Return of Retirement Visa Holders to Thailand - Request

The Thai committee that meets weekly or more often at times has recommended many times to even get the tourists back into Thailand.  They claim the PM is adamant about anyone foreigner coming in is a threat to increased infection.  He says only the "bubble" countries at first, now they almost all having new infections so that is out for the next two months.  The process for farang fathers of thai children, students, spouses etc has been approved more or less but the requirements seem to be almost impossible to achieve and will not be FREE.  There is no one that predict when anyone will be allowed in without all the strings attached!

If you are in Oz now, regardless of visa type unless married to a Thai with dependents 

you will be there for a while.

If things settle down there may be a chance to organize a return in September with the proper documentation, tests & quarantine.

Thailand realized that the virus cannot read Visa types

20 hours ago, thainet said:

Suggestion---Mods it might be an idea to stop this thread,.. with the OP's attitude it is getting nowhere...

Really, the OP's was ok, but some were definately having a snipe at him as happens all the time with "smart <deleted>" looking for fun. I guess the OP just got frustrated.m     end of !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WA Tiger said:

It was a simple request, any ideas on how we as a group can petition the government or anyone to include retirees entering the country. Really simple request. If not say no, if yes, please do explain, great thanks. 

No.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WA Tiger said:

I am not in Australia, I live in Thailand, I just need to get back under my Retirement Visa as many others do. I understand what is going on in the world that's not what this is about. It is about trying to see what avenues other may believe they know to raise awareness to the Thai government through numbers and voice. 

Assume Elite Visa comes first.

I'm also stuck outside.

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

The Thai committee that meets weekly or more often at times has recommended many times to even get the tourists back into Thailand.  They claim the PM is adamant about anyone foreigner coming in is a threat to increased infection.  He says only the "bubble" countries at first, now they almost all having new infections so that is out for the next two months.  The process for farang fathers of thai children, students, spouses etc has been approved more or less but the requirements seem to be almost impossible to achieve and will not be FREE.  There is no one that predict when anyone will be allowed in without all the strings attached!

As a new retiree here (5 months), It's as if the person(s) in charge have a grudge against the westerner. Or maybe it goes back longer than that and has something to do with Asian history? The Thai lady I'm currently with confirms with most on here that the Chinese spend on Chinese, not Thai businesses.

Don't know the specifics but if OP is desperate, maybe look into the Medical avenue.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

Enter on visa exempt

It is quite possible/probable/certain  that the visa exemption rules are going to be suspended in the short to medium term. 

Currently the requirements for non nationals coming to Thailand include either a visa or re-entry permit along with permission to enter, insurance, COVID-19 clearance etc. This is unlikely to change for most nationals until an effective vacation is widely available.

The chance that you can rock up to immigration at an airport without a visa or re-entry permission is vanishingly small in the near future.

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is quite possible/probable/certain  that the visa exemption rules are going to be suspended in the short to medium term. 

Exactly. 

I have stated in many threads that people hoping to do border bounce in future (when borders open) be aware that visa exempt imo will not be available. 

Even moreso airports. 

Edit. I had to look back to find where you quoted me. You left out I stated visa exempt end 2020. True even then not certain. Quote me fully. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The chance that you can rock up to immigration at an airport without a visa or re-entry permission is vanishingly small in the near future.

Even if your going through process of returning to Thailand via being on the approved list that includes married to Thai etc it's a long process. 

Why take my visa exempt post related to end of 2020 out of context.

Joke.

Today au Thai Embassy stated Au citizens wishing to return to Thailand (reference to married etc) in for long wait.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Even if your going through process of returning to Thailand via being on the approved list that includes married to Thai etc it's a long process. 

Why take my visa exempt post related to end of 2020 out of context.

Joke.

Today au Thai Embassy stated Au citizens wishing to return to Thailand (reference to married etc) in for long wait.

I believe there are only 2 repatriation flights from the U.K. in July and both are full, irrespective that you have to pay for the flight they are not going to fly empty planes to another country to fly people back to ThailandI I don’t think ?