BANGKOK
WA Tiger

Return of Retirement Visa Holders to Thailand - Request

6 minutes ago, thainet said:

Suggestion---Mods it might be an idea to stop this thread,.. with the OP's attitude it is getting nowhere...

I agree 💯👍

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Mate its easy, really easy. Any ideas how retirement visa holders can, ask, shall we say, the government to come back in with the current people applying now. That's it, doesn't matter if i am on the moon. All people need to know is that I have a retirement visa and its current. I don't need to be interrogated about where I am, where I APPARENTLY work, taxes, families and the rest. All I asked was for suggestions...geezus. 

Well i suggest you to be patient and wait your turn, probably before the end of the year.

As you can see on the link below  even for ones allowed to return

it's far from a walk in the park, and there are still thousands of people

in these groups, The retired should be the next on the list, they were not 

a priority because from the Thai point of view as you are supposed

to be retired in Thailand with the visa corresponding to this situation

you  are supposed to stay in Thailand. 

Goodluck

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/07/08/the-thai-government-clarifies-exact-steps-to-currently-enter-thailand-for-foreigners/

• Like 1

I am currently in the 'stuck in my country and cannot return to the family' boat.

Now I would return tomorrow if nonsense restrictions were lifted.

BUT, I am also very wary of Thailand releasing the restrictions and then putting them back up again - trapping people again.

Own mind, and I hate it, maybe waiting for a vaccine is best. Fingers crossed for this year

There's a backlog of both Thais and those foreigners who are already eligible to enter Thailand. It's very unlikely that the group of foreigners that can enter will be extended further until that backlog has been cleared up, which is a slow process due to severely limited flights.

I don't think approaching the government to speed things up has a realistic chance of success.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thainet said:

Suggestion---Mods it might be an idea to stop this thread,.. with the OP's attitude it is getting nowhere...

What for having view and defending myself>???? Really, in this day and age, who would have thought. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I agree 💯👍

Yeah you would, good to see the Mods don't listen to Narcs and actually let people have their say!! 

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

There's a backlog of both Thais and those foreigners who are already eligible to enter Thailand. It's very unlikely that the group of foreigners that can enter will be extended further until that backlog has been cleared up, which is a slow process due to severely limited flights.

I don't think approaching the government to speed things up has a realistic chance of success.

Well it was a thought that's all and to see what ideas people have, thanks for your response. No harm in trying to find a better way of doing things or a way that can help others. 

13 hours ago, PatrickC said:

He's mentioned in some posts how much he dislikes Thailand and wants to leave permanently, yet in others is desperate to get back. Perhaps multiple personality disorder treatment could be his way in?

You are such a fool, hands down, not once have I said that I "dislike Thailand", in FACT I said how mush I like it, get your <deleted> stories sorted. I was bang on with you, complete narcissist!!!! This will be my last reply to you as a you are a waste of energy. 

Back on topic, if anyone has any idea on how or when the Retirement Visa people can come back earlier I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you, this is all I was asking from the start. 

15 hours ago, WA Tiger said:

It was a simple request, any ideas on how we as a group can petition the government or anyone to include retirees entering the country. Really simple request. If not say no, if yes, please do explain, great thanks. 

Try this - best of luck.  https://www.change.org/

I am in a similar position. There is a FB grouo"farangs stranded abroad due to Covid ". It has 4500 members, all wishing to return to business or family or to their" "home". As many have already said, we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. My hopes lie with the vendors etc. In places like Pattaya raise their voices about lack of income in our absences. Even then I don't expect much to happen before Q4 and I pray that there will not be a widespread second wave.