of good advice from many people.

So I'd suggest a nicer approach without the "f's and "deleted" might serve you better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A petition organised by spouses & effected kids (Ie thai nationals) would probably get further than ferangs per se but the virus will be over long before it had any effect.

HTH

He,s retired but working ,no mention of family concerns!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thainet said:

I've seen what you write in this thread and another that you are on now, and you have a very belligerent manner, even after loads of good advice from many people.

So I'd suggest a nicer approach without the "f's and "deleted" might serve you better.

You have no idea, move on. You sure as hell were not one offering "loads of good advise".... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

He,s retired but working ,no mention of family concerns!

Business, could be anything, not working. NO family in Thailand and not the point I am raising. I raised a very simple question.... its clear cut. I know who can and cant come into the country and under what circumstances.

Do you have any ideas on how a push could help retirees return?? That's the question. 

20 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Thanks. So forget the petition. Anyone have any ideas on any other way to do it? 

At the moment you would only qualify as medical tourist to come back. Assuming you have no wife or kids in Thailand.