BANGKOK

Iam getting ready to apply for the UK state pension, in the sections where they require information on living abroad Iam not sure what to put.

Basically I had some very long holidays back from 2009, I married a Thai but returned to the UK  for work and family. I left for good in August 2017, after a one year stay. I still have a UK address and bank account. 

Should I tell all the dates or just the last one when I moved here on a more permanent basis.

Just go with the last one. If you leave it blank it looks suspicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes full stamp, in this day and age every single penny counts, I really don't want them to reduce what little payments there are if I can help it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dasboot said:

Yes full stamp, in this day and age every single penny counts, I really don't want them to reduce what little payments there are if I can help it.

So if you use your UK details you will get the £3 a week increase every year. Get it paid into your UK account, then Transferwise each month.

• Like 2

If you still have an address in the UK use that address as you will get an index linked pension. If you haven’t paid the full quota of NH contributions you can buy the shortfall quite cheaply. I moved to the Philippines and my pension increased by £140 a month. For some reason people living in the Philippines get an index linked pension. Then because mail to the Philippines often gets lost I got a friend of mine in England to enable me to use his address as a forwarding address. The Pension Office uses Skype to contact me and I still have a Filipino mobile number.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I am taxed on my 3 U.K. pensions so it would not be wise of me to give a U.K. address when they know where I am but if you are only collecting your Pension and nothing else this would mean paying no income tax and in that case I would give a U.K. address . You can do it over the phone it takes 5 minutes if you have skype you can call on a free phone number they don’t even know where your calling from the office opens 8 am every morning Monday to Friday  I have been collecting my pension for 3 years I currently receive £125 if I had of given a U.K. address I would be getting £135 per week my other two pensions are increased yearly regardless where I live . My wife is on the current scheme so she get £175 per week so you should get the same and we still have the triple lock unless that gets stopped in the Autumn budget   

44 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

If you still have an address in the UK use that address as you will get an index linked pension. If you haven’t paid the full quota of NH contributions you can buy the shortfall quite cheaply. I moved to the Philippines and my pension increased by £140 a month. For some reason people living in the Philippines get an index linked pension. Then because mail to the Philippines often gets lost I got a friend of mine in England to enable me to use his address as a forwarding address. The Pension Office uses Skype to contact me and I still have a Filipino mobile number.

The U.K. have a reciprocal agreement with the Philippines so you get your increase every year sadly that is not the case with Thailand so the pension is frozen unless you tell a porkie pie and give a U.K. address

• Like 1