BANGKOK
WA Tiger

Return of Retirement Visa Holders to Thailand - Request

1 minute ago, CLS said:

At the moment you would only qualify as medical tourist to come back. Assuming you have no wife or kids in Thailand.

Hmmm, maybe I apply for plastic surgery.. 

1 minute ago, WA Tiger said:

Hmmm, maybe I apply for plastic surgery.. 

No need to be so invasive, maybe a tooth repair.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CLS said:

No need to be so invasive, maybe a tooth repair.

Yeah will look into that haha

16 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

<deleted> people like you........ I am not even in Australia so stop presuming. Well that's got f all to with the post. 

Tiger, take a chill pill. Several posters have no idea even where you currently are or what your trying to achieve. I have read all your posts and frankly it's hard to join the dots. 

If it's as simple as trying to help retired folk currently not in Thailand then just state so clearly. 

If that is in fact your aim then the answer will be that most likely their permission of stay has expired and they on the list as a tourist.

5 minutes ago, thainet said:

Yes a good suggestion--medical tourist---attitude adjustment gets a 60 day visa on arrival.

Well you will end up with a 10 year visa then. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Tiger, take a chill pill. Several posters have no idea even where you currently are or what your trying to achieve. I have read all your posts and frankly it's hard to join the dots. 

If it's as simple as trying to help retired folk currently not in Thailand then just state so clearly. 

If that is in fact your aim then the answer will be that most likely their permission of stay has expired and they on the list as a tourist.

Mate its easy, really easy. Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now. That's it, doesn't matter if i am on the moon. All people need to know is that I have a retirement visa and its current. I don't need to be interrogated about where I am, where I APPARENTLY work, taxes, families and the rest. All I asked was for suggestions...geezus. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Well you will end up with a 10 year visa then. 

Correct, as I have PR.

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Anger management might be the OPs ticket to a medical facility here.

Or how to deal idiots may be another choice,.

Just now, thainet said:

Correct, as I have PR.

Missed the point...AGAIN!!! 

Posted (edited)

If you know someone who is a personal friend of the Thai Prime Minister, and have US$10,000 to spend, there is a chance an exception might be made for you alone. There is zero chance of retirement visa holders as a group being allowed back into Thailand at present. I just do not think foreign governments are willing to apply enough pressure (threaten to nuke Bangkok?) There are limits to the number of quarantine facilities that can be set up safely, and travel bubbles (that could reduce the need for quarantine facilities for many returnees) are not going to be in place for, at least, several months. Sorry, but people wanting to rejoin their spouses and children will come first.

Edited by BritTim

Posted (edited)

Suggestion---Mods it might be an idea to stop this thread,.. with the OP's attitude it is getting nowhere...

Edited by thainet
  • Like 2

Just now, WA Tiger said:

Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now.

And I keep saying there is no such thing as a retirement visa. There are non O and non O-A based on retirement. The vast majority of those are on extensions based on retirement. They have 12 month permission of stay. In many cases that has expired. 

Even if still have valid permission of stay it's most likely useless. Thailand is still repatriating its own citizens. Also now several groups on "the list" PR holders, Married to Thai etc. Thai can't handle those numbers let alone the group you wish to add. 

• Like 1