Certificate of Entry process (For spouses of Thai citizens)

6 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

The new form is up on the DC website: https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

They seem to now require that you book the flight and the ASQ hotel before submitting your application.

I guess if they don't approve you in time or at all, you just lose your money...

on the website you get the following message

The Embassy/Consulates-General has received the latest Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is currently updating our Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE). The form is not available at the moment and please check back later.

So looks like latest form has not be uploaded yet

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

on the website you get the following message

The Embassy/Consulates-General has received the latest Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is currently updating our Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE). The form is not available at the moment and please check back later.

So looks like latest form has not be uploaded yet

I hope they change it, the form was up earlier today(still have it loaded in my browser) and at the last step, you were required to upload the confirmation for your flight and ASQ.

1 hour ago, Willy333 said:

I hope they change it, the form was up earlier today(still have it loaded in my browser) and at the last step, you were required to upload the confirmation for your flight and ASQ.

That would make absolutely no sense.

Not until they allow any other than repatriation flights to carry permitted passengers.

Edited by unheard

I’ve just gone through the process. 

As always with anything dealing with Thai officialdom the rules are vague, somewhat contradictory and open to interpretation. When taking such instructions literally we often find ourselves struggling to meet requirements which clearly haven’t been given any detailed thought. 

So... (fo the UK at least and I assume the process is fairly similar across Embassies now) - While I provided a flight booking, I didn’t need it (I’m now fighting with the airline for a refund which I’m told will take 10-12 weeks !!!)

Here is what is required at what stage: 

Step 1: First Contact 

1) Contact Embassy, ask what documents are required (You’ll get the full list in no particular order or when they are required !).

Step 2: Application for CoE (Certificate of Entry)

2) Letter / Statement of reason to return

3) Copy of Passport / Copy of Visa Page

4) Copy of Marriage Certificate

5) Copy of Wife’s Passport

6) Declaration of Spouse document (embassy should e-mail this to you)

7) Certificate of Insurance (Covid-19 Cover / US$100,000 Minimum)

(there could be some wait until the next step, depending on how busy the embassy are and availability of repatriation flights etc).

Step 3: CoE Approval 

8 ) After receiving e-mailed notification of CoE approval you will be asked what flight or told what flight you can take

9) Book an ASQ hotel and e-mail the booking conformation to the Embassy  

Step 4: Flight Approval (this will be different in each country / each airline)

10) Pay for your flight ticket

Step 5: CoE Receipt

11) Your Certificate of Entry will be e-mailed to you

12) Your Flight Ticket will be e-mailed to you

Step 6: Covid Certification

13) Take a Covid-19 PCR test less than 72 hrs before your departure

14) Receive a Fit to Fly Certificate less than 72 hrs before your depature

Step 7: Airport Check In - Documents required for flight check-in and at Thai Immigration. 

1) Certificate of Entry 

2) Declaration form (please updated with your flight)

3) Fit to Fly health certificate

4. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that Covid-19 is not detected

5. Certificate of Insurance (Covid-19 Cover / $100,000 us Minimum)

6. ASQ hotel booking confirmation

7. Completed T.8 form (found on the Embassy website) 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Goinghomesoon said:

Great update @richard_smith237 as I also need to route via London (currently in Africa but embassies here are not planning any flights).  Have you seen a list of flights to Bangkok out of the UK that that Thais are organising?  I contacted the Thai Embassy in Doha just in case flights with Qatar Airways re-start from my current location and I can avoid the UK, but they didn't respond.

I had originally purchased a Qatar Airways flight, but was told it cannot take passengers into Thailand. 

The Qatar flights are still flying daily - they must taking cargo and returning with cargo and passengers. 

The Repatriation flights I’m aware of are EVA Air on 19th and 26th July and a Thai Airways on 16th August. I’m not sure if there are any Thai Airways flights this month (a contact in TG didn’t give me that information). 

Can you take any flight from Africa back to the UK? And what are the Quarantine / Isolation requirements upon arrival in the UK from your current location? (some have a 2 week self isolation requirement). 

You could apply to the Thai Embassy in the UK for CoE and the repatriation flight (based on Marriage to a Thai). All contact with the Embassy is by e-mail. 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, vision said:

I just recieved an email asking me to send my passport, 2 photos and money order along with self addressed return envelope to the Thai consulate in LA and letting me know of 3 available flights at the end of the month.

They've changed the process now.

Initially no requests to send the passport or money yet.

They only want you to upload your bookings for the flight/ASQ room first.

They also provide email addresses of authorized ticketing agents.

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willy333 said:

The new form is up on the DC website: https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

They seem to now require that you book the flight and the ASQ hotel before submitting your application.

I guess if they don't approve you in time or at all, you just lose your money...

I just went to L.A.'s website... apparently if you have a work permit Non-B you don't have to book your ASQ or flight before obtaining your COE. And L.A.'s website also still does not have a functioning online application button... they took it down about 5-6 days ago, but then I see it is back up again, but get the below message currently.

NON-B.jpg

L.A. Online VISA form notification.jpg

Edited by Tounge Thaied
added image

41 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I just went to L.A.'s website... apparently if you have a work permit Non-B you don't have to book your ASQ or flight before obtaining your COE.

I think those were the old rules because a few of us just got emails telling upload ASQ and Flight details. 

Screenshot at Jul 15 20-40-54.png

Edited by Wars
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wars said:

I think those were the old rules because a few of us just got emails telling upload ASQ and Flight details.

My understanding is that only the prior applicants whose submitted applications have been reviewed and found to be in compliance have received those emails.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

The form I was referring to was up for less than hour today. They took it down now.

The way it worked before you had to fill every required field to get to the last page of the form.

