retirement extention has expired

as of july 6 my retirement extension has expired.

I had someone doing it for me since 3 years. Now that person ( a Thai Friend, a lady) is not available anymore.) she sponsored me and put up the annuity/ bank deposit. 2 months ago I made her aware that my retirement extension is due on july 6.

What can I do now? The non O immigrant  visa was based on a visa originally issued in a consulate of a European country.

It seems you need to attempt to do the retirement extension yourself. Visit your local immigration office and check whether simply having 800,000 baht in your account for two months is sufficient. Try to do this today, While you are technically covered by the automatic grace period until July 31st, some immigration offices have resisted processing one-year extensions when the previous permission to stay has expired. Just four days should not prevent the extension, though, one would think.

You will need a letter from the bank and an updated bank book dated today showing that the money has been in the account the whole time. A simple deposit of 100 baht facilitates getting the updated bank book.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

it seems to me by the post that there is no money in the bank, i am not sure if the covid amnesty covers yearly extensions, but if it can be sorted by some method soon i don't think the expired extension will cause a problem, i think an agent needs to be approached

• Like 2

If got an extension last year using the 800k baht option you had to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months from the day you applied and then at least 400k baht in the account until it was topped up to 800k baht 2 months before the day you apply.

Proof that requirement was met is needed your extension applied can be denied. That has already happened to few people.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

why did you wait till AFTER it expired to ask>

Contact any agent ASAP and get it dealt with yesterday.

with luck they can manage with you only paying an overstay fee.

Was typing exact same thing. Clearly the OP obtained his non O then after entering Thailand used agent to cover the money in bank method. He needs grab and agent urgently. He will need pay agent and possibly overstay (even with amnesty).

What's the going price for agent covering just the bank money requirement?

Do it asap.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm reading this as the OP not having the money, hence the use of a "sponsor" earlier who put it up.

That being the case and as the application is now already slightly overdue, the agent route is probably the only feasible way out.

If OP is married to a thai national or has thai dependant children, he has time till the end of the Amnesty (31 July if not extended) to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his wife/dependant child. 

When applying end of July, that will give him a permission to stay till end of September.  And in mean time he can start-up arrangements to meet the 12 month seasoning requirements for his funds required for the 1-year re-extension of stay application.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm reading this as the OP not having the money, hence the use of a "sponsor" earlier who put it up.

That being the case and as the application is now already slightly overdue, the agent route is probably the only feasible way out.

Which will cost.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:52 AM, BritTim said:

It seems you need to attempt to do the retirement extension yourself. Visit your local immigration office and check whether simply having 800,000 baht in your account for two months is sufficient. Try to do this today, While you are technically covered by the automatic grace period until July 31st, some immigration offices have resisted processing one-year extensions when the previous permission to stay has expired. Just four days should not prevent the extension, though, one would think.

You will need a letter from the bank and an updated bank book dated today showing that the money has been in the account the whole time. A simple deposit of 100 baht facilitates getting the updated bank book.

Surely he is not covered by the amnesty - and he does not have the required funds.

He is now on 5 day overstay and is residing illegally in Thailand. 

Buying a retirement extension via an agent looks like his only option.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Surely he is not covered by the amnesty - and he does not have the required funds.

Buying a retirement extension via an agent looks like his only option.

That's correct. 

The only possible escape route that can 'buy him some time', would be if he is married to a thai national or has a thai dependant child, which would allow him to apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his family.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

He is not on an overstay. Nobody that was here in the country prior to March 26th can be on an overstay under the amnesty.

It does not matter what his permit to stay was for.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He is not on an overstay. Nobody that was here in the country prior to March 26th can be on an overstay under the amnesty.

You are of course correct > overstay is not applicable during the Amnesty.

So if he is not married to a thai national or has a thai dependant child, he would either need to:

a)  Prepare for leaving the country before the end of the Amnesty 

Note 1: He could apply for an extension in the last days of the Amnesty knowing full well that he doesn't meet the requirements and that it will be refused.  But IO would normally then give him 7 days (or less) to arrange his departure from the country.

Note 2: If there are no options to return to his home-country before the Amnesty ends, he could apply for an Embassy statement confirming that fact, which might make him eligible for a 30-day extension of stay

OR

b) Engage a Fixer Agent, to circumvent the requirements which he is unable to meet and apply for the 1-year extension of stay of his Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

a)  Prepare for leaving the country before the end of the Amnesty 

Apparently he has not ever tried to apply for the extension. He should at least try since he has had the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. He might get lucky and get it if they do not enforce rule for at least 400k baht being in the bank and etc.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently he has not ever tried to apply for the extension. He should at least try since he has had the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. He might get lucky and get it if they do not enforce rule for at least 400k baht being in the bank and etc.

Yes I agree.

If indeed he meets the financial requirements (or at least partly, e.g. the 800K being seasoned for at least 2 months in his personal thai bank-account).

The OPs post is not clear on that issue, and I presumed that the lady he referred to was a Fixer Agent (so no proof of financial evidence from his part).  But if that's not the case, he obviously needs to apply for the 1-year extension ASAP.  With his financials OK, his situation is not as bad as it initially looked.

Hello Members,

I really need help, I have been laid of in May 2020 and my visa and workpermit expired and cancelled by the employer. I don't want to go back to India until the Covid issue subside and the situation get backs to normal with Airline. I got a new job recently, but understood that within one week only it could be renewed. As it is not done the only way is to return to India and get a non-B which is almost impossible as all embassies are closed there. Back-door way some agents asked me 100K baht for each person to renew it. Due to this implications my prospective employer gave up the hope and decided to put my candidature down. Now I am jobless and amnesty is going to end on 31 July. And under-deep-mental-stress. Can I get a volunteer or some other visa to stay in Thailand. I really do't want to travel with repatriation flight and expose my family to Covid affected areas. In India also, the commute is not started to reach to my home town. Much appreciated for your help in this regard.

With Regards