PM Prayut taps Nation Group for ideas on moving Thailand forward

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The move comes after he announced last month that the government will change the way it works by encouraging more sectors to participate in determining Thailand’s future in the "new normal" era.

After removing the future forward party last year... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good work from Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. It shows he is listening to the people and will review ideas from the press and other sources. Obviously concerned about the economy and ways to kick start it and get it back to pre covid days.

Capture.Prayut3.PNG.c577604a6b0b296891eb4661079bbc12.PNG

The difference is the Shinawatras know how to run a country.   He does not.  He is just a snappy dresser, though he needs to do more push ups.  Since government is a problem and not a solution, slash taxes to drive consumption.  If people are out of work, the tax base is small anyway.   Freeze all government non essential programs and pay raises.   If offering early retirement to uncivil servants will save money, offer it.   Scrap constricts.  Those are thousands of mouths to feed that do not want to be there anyway.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubon farang said:

Get rid of the military government and restore democracy. Is that to much to ask?

like in the US or Australia or the UK huh ?   yeah  !  they're all doing really well thanks to democracy. 

The best way to move an economy forward is to keep government, military or else, away from it!

People in government love to micromanage everything: the pandemic, the economy, the school system up to the color of uniforms and the haircuts, the agriculture and what crops farmers should and shouldn't grow, and so on.

And getting advice from newspapers...seriously?

If they want good and informed advice, they'd better talk with taxi drivers, or go to the temple if they are desperate...

37 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

They have put men on the moon while offering freedoms.

I didn't know that Australia and the UK had put men on the Moon...when was that?

But these two certainly don't hesitate to join the American "force of good" in order to "offer" freedom to other, less lucky, countries, notably in the Middle East, who can't thank them enough for their efforts...

• Like 1

This proves he hasn't got a clue what to do !  He is asking newspaper staff for ideas on how to run the country ! That really is as low as you can get.  But I bet there are far better brains at Thai Rath, The Nation and Bangkok Post

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Is that fatty video watching him from the car making sure he says nothing more than agreed ? Or a signed autographed photo ?

800_d204aea763de23d.jpg

he looks like one of the old geezers from Dads army ' alright Mr Manering "

On 7/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Brunolem said:

I didn't know that Australia and the UK had put men on the Moon...when was that?

But these two certainly don't hesitate to join the American "force of good" in order to "offer" freedom to other, less lucky, countries, notably in the Middle East, who can't thank them enough for their efforts...

Since Bush and Obama, Mid East policy became that much more awful.  Rand Paul tried to end the war in Afghanistan, but only got a few votes.  The US and other western countries are at a very low point in history, but there is a chance they will right themselves one day.  As of now, things look awful.     

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Both convicts in exile sitting on billions of baht that belonged to the Thai people.

Convicts vs. coup leaders.  Gangsters are usually better at business than overly patriotic, self proclaimed saviors who are too lofty for debate. 

As if the great General "he who must be obeyed" is going to listen to the press. He never has in the past, why start now! More likely a token gesture as advised from his spin doctors to try and gain merit from the public...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Convicts vs. coup leaders.  Gangsters are usually better at business than overly patriotic, self proclaimed saviors who are too lofty for debate. 

If that's the only choices Thailand is doomed. !

On 7/9/2020 at 9:36 PM, Susco said:

I hope he doesn't get informed that The Nation also has a sister forum, because he might lose it when he start reading there

already purged most of those "troublesome" members.   i also am one that was sternly reminded of

my status and forced to repeat the iron clad rules .  the one about no dripping of ice cream when eating

my cone was a surprise to me.   

On 7/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, mr mr said:

a suggestion from thai visa for the great leader.

mr prayut. you have worked tirelessly to move thailand forward into the new world. it is time for you to step aside and bask in the glory of your accomplishments. no further improvement is needed. thai people will be forever in your debt. history will tell the story of the one who came in and set the ship on its proper path.

thank you prayut and buddha bless. 

I want some, alot, of what you consumed just prior to writing that post !

On 7/10/2020 at 12:31 AM, steven100 said:

Good work from Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. It shows he is listening to the people and will review ideas from the press and other sources. Obviously concerned about the economy and ways to kick start it and get it back to pre covid days.

Capture.Prayut3.PNG.c577604a6b0b296891eb4661079bbc12.PNG

I believe he wants it back to well before pre Covid days. About 100 years before!!

5 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Nothing wrong with asking a public opinion.

Something the alpha male monkey in the US should have done...

You fail to understand that it is all for show.

Principles of Thai Management 101 - 

Lets gather all our serfs together to hear their voices and opinions.

It makes them feel empowered and we can show the rest of the world,

that we are a democracy and listen to the voice of the people - win-win

It's a dictatorship - do you really think they give a toss about anyone else's opinions?

Edited by varun
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Nothing wrong with asking a public opinion.

Something the alpha male monkey in the US should have done...

Indeed there isn't. If only he'd thought about it 6 years ago instead of leaving it so long.