Certificate of Entry process (For spouses of Thai citizens)

A lot of good information on this thread from all contributers.   Let's keep this up to date as new information comes in when any of us hear more about the upcoming  timelines / procedures.

Last thing any of us need is this turning into a typical Thaivisa thread that is full of contraditions arguments and conjecture.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that statement is an error and should  state if not in Thai or English. It is a  official Thai consulate so they certainly have staff that can read Thai. I am not aware of any embassy or official consulate wanting documents in Thai translated.

It can be the case. The consulate in Houston, TX is operated by a law firm. No Thai or Thai speaking staff. English translations required for all Thai language documentation. However, the embassy or consulate certification was not enforced. 

4 minutes ago, rct99q said:

Things may be happening....just received my COE from the Thai Consulate. 

Just waiting on confirmation of flights booked by said consulate.

Things are looking up.

Mind telling us which country consulate?

Thank you

13 minutes ago, rct99q said:

Things are looking up.

Aewsome,  Goodluck and godspeed.  Hopefully the US consulate will be able to do the same for some us to your south.

6 hours ago, Cisco said:

The consulate in Houston, TX is operated by a law firm.

That is a honorary consulate. It is not a official consulate. There are only 3 official consulates in the states that are in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. 

27 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Can you tell us what insurance you got? Did you have an existing policy or were you able to find a new one that covers Covid19?

I used a company called Insubuy: https://www.insubuy.com/

Whoever you get you will need to ensure they will give you a letter that will explicitly say that it covers Covid and the amount of 100K USD.

The below list was offered to me by an agent at the LA Consulate:

Health Insurance Policy Requirement (Statement must show the following)

1. Must provide coverage of at least $100,000US

2. Must indicate coverage includes COVID-19 treatment(s)

3. Must indicate policy provides coverage in Thailand

4. Must be valid for the duration of your stay

-----------------------------------------------

The following is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular company. The information only serves as a sample of companies which were used by other applicants. The information in parentheses pertains to whether or not the companies were able to provide a statement showing acceptable proof of coverage meeting the requirements above.

Allianz Care (statement did not specify coverage amount, COVID-19 coverage, coverage in Thailand, and duration of coverage)

Trawick International (statement met requirements)

Seven Corners (statement met requirements)

Thai Setakij Insurance Public Company Ltd. (Thai company) (statement met requirements but the company might not issue the policy for the duration of your stay as required)

Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL (Thai company)

GeoBlue Travel Insurance (statement met requirements)

TripMate – World Nomads (statement did not specify COVID-19 coverage or confirm coverage in Thailand)

AIG Travel Guard (policy does not state COVID-19 coverage)

AETNA (applicants report it is difficult to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Kaiser (applicants report it is difficult if to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Edited by vision
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rct99q said:

Things are looking up.

Sounds good. One previous poster did mention COE would not be issued until right at the end after the pre 72 Covid and fit to fly documents had been uploaded. This would appear to be different unless you are flying now/tomorrow/Monday.

Hello Members,

I really need help, I have been laid of in May 2020 and my visa and workpermit expired and cancelled by the employer. I don't want to go back to India until the Covid issue subside and the situation get backs to normal with Airline. I got a new job recently, but understood that within one week only it could be renewed. As it is not done the only way is to return to India and get a non-B which is almost impossible as all embassies are closed there. Back-door way some agents asked me 100K baht for each person to renew it. Due to this implications my prospective employer gave up the hope and decided to put my candidature down. Now I am jobless and amnesty is going to end on 31 July. And under-deep-mental-stress. Can I get a volunteer or some other visa to stay in Thailand. I really do't want to travel with repatriation flight and expose my family to Covid affected areas. In India also, the commute is not started to reach to my home town. Much appreciated for your help in this regard.

With Regards

11 hours ago, vision said:

Whoever you get you will need to ensure they will give you a letter that will explicitly say that it covers Covid and the amount of 100K USD.

-----------------------------------------------

The following is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular company. The information only serves as a sample of companies which were used by other applicants. The information in parentheses pertains to whether or not the companies were able to provide a statement showing acceptable proof of coverage meeting the requirements above.

Allianz Care (statement did not specify coverage amount, COVID-19 coverage, coverage in Thailand, and duration of coverage)

Trawick International (statement met requirements)

Seven Corners (statement met requirements)

Thai Setakij Insurance Public Company Ltd. (Thai company) (statement met requirements but the company might not issue the policy for the duration of your stay as required)

Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL (Thai company)

GeoBlue Travel Insurance (statement met requirements)

TripMate – World Nomads (statement did not specify COVID-19 coverage or confirm coverage in Thailand)

AIG Travel Guard (policy does not state COVID-19 coverage)

AETNA (applicants report it is difficult to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Kaiser (applicants report it is difficult if to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Excellent! Thanks for this reply. I suspect this will be helpful for many in our current situation. 

15 hours ago, vision said:

What if the policy statement doesn't specifically indicate Covid-19 but states that it covers any urgent or emergency treatment?