Have you finished it and submitted?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Step 3: CoE Approval 

8 ) After receiving e-mailed notification of CoE approval you will be asked what flight or told what flight you can take

9) Book an ASQ hotel and e-mail the booking conformation to the Embassy  

Step 4: Flight Approval (this will be different in each country / each airline)

10) Pay for your flight ticket

This is an excellent path forward document and anyone reading this should print his post and regard it as gospel.  I can attest first hand that it must be followed in exact order.  I was able to book a flight and did so right away yesterday only to find this morning that most of the ASQ hotels are fully booked.  Im still scrambling to find one but if not I may have to bite the bullet and pay $600 to have my flight re-booked for a time when I can secure a room.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, unheard said:

The way it worked before you had to fill every required field to get to the last page of the form.

Have you finished it and submitted?

The last page demanded a repatriation flight confirmation and proof of payment and the ASQ reservation. So, I didn't submit it.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

The last page demanded a repatriation flight confirmation and proof of payment and the ASQ reservation. So, I didn't submit it.

You could and should just make a word document with "not required" or "not available", upload and submit.

The forms were (are) still work in progress.

Nobody is allowed to fly in unless on the repatriation flights.

And you can't book repatriation flights without being preapproved.

Are they going to drop that requirement (pre approval) and allow anyone to jam the system without clear understanding if they qualify?

It would create an outright chaos with no available flights and ASQ rooms to book.

Edited by unheard

4 minutes ago, unheard said:

You could and should just make a word document with "not required" or "not available", upload and submit.

The forms were (are) still work in progress.

This was right under the field: 
If you have not booked ASQ, the Embassy/Consulate-Generals can't process your application.

I figured that it was best to wait for the next revision once I saw that they took it down.

7 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

This was right under the field: 
If you have not booked ASQ, the Embassy/Consulate-Generals can't process your application.

I figured that it was best to wait for the next revision once I saw that they took it down.

If that is where they're going forget about open seats on the repatriation flights and available ASQ rooms.

Everything will be booked solid.

Also wonder about refunds if the application doesn't get approved in the end for some technicality.

If the ASQ room is not refundable then what?

I don't know how it's going to work if true.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, unheard said:

If that is where they're going forget about open seats on the repatriation flights and available ASQ rooms.

Also wonder about refunds if the application doesn't get approved in the end for some technicality.

Yeah, that was my conclusion as well.

I just checked the Thai embassy in Canada, they ask for an ASQ booking in the first step as well but no fancy form, just email. 

Edited by Willy333

4 hours ago, unheard said:

Well yeah,  The flights I had originally expected to take end of the month were in fact full however a new flight was opened yesterday (21 seats available at the time of this posint) to leave LA on the 22.  As for ASQ rooms well again the first 8 I called at about 35K to 50K for the duration were booked until first week of August but the more expensive ones over 60K had openings for next week.  I expect they will continue to add flights as they certify new hotels so that it may seem extremly tight now but it will undoubtedly open up more as time goes on.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, vision said:

As for ASQ rooms well again the first 8 I called at about 35K to 50K for the duration were booked until first week of August

Had the same issue everything is booked until the first week of August called almost all of them down the list. I'm almost considering the Grand centre point terminal 21 which is going for 80k or pushing the flight to a later date. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, vision said:

I expect they will continue to add flights as they certify new hotels so that it may seem extremly tight now but it will undoubtedly open up more as time goes on.

There was a lot of talk about a month ago about the drastic expansion of the available ASQ hotels.

So far it was a very slow process.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, unheard said:
6 hours ago, vision said:

I expect they will continue to add flights as they certify new hotels so that it may seem extremly tight now but it will undoubtedly open up more as time goes on.

There was a lot of talk about a month ago about the drastic expansion of the available ASQ hotels.

So far it was a very slow process.

There was quite an issue of some hotels complaining that officials were asking for ‘under the table payouts’ to approve an application for a hotel to become an ASQ Hotel - things then went very quiet and no new hotels were or have appeared on the list. 

The cynic in me thinks those in positions of decision making power (positions to profit) are working something else out. 

That said: As the system of repatriating Thai’s and foreigners (who qualify) becomes more common various decision making processes will become more efficient. 

The MFA has already relinquished its decision making power to the Embassies. 

As more repatriation flights become available logic suggests that more ASQ’s will be approved. 

I know - that requires logic. It will happen after Thai’s complain some more of the bottlenecks and the Media gets wind and starts reporting more - pushing those in positions of decision making power to do something. 

Of course the risk is always present that with each new imported case of Covid-19 those in making the decisions get nervous and hold back with some knee-jerk response. 

I’m a little surprised they didn’t already ban all repatriation flights for the time being in response to the Positive test results of the Sudanese family and Egyptian military guy(s). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Vietnam, was quoted a flight out at the end of the month for $562. Usually it cost $80 max. I can't even consider as it was a budget airline and I have over 80kg of baggage since I'm moving there. 

Never mind people jumping on 50k ASQ's?? 

Someones making up some loss virus profit with this whole ordeal, that's for damn sure.

I want to get back to my wife as much as everyone else...but I'm OK for now with this bs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azt219 said:

I just emailed the Thai embassy in UK as I've been trying to get back to my wife and job in Thailand.  

This was their reply.

image.png

Does that mean they have no seats available for you on the repatriation flight on the 26th?

As of last week there were seats available on the EVA Air repatriation flights on 19th and 26th - but only business class (at a whopping cost of £2514). 

It seems that if those two repatriation flights are full the Thai Embassy in the UK is not processing any applications for CoE until further repatriation flights are confirmed. 

For anyone in Africa (in a place with operating flights) - the Thai Embassy in Nairobi is arranging 2 flights Addis Ababa - Bangkok one for the 18th of July and one a week or so later.  I only found out today, so clearly missed the opportunity for the 18th but will be trying for the later one.