Return of Retirement Visa Holders to Thailand - Request

16 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

<deleted> people like you........ I am not even in Australia so stop presuming. Well that's got f all to with the post. 

Tiger, take a chill pill. Several posters have no idea even where you currently are or what your trying to achieve. I have read all your posts and frankly it's hard to join the dots. 

If it's as simple as trying to help retired folk currently not in Thailand then just state so clearly. 

If that is in fact your aim then the answer will be that most likely their permission of stay has expired and they on the list as a tourist.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Tiger, take a chill pill. Several posters have no idea even where you currently are or what your trying to achieve. I have read all your posts and frankly it's hard to join the dots. 

If it's as simple as trying to help retired folk currently not in Thailand then just state so clearly. 

If that is in fact your aim then the answer will be that most likely their permission of stay has expired and they on the list as a tourist.

Mate its easy, really easy. Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now. That's it, doesn't matter if i am on the moon. All people need to know is that I have a retirement visa and its current. I don't need to be interrogated about where I am, where I APPARENTLY work, taxes, families and the rest. All I asked was for suggestions...geezus. 

• Like 1

If you know someone who is a personal friend of the Thai Prime Minister, and have US$10,000 to spend, there is a chance an exception might be made for you alone. There is zero chance of retirement visa holders as a group being allowed back into Thailand at present. I just do not think foreign governments are willing to apply enough pressure (threaten to nuke Bangkok?) There are limits to the number of quarantine facilities that can be set up safely, and travel bubbles (that could reduce the need for quarantine facilities for many returnees) are not going to be in place for, at least, several months. Sorry, but people wanting to rejoin their spouses and children will come first.

Edited by BritTim

Just now, WA Tiger said:

Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now.

And I keep saying there is no such thing as a retirement visa. There are non O and non O-A based on retirement. The vast majority of those are on extensions based on retirement. They have 12 month permission of stay. In many cases that has expired. 

Even if still have valid permission of stay it's most likely useless. Thailand is still repatriating its own citizens. Also now several groups on "the list" PR holders, Married to Thai etc. Thai can't handle those numbers let alone the group you wish to add. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Mate its easy, really easy. Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now. That's it, doesn't matter if i am on the moon. All people need to know is that I have a retirement visa and its current. I don't need to be interrogated about where I am, where I APPARENTLY work, taxes, families and the rest. All I asked was for suggestions...geezus. 

Well i suggest you to be patient and wait your turn, probably before the end of the year.

As you can see on the link below  even for ones allowed to return

it's far from a walk in the park, and there are still thousands of people

in these groups, The retired should be the next on the list, they were not 

a priority because from the Thai point of view as you are supposed

to be retired in Thailand with the visa corresponding to this situation

you  are supposed to stay in Thailand. 

Goodluck

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/07/08/the-thai-government-clarifies-exact-steps-to-currently-enter-thailand-for-foreigners/

• Like 1

I am currently in the 'stuck in my country and cannot return to the family' boat.

Now I would return tomorrow if nonsense restrictions were lifted.

BUT, I am also very wary of Thailand releasing the restrictions and then putting them back up again - trapping people again.

Own mind, and I hate it, maybe waiting for a vaccine is best. Fingers crossed for this year

There's a backlog of both Thais and those foreigners who are already eligible to enter Thailand. It's very unlikely that the group of foreigners that can enter will be extended further until that backlog has been cleared up, which is a slow process due to severely limited flights.

I don't think approaching the government to speed things up has a realistic chance of success.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thainet said:

Suggestion---Mods it might be an idea to stop this thread,.. with the OP's attitude it is getting nowhere...

What for having view and defending myself>???? Really, in this day and age, who would have thought. 

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

There's a backlog of both Thais and those foreigners who are already eligible to enter Thailand. It's very unlikely that the group of foreigners that can enter will be extended further until that backlog has been cleared up, which is a slow process due to severely limited flights.

I don't think approaching the government to speed things up has a realistic chance of success.

Well it was a thought that's all and to see what ideas people have, thanks for your response. No harm in trying to find a better way of doing things or a way that can help others. 

13 hours ago, PatrickC said:

He's mentioned in some posts how much he dislikes Thailand and wants to leave permanently, yet in others is desperate to get back. Perhaps multiple personality disorder treatment could be his way in?

You are such a fool, hands down, not once have I said that I "dislike Thailand", in FACT I said how mush I like it, get your <deleted> stories sorted. I was bang on with you, complete narcissist!!!! This will be my last reply to you as a you are a waste of energy. 

15 hours ago, WA Tiger said:

It was a simple request, any ideas on how we as a group can petition the government or anyone to include retirees entering the country. Really simple request. If not say no, if yes, please do explain, great thanks. 

Try this - best of luck.  https://www.change.org/

I am in a similar position. There is a FB grouo"farangs stranded abroad due to Covid ". It has 4500 members, all wishing to return to business or family or to their" "home". As many have already said, we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. My hopes lie with the vendors etc. In places like Pattaya raise their voices about lack of income in our absences. Even then I don't expect much to happen before Q4 and I pray that there will not be a widespread second wave. 

1 hour ago, TrevorC said:

I am in a similar position. There is a FB grouo"farangs stranded abroad due to Covid ". It has 4500 members, all wishing to return to business or family or to their" "home". As many have already said, we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. My hopes lie with the vendors etc. In places like Pattaya raise their voices about lack of income in our absences. Even then I don't expect much to happen before Q4 and I pray that there will not be a widespread second wave. 

I think the best to hope for in the short to medium term is travel bubbles that will allow some to enter Thailand without quarantine, and reduce pressure on quarantine facilities. When that happens, there is a better chance of lower priority foreigners being allowed in. What I think is highly unlikely is that Thailand will abandon its virus elimination strategy, and allow infected foreigners in without quarantine. Further, no foreigner should want that. There is enough xenophobia already. The knowledge that there are foreigners spreading Covid-19 in Thailand would create huge anti foreigner sentiment.