Speakers

izod10

Hello everybody,...little used thread,hopeful for answer

Quite a few years ago bought 5 speaker system with dvd player (Philips)  The box (mixer) whatever was lost through a repair.

Now Im left with 5 pretty expensive speakers (or were)

My hearings <deleted> now and sounds from tv are muffled,like to connect these speakers to tv,rather than sound bar

take it Ill need a mixer box,cut the Philips plug- ins off and install phono,or whatever mixer box takes

Any ideas ?   Thanks

10 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Thanks

No problem.  On second thought, the philips connectors etc may be proprietary so you might need to get a whole new system.  Powerbuy has complete 5.1 systems from 13-19k (Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon) and Piyanas has some that will be much better starting at about 50k Including the receiver and will definitely outperform your Philips.

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/tv-and-entertainment/home-audio/home-theater-systems

https://www.piyanas.com/category/148/BestBudgetHomeTheater

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nothing a knife or scissors can't fix in a second.

True....I guess he could cut the plugs off the end of the speaker cable and attach them to the inputs on a new receiver.  Dunno what the DVD player is for those kinds of systems.  I still watch movies in 2 channel audio myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

No problem.  On second thought, the philips connectors etc may be proprietary so you might need to get a whole new system.  Powerbuy has complete 5.1 systems from 13-19k (Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon) and Piyanas has some that will be much better starting at about 50k Including the receiver and will definitely outperform your Philips.

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/tv-and-entertainment/home-audio/home-theater-systems

https://www.piyanas.com/category/148/BestBudgetHomeTheater

But it is pointless spending that sort of money on a system which will go up say 20kHz if your ears are shot and can only hear up to 11 or 12 kHz. 

Sounds like you lost the amplifier.  Phono is for a turntable.  Buy a cheap surround receiver.

Phono plugs are actually called RCA plugs and are standard for most hifi and TV outputs. By the way, what's a turntable?    PML

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

But it is pointless spending that sort of money on a system which will go up say 20kHz if your ears are shot and can only hear up to 11 or 12 kHz. 

I disagree, but whatever.  “That sort of money” is all relative.

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

Phono plugs are actually called RCA plugs and are standard for most hifi and TV outputs. By the way, what's a turntable?    PML

Usually they are just referred to as RCA cables....or XLR if you have a system that has those capabilities.  Maybe it’s a US vs UK vocabulary difference....or you’re just an ass.

3 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I disagree, but whatever.  “That sort of money” is all relative.

Usually they are just referred to as RCA cables....or XLR if you have a system that has those capabilities.  Maybe it’s a US vs UK vocabulary difference....or you’re just an ass.

You disagree? Like buying a car which will do 200mph, but you can only drive up to 70!

'That sort of money' was in reference to one of your earlier posts where you suggested 13-15k 0r even 5k Bht.

Did I not say that phono plugs were called RCA?   

And obviously it IS a US vs UK vocabulary difference, as we (UK) would call you an a r s e!

40 minutes ago, stouricks said:

You disagree? Like buying a car which will do 200mph, but you can only drive up to 70!

13-18k for a sound system isn’t comparable to a 200mph car.  It’s not like I was suggesting a high end system.  Sound is more than just the high frequencies.  

13-18k for a sound system isn’t comparable to a 200mph car.  It’s not like I was suggesting a high end system.  Sound is more than just the high frequencies.  

I was not suggesting you can buy a supercar for 13-18k, even if that were GBP. I was using it as a comparison. Yes, sound is more than top end as you say as,even if you cannot hear those frequencies, they will interfere with the frequencies which you CAN hear and alter the harmonic content of the music. But theses days what will be the format of the music being played............compressed mp3s! Cheers.

A cheap surround sound receiver is the way to go.

What impedance (Ω) are your speakers?

Most package home theatre systems such as yours usually come with 4Ω or 6Ω speakers.

You will have to find a receiver that matches your speakers.

You can get low end receivers like this on Lazada for just under 11,000 baht which will also give you HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz video for your TV (if you have a 4K TV otherwise Full HD (1080p) will do).

You can get better (and more expensive) receivers, but to be honest your speakers would not be doing it justice.

16 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

A cheap surround sound receiver is the way to go.

What impedance (Ω) are your speakers?

Most package home theatre systems such as yours usually come with 4Ω or 6Ω speakers.

You will have to find a receiver that matches your speakers.

You can get low end receivers like this on Lazada for just under 11,000 baht which will also give you HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz video for your TV (if you have a 4K TV otherwise Full HD (1080p) will do).

You can get better (and more expensive) receivers, but to be honest your speakers would not be doing it justice.

Good info,thanks, an idiot giving up the box.   Looked up some some cheap receivers,so cheap  400 baht lazada  ,but guess no good  but no way Ill pay 11000 baht for a receiver

Philips 3156 impedence  4amps

• Total Power (RMS): 300 W
• Output power (RMS): 4x37.5W + 2x75W
• D/A converter: 24 bit, 192 kHz
• Frequency response: 180-14000 Hz
• Signal to noise ratio: > 60 dB

not a perfectionist,but would something like do the job?  Cannot turn the image around for terminals

ระบบ MP5  กระแสไฟฟ้า 50 วัตต์ ในการเล่นเพลง background ระบบเสียงฝังบนฟ้าระดับโปร ช่องเสียบไมล์โครโฟน 1 ช่อง รองรับ USB/SD/บลูธูทฟังก์ชั่นในการเล่น Amplifier speaker Flygo CO-AMP30(1)-SPK1(2)

Edited by izod10

57 minutes ago, izod10 said:

ระบบ MP5  กระแสไฟฟ้า 50 วัตต์ ในการเล่นเพลง background ระบบเสียงฝังบนฟ้าระดับโปร ช่องเสียบไมล์โครโฟน 1 ช่อง รองรับ USB/SD/บลูธูทฟังก์ชั่นในการเล่น Amplifier speaker Flygo CO-AMP30(1)-SPK1(2)

I think you'll find that that particular amplifier is a stereo karaoke amp.... see the 2 microphone input jacks on the front? Also... no remote control.

You need to check the ports on the back... does it have 5 (or more) speaker output ports? I suspect that this amp only has 2.

Does it have HDMI input ports (for your CD, DVD, BluRay, Android media player etc) as well as an HDMI AV output port for your TV?

Alternatively you could try the second hand HiFi shops or the second hand FB market.

• Like 1