1 minute ago, unheard said:

What if the policy statement doesn't specifically indicate Covid-19 but states that it covers any urgent or emergency treatment?

I suspect this is what the letter is for...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I suspect this is what the letter is for...

Well, the letter says that the policy coverage well in excess of 100K and covers everything short of scheduled routine procedures.

Why would anyone have an issue with it?

25 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Those who have applied for CoE. What was the reason you gave for needing to return to Thailand.

I would hope that wanting to be with your wife would be sufficient reason, but this is Thailand and I don't want to assume anything.

Tell the truth.

You might and probably will be asked to provide some evidence of your special circumstance,

e.g. your wife is about to give/just gave birth.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, vision said:

I contacted this company... here was the quote. I confirmed this covers Covid19.

52 years old for "Save Travels Outbound Cost Saver" $500,000 in coverage/$250.00 deductible world-wide outside of home country coverage was $622.00 for 6 months. Can be renewed in 6 month increments. 

Same policy at a $2500.00 deductible dropped the price to $435.00 for six months.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, unheard said:

Well, the letter says that the policy coverage well in excess of 100K and covers everything short of scheduled routine procedures.

Why would anyone have an issue with it?

I am not trying to sound like an ass and your reasoning is sound however they are asking for a letter that states that Covid is covered. If you have dealt alot either with insurance laywers or comliance agencies: when they ask for something that says "Covid-19" and you dont have something that says "Covid-19" all reasonable arguments are out the window.    My suggestion is to cancel what you had before (I had Kaiser) and get a new policy with a company that will write the letter as they ask.

Edited by vision

2 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I contacted this company... here was the quote. I confirmed this covers Covid19.

Yes the letter they supply has

Covid 19: Covered same as any other illness to the above mentioned Medical Maximum

I can't say anything else about this company except that they do supply you a letter that complies with the requirements.

• Thanks 1

Folks in LA:  isn't there supposed to be a link on the LA Thai Embassy website where you start the online process & then get sent a list of flights (and hotels)?   Where is it?   All I can find right now is the online Category O visa application, which requires that you put in your flight booking in order to complete the form.  The woman who answers the phone at the embassy actually helped us navigate to the appropriate link on Friday, but then by Friday night 7/10 it seemed to have disappeared.  Either that or I'm a bumbling idiot, one or the other.

1 hour ago, vision said:

My suggestion is to cancel what you had before (I had Kaiser) and get a new policy with a company that will write the letter as they ask.

I understand your point.

I will specifically deal with the consulate regarding the wording.

And will try to get to someone else at my insurance company, someone who just doesn't read from a script. But not much hope though.

Have the Kaiser people categorically refused to mention covid-19 in the letter?

1 minute ago, RollUrDiceNMoveUrMice said:

but then by Friday night 7/10 it seemed to have disappeared.

They're updating the U.S. procedures over the weekend.

They said the updated SOP should be up and running on Monday.

25 minutes ago, RollUrDiceNMoveUrMice said:

Folks in LA:  isn't there supposed to be a link on the LA Thai Embassy website where you start the online process & then get sent a list of flights (and hotels)?   Where is it?   All I can find right now is the online Category O visa application, which requires that you put in your flight booking in order to complete the form.  The woman who answers the phone at the embassy actually helped us navigate to the appropriate link on Friday, but then by Friday night 7/10 it seemed to have disappeared.  Either that or I'm a bumbling idiot, one or the other.

They have removed the link. It was there two days ago. Now the link indicating the online form takes you to a "Registration form for Thai Nationals..."

"For those who wish to return to Thailand  Please register online at the embassy online at  [ registration form ]  to inform travel plans and urgent reasons  ( if any ) in  order for the relevant Thai government to have sufficient information to determine the need..."

https://thaiconsulatela.org/coronavirus/

8 hours ago, unheard said:
9 hours ago, vision said:

My suggestion is to cancel what you had before (I had Kaiser) and get a new policy with a company that will write the letter as they ask.

I understand your point.

I will specifically deal with the consulate regarding the wording.

And will try to get to someone else at my insurance company, someone who just doesn't read from a script. But not much hope though.

Have the Kaiser people categorically refused to mention covid-19 in the letter?

Is it possible to pay month for insurance cover?

An option may be to secure cover with an Insurance Company which will issue a letter / certificate stating Covid-19 is covered, pay monthly for the first month, then cancel. 

Cigna Health Insurance offers several policies that specifically mention Covid19 coverage and can be paid monthly. The policy has the option to cancel with a 7 day advance notice on each months payment. If one chooses to do so.

21 hours ago, unheard said:

Tell the truth.

You might and probably will be asked to provide some evidence of your special circumstance,

e.g. your wife is about to give/just gave birth.

In my letter I told them the need to look after my children. A 7 & 17 year old. The need to look after the family farm. To assist my wife in looking after them.

Mentioned her parents have both passed away so limited in assistance for looking after children when she is at work.

Indicated that if it was not possible to get back to Thailand and help raise the children I would have no other option but to return them back to Canada. All true.

Received my COE on Friday.

• Thanks 1