BANGKOK
vision

Certificate of Entry process (For spouses of Thai citizens)

Hello,

Just want to find out from others who have applied for the Certificate of Entry specificlly on the grounds of re-uniting with Thai spouce.  Have you been approved?  rejected or asked for additional information?   I am asking as I had applied online for this and was promptly contancted the next day and informed that I would to aquire health insureance from a differenct source that could supply a letter in compliance with the requirments. I did get the insurance and a letter that complied with the requiremnts and submitted it again but that was last Thursday and I havent heard anything back in a week.  Is this to be expeccted?  Are these being issued presently, and if so are these flights the same chartered ones that had been doing re-patriation flights last month?

• Thanks 1

Where are you applying? Your response is about what I thought was going to happen. Begin the process online... then you get inundated with corrections that are not timely responded to. Such is how it goes with any governmental procedure it seems right now. I am in the same situation you are. I have been watching closely to see when a good time would be to apply. Looks pretty daunting... I am here on the west coast of the States and here are the requirements through L.A. 

https://thaiconsulatela.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/VISA-NOTICE-Spouse.pdf

Posted (edited)

Applied via the online form.

About a week later they've asked to update my application with a letter from my insurance company with a statement indicating that it covers Covid-19.

I've submitted what they wanted and heard nothing since then (2 weeks).

Just today I've emailed them with a question about the status of my application.

Their response - wait until you hear back from MFA in Bangkok.

Edited by unheard

1 minute ago, unheard said:

Applied via the online form.

About a week later they've asked to update my application with a letter from my insurance company with a statement indicating that it covers Covid-19.

I've submitted what they wanted and heard nothing since then.

As you went through the online form... what were you required to provide? Of the listed documents, what were you required to provide in this initial application?

2 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

As you went through the online form... what were you required to provide? Of the listed documents, what were you required to provide in this initial application?

Passport copies (yours and wife's), a copy of the marriage certificate, an insurance letter with a policy description, a contact in Thailand and their address, your travel plans...

They don't ask for Fit to Fly or Covid-19 test results when you initially apply.

Just open up the form - you'll see the required fields.

Just now, unheard said:

Passport copies (yours and wife's), a copy of the marriage certificate, an insurance letter with a policy description, a contact in Thailand and their address, your travel plans...

They don't ask for Fit to Fly or Covid-19 test results when you initially apply.

Just open up the form - you'll see the required fields.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. This is what I thought, but I have not gone through the form yet. Good to know what they are asking for for the initial now I can get those together. One more question. The advisory at the L.A. website indicated that all documents needed to be translated to English. I was wondering if our Marriage certificate or her Thai I.D. needed to be officially translated? Maybe later?

1 minute ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Ok. Thanks for the reply. This is what I thought, but I have not gone through the form yet. Good to know what they are asking for for the initial now I can get those together. One more question. The advisory at the L.A. website indicated that all documents needed to be translated to English. I was wondering if our Marriage certificate or her Thai I.D. needed to be officially translated? Maybe later?

An advisory regarding legalization of the documents?

It is surely not applicable to the application form.

The copies of documents they ask on the application go straight to Bangkok.

2 minutes ago, unheard said:

An advisory regarding legalization of the documents?

It is surely not applicable to the application form.

The copies of documents they ask on the application go straight to Bangkok.

Yeah take a look at the link... it's in the section outlining the actual VISA itself...

* All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations
  and certified by an Consulate only

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/non-immigration-visa-category-o/

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I am also in California but applied through a link I found on the Washinton DC site.   Honestly, I am not too shocked either, and I understand they they may need time to process, just looking to get a better estimate as it's difficult to get insurance for the durration of your stay when you don't know when il will begin. 

In Specific answer to the Ops questions (with the caveat that the UK requirements could be different from elsewhere)

If your health certificate states Cover for complications related to Covid-19 up to (or over) US$100,000 or a certificate stating something similar - that should be sufficient. 

Regarding the flights: The only ‘passenger flights’ being permitted to land in Thailand are the Thai Repatriation flights. 

There are ‘other international flights that can be seen on flight rater, Bkk arrivals webpage etc - but they are not taking passengers. 

I got caught out with an Qatar Airways flight - I was sold a ticket for a flight which was not permitted to take passengers into Thailand (it will be cancelled and I’ll get a refund, or I should !).

So... For now, I (from the UK anyway) its the official repatriation flights only. I’m not sure if thats the same in the US.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

with the caveat that the UK requirements could be different from elsewhere

I have read elsewhere that it very much is dependent which embassy, even for example here in the states, D.C., Chicago or L.A. does make a difference. But your update Richard certainly shows the same core documents with some added updates thanks for your post. I think the bottom line is you just have to start the process where you are at and drudge through what ever the process is. Now consider how the requirements and process are likely to change as we move through time. It's all maddening for sure. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So... For now, I (from the UK anyway) its the official repatriation flights only. I’m not sure if thats the same in the US.

Yeah I think it's the same here.  I can go online right now and get a ticket from vairious airlines but I think they are just trying to get a booking that they will eventually cancel this booking and offer it at a later date.  My Missus went on one of these flights (operated by Korean Air) in May and it was a bit more than we normally pay but not outrageous.

Also thanks for the updated information above.  

Edited by vision

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There have been some updates today. The most signicant of which is that the MFA has relinquished its ‘approval’ responsibilities to the Individual Embassies (for the UK anyway).

Do you have an official statement on that?

My local embassy mentions nothing similar anywhere on the website.

I've emailed them for a status update this morning.

Just got a response: we don't make any decisions - wait for a response from MFA.

Edited by unheard

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Yeah take a look at the link... it's in the section outlining the actual VISA itself...

* All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations
  and certified by an Consulate only

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/non-immigration-visa-category-o/

It's a separate process handled by the local embassy/consulate.

Initially you're applying for a permission to enter coming from MFA.

When issued the visa will be processed later following the approval.

• Thanks 1